Sark74

Duke of York and KGV... Reload times

4 comments in this topic

Players
205 posts
5,325 battles

These are the basically the same ships except for spotter plane on thr KGV and Hydro on Duke, but my question is why does the KGV have a 25s reload and the Duke of York have 29.5s reload, same guns, same shells, same everything :/ 

KGV was probably my favourite in the British line, I just got the Duke from a container and I'm a little bit disappointed it doesn't have 25s reload :/ anyone know why?.. Some historical fact maybe? 

Cheers

Players
10,674 posts
12,148 battles
7 hours ago, Sark74 said:

These are the basically the same ships except for spotter plane on thr KGV and Hydro on Duke, but my question is why does the KGV have a 25s reload and the Duke of York have 29.5s reload, same guns, same shells, same everything :/ 

KGV was probably my favourite in the British line, I just got the Duke from a container and I'm a little bit disappointed it doesn't have 25s reload :/ anyone know why?.. Some historical fact maybe? 

Cheers

DoY have American Piercing ricochet angles, THE best T7 AA and Hydro. With citadel raise her drawback of one heal less than KGV is also gone, while DoY seems to sit deeper in water, making "raised citadel" not so raised.

That and she (as well Scharnhorst) have beautiful arctic camo/remodel, first WG venture into 3d skins for ships IIRC. Dunno if its available for purchase, got one alongside with the ship during 2017 Christmas grindfest:Smile_smile:

Spoiler

shot-19-08-04-09-42-13-0464.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
205 posts
5,325 battles

Thanks for the info :)

I'll try out the AP a little more, Ive only played her once so far.. 

Oh and I have the artic camo for the Edinburgh, it's nice :) 

[PT-GT]
Players
197 posts

In my opinion the "better penetration of DoY at the expense of rate of fire" is a total speculation with no real basis!

The heal party charges of DoY were augmented to 3 in a recent update though!