Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Myrmidon19

Clan Battles - Noob in a theoretical sense

3 comments in this topic

Question

[NORKS]
Players
91 posts

So they've just opened apparently and I'm wondering if I want to get in on the action. I did recently join a clan but the group chat is a bit quiet, I'm going to talk more with my friend that got me in hopefully tomorrow but in the mean time I'm basically wondering a few things:

How does it work? Is it literally clans vs. clans? Because some clans will be bigger than others, some will have more or less people free. I've heard the divisions are still 3-man so is it a 3 vs 3? Or is it 3 vs 3 and the rest of the people are randoms or bots? Or is it perhaps like you can both have x-number of clan members per side but you need to divide yourself into multiple 3-man divisions per side?

I understand you can earn rewards and go up in ranks and certain ranks are irrevocable. This sounds fairly self-explanatory but it does literally mean once this rank is attained you can't lose it or drop lower? I.e. it is irrevocable with no loophole or unmentioned caveats?

Is it always locked to tier-9+ ships? As I said I'm fairly new and a lot of people told me a while back it was tier-8 plus. I basically don't have any T9 currently, only a single T8 ship my CV Lexington.

Any insights much appreciated there's not much information ingame or on the wiki regarding the above.

2 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
2,021 posts
14,974 battles

2 hours ago, Myrmidon19 said:

How does it work? Is it literally clans vs. clans? Because some clans will be bigger than others, some will have more or less people free. I've heard the divisions are still 3-man so is it a 3 vs 3? Or is it 3 vs 3 and the rest of the people are randoms or bots? Or is it perhaps like you can both have x-number of clan members per side but you need to divide yourself into multiple 3-man divisions per side?

The current season is teams of 6 whose members are from the same clan. There are no divisions. You must field a team of 6 and they must be from the same clan.

I understand you can earn rewards and go up in ranks and certain ranks are irrevocable. This sounds fairly self-explanatory but it does literally mean once this rank is attained you can't lose it or drop lower? I.e. it is irrevocable with no loophole or unmentioned caveats?

CBs work by assigning the clan a numerical rating (the clan can have two separate ratings and the highest is represented) and you earn points with wins and lose points with losses. Enough points activates a promotion series of games and enough wins will promote that rating into the next league. None of this is irrevocable, you can lose enough games to drop right back to the very bottom of the lowest league.

Is it always locked to tier-9+ ships? As I said I'm fairly new and a lot of people told me a while back it was tier-8 plus. I basically don't have any T9 currently, only a single T8 ship my CV Lexington.

The most recent seasons were playing with T10 ships but this season features T8 ships. Teams are limited to 1 BB. CVs are not allowed.

It sounds to me like you have mistaken some information relevant to ranked (tier 9 ships and irrevocable ranks) and ranked sprint (queuing with divisions) with details specific to Clan Battles.

Rather than repeating information I'll just provide you a link to the article for the current season of Clan Battles;

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/cvc-6/

[CATS]
Players
32,413 posts
16,212 battles

There is an article about that. You could read it.

Battles are 6v6 and you need a clan member with a high rank to open the division.

Sign in to follow this