You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Public Test of Update 0.8.7: Round 3

41 comments in this topic

[XAPLA]
Players
1 post
4,544 battles

hmm do need to download the all 24gb for to play on public test? i have allready the game ...

[PORT]
[PORT]
Players
21 posts
15,816 battles

How come W G did not respond to my post in the last public test about the lack of players to get to Rank I ...???   It seems unfair to give a bonus of special flags and make it nearly impossible to gain it....!

regards  nextoops

[U-W]
Players
128 posts
7,162 battles
3 hours ago, nextoops said:

How come W G did not respond to my post in the last public test about the lack of players to get to Rank I ...???   It seems unfair to give a bonus of special flags and make it nearly impossible to gain it....!

regards  nextoops

welcome to the world of deception. 

• Cool 2

Players
501 posts
8,917 battles

I was confused why I couldn't see the Research Bureau tab in my Armory. Then I remembered that you needed to have 2 fully-researched lines to be able to access this (thank you, Mr Gibbins, for mentioning that so often it actually stuck).

Why is Shinonome in there? As a placeholder?

[DAVY]
Players
16 posts
25,780 battles

I can't access the ArmoUry on the test server, it simply will not load. How precisely do i test the things that are only available from there?.......Italian cruisers for instance?
Fix it asap. This is all i get.
Frankly getting old giving up my time testing things, filling in your surveys when you can't even get it right to get people rewarded for our time.

Armoury.JPG

Players
53 posts
9 hours ago, DanSilverwing said:

I was confused why I couldn't see the Research Bureau tab in my Armory. Then I remembered that you needed to have 2 fully-researched lines to be able to access this (thank you, Mr Gibbins, for mentioning that so often it actually stuck).

Why is Shinonome in there? As a placeholder?

so I have 7 fully researched ship lines and no design bureau for me at all

[SUOLA]
Players
12 posts
2,576 battles

Just downloaded test client for first time. How do I access italian cruisers? They are not in techthree or in armory?

News mentions: Italian Tier V–VII cruisers Montecuccoli, Trento, and Zara can be exchanged via the Research Bureau tab in the Armory

Thou I do not have any research bureau tab there atleast one I find..

[JOLLY]
Players
2 posts
4,234 battles

What am I supposed to do in order to get the research points? Pretty sure the implementation right now is faulty. Whenever I sell an entire ship line I wouldn't receive any points.

Players
366 posts

Hi WG.

With this new update test WHY in all battles i've play in Co-op sofar a friendly bot ship has fired at me hitting me badly, and to make it worse it's alway when i'm on low health from the bad game mechanics that you seem too think is funny.

It's bad when enemy teams fire at me with great accuracy when i'm not detected and even in smoke not giving my position away they

still shot and hit i then get shot in the back by my team bots.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,383 posts
2 minutes ago, sarvam said:

What am I supposed to do in order to get the research points? Pretty sure the implementation right now is faulty. Whenever I sell an entire ship line I wouldn't receive any points.

you have to win battles in its tier 6+ after resetting (and regrinding) a line

[JOLLY]
Players
2 posts
4,234 battles
8 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

you have to win battles in its tier 6+ after resetting (and regrinding) a line

Thanks, will give this a try! I feel really stupid now.

[OCTO]
Players
72 posts
8,889 battles

Dear Wargaming,

I installed the test client to try out the Italian cruisers. You see I'm a cruiser main and I would have loved to take a first look at the new arrivals. 
For the love of everything, you deem sacred WHY did you put those cruisers behind an NTC grind wall? It's a test version after all, why cannot we just have them as any other nation? You should have already known by now that nobody wants NTC (even if you renamed it to Bureau of whatever) then why do you force people to do the idiotic/mind-numbing NTC grind to have the ability to test the Italian Cruisers? 

