Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
buccaneer_invader

Karma.

26 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,693 battles

You're playing that long and you're asking that question now? Wierd.

Karma isn't doing anything right now. I have 946 karma at this moment. Maybe WG will make something with that. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,128 posts
19,776 battles
11 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

I have 946 karma at this moment.

Doesn't it increase the number of recommendations you can hand out each day (7 standard), or was this only for dem Russians?

Also at that levels of karma you clearly do not curse and swear enough in chat and/or play the wrong class of ships. :cap_rambo:

[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,693 battles
7 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Doesn't it increase the number of recommendations you can hand out each day (7 standard), or was this only for dem Russians?

Also at that levels of karma you clearly do not curse and swear enough in chat and/or play the wrong class of ships. :cap_rambo:

Ah I forgot about that. If I remember, when it's above 200 karma you get 11 reports/compliments per day instead of the 7. 

I try to be very helpful. Plus I was getting lots of compliments from the Polish community (we tend to compliment each other every time :Smile_trollface:

I was cursing in the past. Now I was getting chatbans for "chat spam" or "rough language" . From time to time for the "stfu" when somebody was spamming commands. I stopped cursing a year ago tbh.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,128 posts
19,776 battles
39 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Plus I was getting lots of compliments from the Polish community (we tend to compliment each other every time :Smile_trollface:

Sounds a little like the totally accidental points "sharing" in between some of the (mostly) slavic countries in the Eurovison Song Contest... :Smile_bajan2:

Also, how do you recognize each other? Using Name_PL like in WoT or writing Siemka PL? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,693 battles
31 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Sounds a little like the totally accidental points "sharing" in between some of the (mostly) slavic countries in the Eurovison Song Contest... :Smile_bajan2:

Also, how do you recognize each other? Using Name_PL like in WoT or writing Siemka PL? :Smile_trollface:

By the nicks and clans. Sometimes we don't have to write anything, everyone knows clans like MS-B, GRAY, WIDMO, BSW, ARES-/ARES2, GROM-, some have the PL in them like DK-PL, TTTPL, or the ORP . 

Some people say this is cheating. Of well, that's MM and our own will too :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
55 posts
6,592 battles
On 8/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, MacArthur92 said:

You're playing that long and you're asking that question now? Wierd.

Karma isn't doing anything right now. I have 946 karma at this moment. Maybe WG will make something with that. 

I have 9 :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
2,748 posts
21,083 battles

Assuming it's a genuine question karma is essentially a log of the all the reports and compliments you get, in theory it should show if people think your a good player or a bad one or possibly just salty in chat from if you have a high or low karma

Of course as has been talked about so much on this forum, it is also affected by people who object to you killing them or playing a certain ship they don't like. However there isn't a expiration date they just sit there either slowly ticking up or down depending on if your complimented or reported. 

Still it's largely meaningless I have always assumed it was planned as a way to encourage positive behaviour but then WG got bored of the idea. 

Beta Tester
296 posts
3,939 battles

If playing CV, a benchmark is getting 1 negative karma from enemy per match and sometimes positives ones for good games.

Frankly I do not give a damm just kills people that is on my way.

[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,693 battles
1 hour ago, gizaman said:

If playing CV, a benchmark is getting 1 negative karma from enemy per match and sometimes positives ones for good games.

Frankly I do not give a damm just kills people that is on my way.

Mate. My record was -7 karma received after battle. And mostly because my team was mad that I killed 6 ships on my Haku :Smile_teethhappy:

I don't care having +900 karma. 

Players
6,338 posts
12,769 battles
On 8/2/2019 at 1:57 PM, Ubertron_X said:

This is correct.

I'm at above 150 somewhere and can compliment and report 11 times a day.

I don't remember where the threshold was, but 150 gives 11 each for sure.

I don't know if it ever increases if you get more karma, but I suppose that 11 is the max?

Players
88 posts
25,896 battles

Behind the scenes the servers keep track of how you get put into battles by a system called Karma. Karma means that each time you get put into a battle of your own tier along with lower tiers, you lose a point. Each time you go into a battle with higher tier aircraft, you gain a point. Normally this should level out randomly, but when you've played a lot of battles with higher tier aircraft in a row you'll end up with a high positive score. Once this score goes above a certain level (not sure of the level, I think 6) the matchmaker will force you into a battle with lower tiers. The Karma is now 5, so now you continue with random matchmaking until you go above the threshold again. This also goes the other way around: if you play a lot of tiered-down battles, you are sure to face higher tiers eventually.

CONFUSED ABOUT THIS.

[TACHA]
Players
1,595 posts
18,242 battles

Karma is merely a score - if someone compliments you +1 - reports you -1

It has no bearing on anything else and certainly not match making. Mine is 369 at last look. Slowly increases - especially if playing DD and protect another ship with smoke!

