Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bayla450

Grinding tokens for T9 French Destroyer? Not happening WG

104 comments in this topic

[H-M-S]
Players
12 posts
11,314 battles

Ok I have quite a lot of Tier 10 to 8 ...... Calculation shows I would still need 3 of the french destroyers to drop in containers and to get the Siroco in the final week to grind enough tokens...... So far the T5 dd has dropped which is exactly what happened in the Russian BB event.. So whats the chances of the next 2 dds dropping ??? Not got great expectations so not interested until that happens.... 

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
602 posts
4,923 battles

Yhea the snowflake republic tokens feel like a massive let-down.

Even if you have a huge harbour, the tokens you can collect via the snowflakes are no where near enough to get you anything nice.

The RNG or money based destroyers give you 250 tokes .... which is more then 16 tier 9 or 10 ships worth of snowflake tokens.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,697 posts
14,310 battles

Getting stuff for playing is not nice?

Maybe you should ask WG to stop giving you stuff as it only frustrates you.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

Players
2,385 posts
15,452 battles
21 minutes ago, Hummus said:

Yhea the snowflake republic tokens feel like a massive let-down.

(...)

"Cornflake" fits better. Otherwise we are down to yellow snow, so... :Smile_trollface:

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
602 posts
4,923 battles
34 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Well that's kinda the problem .... I'm not actually getting anything for playing.

It sounds like I'll be getting things .... But for a casual like me it turns out the whole snowflake thing is giant let-down. Which is a pity since the actual snowflake thing was great.

I have pretty big harbour. But don't play much ( having a job and all) and the time that I do play I focus on clan wars or the directives thing.

So even if I focus on this event, and go PvE cornflake hunting, I'll be collecting 300 republic tokes at most from my harbour....  which isn't even close to the 1400 you need to get all 4 packages.

The whole republic tokes is a dud if you're not willing to spend cash.

Sure the coal and credits you get from the packages is nice... but I need to get a lucky boat mission to eve get the 2nd package. And I have 6 tier 10's in my harbour ... people who have less ships can't even get that.

• Cool 9

Players
10,017 posts
11,809 battles
8 minutes ago, Hummus said:

The whole republic tokes is a dud if you're not willing to spend cash.

Sure the coal and credits you get from the packages is nice... but I need to get a lucky boat mission to eve get the 2nd package. And I have 6 tier 10's in my harbour ... people who have less ships can't even get that.

Well, in case you haven't noticed, Wargaming is increasingly desperate for money, hence "grind your soul or grind your wallet" events as of late.

• Cool 9

Players
2,791 posts
19,103 battles
41 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You can get lice for free too :D

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[-TPF-]
Players
3,907 posts
16,096 battles

Why are you spending money to unlock silver ships? Surely unlocking a Tier VI or VII without needing to spend Free XP is enough of a bonus?

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,697 posts
14,310 battles
17 minutes ago, Hummus said:

Well that's kinda the problem .... I'm not actually getting anything for playing.

It sounds like I'll be getting things .... But for a casual like me it turns out the whole snowflake thing is giant let-down. Which is a pity since the actual snowflake thing was great.

I have pretty big harbour. But don't play much ( having a job and all) and the time that I do play I focus on clan wars or the directives thing.

You get no stuff from Clan Wars or Directives (apart from the fact that Tokens and Coal are AUTOMATIC when you play for Directives...)?

• Cool 1

[-LA-]
Players
676 posts
5,061 battles

2 directives in got a few k coal some credits help offset the nothing of use i got from the dubs i wasted , really a container that turns 750 dubs into 150 dubs , awesome thanks for that!

i get the idea its good to get something for nothing but looking at the event and its psychology cant help but think its just a hook to get you spending on gambling style mechanics.

• Cool 5

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,937 battles
6 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Why are you spending money to unlock silver ships? Surely unlocking a Tier VI or VII without needing to spend Free XP is enough of a bonus?

This.

Pay if you want early access, if you don't pay you can wait for the line launch. Simples!

• Cool 1

Players
2,791 posts
19,103 battles
2 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

2 directives in got a few k coal some credits help offset the nothing of use i got from the dubs i wasted , really a container that turns 750 dubs into 150 dubs , awesome thanks for that!

i get teh idea its good to get something for nothing but looking at the event and its psychology cant help but think its just a hook to get you spending on gampling style mechanics.

It totally is.

• Cool 1

Players
1,401 posts
14,574 battles

@Bayla450 I got 1120 tokens from my ships and got T5 and t6 from free crates in the first 4 days... With Sirocco I will have enough tokens to get even T8 perma camo.

So it's very doable if you have reasonable port size. 

• Cool 1

[-LA-]
Players
676 posts
5,061 battles
53 minutes ago, Episparh said:

@Bayla450 I got 1120 tokens from my ships and got T5 and t6 from free crates in the first 4 days... With Sirocco I will have enough tokens to get even T8 perma camo.

So it's very doable if you have reasonable port size. 

well i guess reasonable is a subjective term , it sounds like you have over 100 prems /t8+ regulars. but still the luck component and im guessing we got the same number of crates as they were the free ones you were lucky and got 2 ships i got zero , then like a fool i wasted money chasing it and got zero from them to.

its definitely doable , but its not fair , its not honest and its predatory . 

• Cool 3

[TEC]
Beta Tester
199 posts
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Well, in case you haven't noticed, Wargaming is increasingly desperate for money, hence "grind your soul or grind your wallet" events as of late.

Indeed.

WOWS and WOT have both moved into the 'monetizing the player base as much as possible' phase of their respective life cycles. You would be wise to read carefully (the fine print) whenever WG does these events from now on.

I never ever buy these random event premium containers, I have an annual max budget of €50-60 to spend on WOT and WOWS content combined and I always spend at least two thirds of that during the Christmas events.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,697 posts
14,310 battles
27 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

Its definitely doable , but its not fair , its not honest and its predatory . 

If somebody wins the lottery and you not, is that unfair? Is that your understanding of fairness?

• Cool 1

[AMOK]
Players
1,961 posts
8,591 battles
Vor 41 Minuten, Padds01 sagte:

then like a fool i wasted money chasing it and got zero from them to.

I guess thats the painful lesson every "new" player has to learn. This loot box system is scum.

And as long as it has no protective mechanisms and no control of age and so on it should be forbidden.

Besides that i wonder how WG managed to get people triggered spending money on early access. Just wait 2 updates.

• