Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tangoezwoulou

new CVs?

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
21 posts
655 battles

hello, i'm a returning player and i saw there was a rework to CVs, i'm on a new account and i'm currently thinking about working towards a CV line in addition to my BB line.

So.. are the CVs any good post rework? if yes, which line should I pick? :3

Thank you for any asnwer! :)

7 answers to this question

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,643 posts
7,836 battles

Well, to be exact there IS a rework to CV's, not WAS. At this moment WarGaming is gathering data to balance carriers and they are trying to figure out how to make CVs fun for both parties. So it is difficult to advise you anything for a class that is still in the middle of a rework.

The most boring line seems to be the RN line, so I guess you are best of with either USN or IJN. USN has easier to use DB's imo.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
2,021 posts
14,974 battles

The US CV line is a reasonable all round CV line with quite strong tier 8 and 10 CVs.

The state of CVs right now is a bit difficult as they are still making considerable changes to the interactions between surface ships and aircraft (such as the new AA reinforcement mechanic being tested on the PTS right now) but overall sentiment at the moment is that CVs are performing at the worst they have been (other than the periods they were unintentionally overnerfed and hotfixed) since the rework hit.

[THROW]
Players
189 posts
10,291 battles

CVs are only for the strong-willed. They are in an awful spot, especially in t8 and onwards, and it's even worse for the IJN CVs (extremely low HP on aircraft, RNG AP bombs that spray like German BB shells).

As of now, even some DDs will blast you out of the sky. And they plan on adding Friesland to intensify the AA cancer.

Spotting damage exp/credits multiplier is ridiculously trash as well, so don't get your hopes up if you plan on being a team player in higher tiers and "just" spot for your team.

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts
2 hours ago, tangoezwoulou said:

hello, i'm a returning player and i saw there was a rework to CVs, i'm on a new account and i'm currently thinking about working towards a CV line in addition to my BB line.

So.. are the CVs any good post rework? if yes, which line should I pick? :3

Thank you for any asnwer! :)

Just don't. You'll burn out on this game super fast.

1. Developers nerf or outright ignore the class. (only instance of it being tilted to CV's being OP was surprise when they were pushing to sell premiums hard). This is right in the middle of the nerf beating.

2. The community has a hateboner for CV players. You are literal hitler for playing.

3. You pay twice the xp and creds to get further down the line for what exactly? more of the same gameplay only the annoyances are dialed up.

4. Action CV's are basically damage farmers by nature and will never be balanced because the dynamics are so flat it's either the CV is OP or the ship AA is OP.

If you want aviation try another game.

• Cool 1

Players
21 posts
655 battles

ok thanks a lot for the feedback, that's appreciated!

so i'll stick with MY BBs x)

and maybe some russian DDs, i love the concept of a little and agile gunboat that can dodge BB shells :D

Sign in to follow this