Shame on you Wargaming. There is no reward in the world you can make me regrind any line on any frikken client. Not even a test one. Test client uninstalled.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HNFC]
Players
4 posts
11,552 battles

Befolyásolja a PT az élő folyamatot?

just because Live ships and FreeXP is available on PT

[CG]
[CG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
233 posts
10,042 battles

I've reset US CL tech branch, won a tiers VI battle and received... 65 then played a tiers VIII and received 80 making 140 points... out of the 2000 needed to test the first italian ship.

WG, you serious ? :cap_money:

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
350 battles

is there a way to join the public test that is NOT the wierd code thing? it for whatever reason doesn't work for me.

if it was downloaded the same way as the WoT common test it would be great but the code thing of the WoWs public test.

pls help!

[P-W-C]
Players
5,035 posts
28,018 battles
1 hour ago, SplashyMcSplashFace said:

is there a way to join the public test that is NOT the wierd code thing? it for whatever reason doesn't work for me.

if it was downloaded the same way as the WoT common test it would be great but the code thing of the WoWs public test.

pls help!

Wargaming Game Center, there's an option to download other clients, download there the PTS client.

Players
366 posts
8 hours ago, SplashyMcSplashFace said:

pls help!

Don't download through steam others say it don't work there.

[SKANE]
Players
1 post
788 battles

When I reset a tree, I don't seem to get any more research points, it doesn't go up from 1000.

Any ideas?

Players
40 posts
On 8/1/2019 at 3:50 PM, nextoops said:

regards  nextoops

Same here, it was impossible, and this is the 3rd PT in wich this happens: not enough players to play Ranked Battles. I give up, WG made it on purpose so they don´t have to give the prizes.

[MBK-1]
Players
10 posts
3,915 battles

If you are implementig AA Sector in this state, you are ruining the whole CV rework. AA is now so strong, there will be no one willing to play CVs any more...

• Cool 2

Players
366 posts
7 hours ago, Bokusatsu_Tenshi said:

Same here, it was impossible, and this is the 3rd PT in wich this happens: not enough players to play Ranked Battles. I give up, WG made it on purpose so they don´t have to give the prizes.

Hi all.

Same thing here not enough players to play most battles ether i end up playing Co-op and they also want us to play the French DD line but they are not usable and no way to buy them that is if i could, i won't.

There's also always missions in the test that you can't play to win as have to buy a ship to win the same ship you just brought, like the mission where you can only use one of three French DD's  and as above no way to buy them as the are in CC test only till next patch update then we get to test them before they go into main game.

No only a lack of players in the PTS, WG is slowly making the game less enjoyable I use to look forward to the PTS now i can't be bothered.

[COUGH]
Players
21 posts
12,568 battles

I have not been able to use the public test since the new "unified" client. Used to play regularly - just hit the short cut, but now I cannot register because I already have a PT account, and I cannot cut and past the zillion digit code. WHY NOT JUST HAVE A BUTTON ON THE CLIENT!

If you check above a lot of people are having trouble with this ridiculous system. If you want people to PT, then YOU have to make access simple and faultless.

• Cool 1

Players
2,109 posts
15,284 battles

No matter how much you fiddle with the AA details, the fact remains that there is little to no skill involved. A sterile mechanic like that is the opposite of fun & engaging. Its only purpose is to lessen the fun-sucking carried out by the CVs.

It remains my considered opinion Wargaming should stop wasting efforts on that class to please a tiny, tiny minority of players when it runs counter to the complete core concept of the game and is despised to a smaller or larger degree by the vast majority. They could remain in the game in the form of bots that appear at random in Random battles, much like the storms. I wager they would be much more popular in that form than storms.

WG could even go one step further and make it more likely for air support to arrive for the team that has taken a few bad trades and would as such usually be at a disadvantage. As we all know, even a small disadvantage tends to snowball out of control quickly in this game. WG has already tried mechanics that countered the snowballing effect to a degree, in the third Halloween event, when the ships on the team that suffered a loss gained strength in some form or another. This would surely turn around the CVs' approval rating over night.

• Cool 1

[RAW]
[RAW]
Beta Tester
24 posts
1,703 battles

Did i miss something or does the Hakuryu still have only two torpedo bombers per attack, while the t8 CV gets the much needed third plane?