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,693 battles
On 8/6/2019 at 4:14 AM, NothingButTheRain said:

This is correct.

I'm at above 150 somewhere and can compliment and report 11 times a day.

I don't remember where the threshold was, but 150 gives 11 each for sure.

I don't know if it ever increases if you get more karma, but I suppose that 11 is the max?

I have 946 karma. Still max 11. Though it should be 20 :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
317 posts
7,707 battles
3 hours ago, buccaneer_invader said:

Behind the scenes the servers keep track of how you get put into battles by a system called Karma. Karma means that each time you get put into a battle of your own tier along with lower tiers, you lose a point. Each time you go into a battle with higher tier aircraft, you gain a point. Normally this should level out randomly, but when you've played a lot of battles with higher tier aircraft in a row you'll end up with a high positive score. Once this score goes above a certain level (not sure of the level, I think 6) the matchmaker will force you into a battle with lower tiers. The Karma is now 5, so now you continue with random matchmaking until you go above the threshold again. This also goes the other way around: if you play a lot of tiered-down battles, you are sure to face higher tiers eventually.

CONFUSED ABOUT THIS.

This forum is for Warships not Warplanes.

Players
267 posts
14,161 battles

So many posts about karma come from frustration over being reported unfairly. Just for a change, today I earned 3 karma from a single game, which might be the most I ever got. I was one of three survivors on my team against five enemies, and we not only sank four of them, we all survived. It was made possible mostly by the enemy Amagi who played frankly horribly and threw away what should have been a win for his team, but we also played well.

• Cool 2

Players
2,748 posts
21,083 battles
17 minutes ago, Rosletyne said:

So many posts about karma come from frustration over being reported unfairly. Just for a change, today I earned 3 karma from a single game, which might be the most I ever got. I was one of three survivors on my team against five enemies, and we not only sank four of them, we all survived. It was made possible mostly by the enemy Amagi who played frankly horribly and threw away what should have been a win for his team, but we also played well.

Very true when your reported for just killing someone and they don't like it then I can understand the frustration especially considering how frugal some people are with their compliments. 

Still sometimes its funny to be reported when the person doing it makes it very clear they cannot accept you outplayed them. For example yesterday I burnt a Conqueror to death in my Hindi, the Conqueror player really didn't like that.

Still you must have played very well to get 3 compliments in 1 game best I ever get is maybe 2.  

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,693 battles
On 8/7/2019 at 7:19 PM, buccaneer_invader said:

Karma means that each time you get put into a battle of your own tier along with lower tiers, you lose a point. Each time you go into a battle with higher tier aircraft, you gain a point

That's a very big misinterpretation. Idk how/why you got into such "conclusions". You get -1 when someone reports you, +1 when you get complinented. There's no connection between karma and MM.... 

[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,693 battles
26 minutes ago, Rosletyne said:

So many posts about karma come from frustration over being reported unfairly. Just for a change, today I earned 3 karma from a single game, which might be the most I ever got. 

My maximum was +5 compliments and -7 reports after one battle. 

Players
267 posts
14,161 battles
12 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

Still you must have played very well to get 3 compliments in 1 game best I ever get is maybe 2.  

Honestly, not really. I had managed to stay alive in a bottom tier cruiser, finished off two damaged enemies and contributed to other kills, that was about it. The victory was a team effort, with us three being able to focus the enemies one by one while they were too scattered to do the same to us. What happened was that one of our dead team members said in chat he gave +1 to all of us three, and I guess that prompted others to compliment also, probably my fellow survivors. I did not see the result screens, but I guess that player had had a good game before being killed, and was pleased his effort was not in vain.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,693 battles
1 hour ago, Rosletyne said:

Honestly, not really. I had managed to stay alive in a bottom tier cruiser, finished off two damaged enemies and contributed to other kills, that was about it. The victory was a team effort, with us three being able to focus the enemies one by one while they were too scattered to do the same to us. What happened was that one of our dead team members said in chat he gave +1 to all of us three, and I guess that prompted others to compliment also, probably my fellow survivors. I did not see the result screens, but I guess that player had had a good game before being killed, and was pleased his effort was not in vain.

Yeah but the team gave you compliments cause you didn't screw it up + you had solid nerves in such situation. I also give such compliments cause its that one last player responsibility to get it to the end.

Players
6,338 posts
12,769 battles
On 8/9/2019 at 6:19 PM, MacArthur92 said:

My maximum was +5 compliments and -7 reports after one battle. 

I've never seen more then -2 reports after a single battle. Maybe I did get +3 compliments after a battle.

But I get reported usually without there being any kind of message. Often I have no idea why, but it doesn't really bother me since I know what type of peoples would do this.

Getting compliments is more the tricky part :Smile-_tongue:

Sign in to follow this