Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Bayer

Vote for Auto AFK and status buttons

Auto AFK and status buttons  

24 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like Status buttons and/or an auto-AFK function in the game.

    • Yes, only Auto-AFK function after XX minutes
      4
    • Yes, Auto AFK, AND status buttons in the harbour for AFK (no gameplay possible) / Busy (solo gameplay possible but no invitations or PMs / Available (normal)
      8
    • Only status buttons (AFK / Busy / Available)
      2
    • Not needed in the game
      9

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
8 posts
16,869 battles

Hi everyone, 

 

in our clan we spoke about an AUTO AFK function for clan players which are afk. We have the problem not to know who is AFK (some people are logged in all day long not reacting to PMs or invites to clan battles).

Our idea, (already posted somewhere), was to install an auto-AFK function or buttons in the harbour screen for:

 

- AFK (no playing possible)

- BUSY (solo playing possible, but no personal chat or invitations possible)

- AVAILABLE (normal.)

Again. (AFK, Busy, Available).

 

But most important that additionally you get marked "AFK" automatically if not doing any input for 10 or XX minutes.

 

 - - Please tell me your opinions and join the vote above  - -

 

With kind regards, 

 

Admiral_Bayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
49 minutes ago, Admiral_Bayer said:

(some people are logged in all day long not reacting to PMs or invites to clan battles)

There's a problem with chatservers not updating userlists so it will show people as online even though they aren't. Also goes for friendlists, user search, etc.. Afaik only the automatic clan chat updates accurately (or at least it does for ours). So if you're looking at your friendlist and see a number of clan mates online but they don't react, there's a good chance this is what's causing it.

 

If it's just people logging into the game and never doing anything, I'd just have a word with those people. After all there's literally zero point logging into the game when they don't do anything at all, just costs bandwidth and puts unnecessary workload on their PC (and thus resulting in an ever so slightly higher eletricity bill for no good reason).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8 posts
16,869 battles

thanks for your reply. We know that problem as well. Often you have a disconnect and then you are not displayed for the rest of the clan, friends or you have 3 open divisions.

 

But we have the difficulty in clan battles. People just go smoking, are on the phone or are bringing their children to bed and 6 people are waiting to get into battle´and start inviting the 

clan members which are "online". That can take up to 10 minutes until someone responds or we break up and forget about clan battles. Which happends mostly after the 3rd invite or so. 

People don't want to waste their time waiting for battles. 

 

Not during clan battles but even I do it on a free day. I log in play a few battles, grab a coffe and do my laundry or have a cigarette and people try to invite me or try to chat with me. But I dont want to log out just because I

am gone for 10 minutes.

 

Thats why I tought it might be a good idea for the buttons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,524 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Bayer said:

thanks for your reply. We know that problem as well. Often you have a disconnect and then you are not displayed for the rest of the clan, friends or you have 3 open divisions.

 

But we have the difficulty in clan battles. People just go smoking, are on the phone or are bringing their children to bed and 6 people are waiting to get into battle´and start inviting the 

clan members which are "online". That can take up to 10 minutes until someone responds or we break up and forget about clan battles. Which happends mostly after the 3rd invite or so. 

People don't want to waste their time waiting for battles. 

 

Not during clan battles but even I do it on a free day. I log in play a few battles, grab a coffe and do my laundry or have a cigarette and people try to invite me or try to chat with me. But I dont want to log out just because I

am gone for 10 minutes.

 

Thats why I tought it might be a good idea for the buttons. 

The entire chat system is a joke, that's why people use discord and similar external services. 

 

The only useful things are map ping and quick messaging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,916 posts
18 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

If it's just people logging into the game and never doing anything, I'd just have a word with those people. After all there's literally zero point logging into the game when they don't do anything at all, just costs bandwidth and puts unnecessary workload on their PC (and thus resulting in an ever so slightly higher eletricity bill for no good reason).

:Smile_teethhappy: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
8,750 posts
44,622 battles

Yeah I think it works be a good thing. Plus if somebody is afk in battle, that you can see pressing tab of he's loaded in battle or disconnected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×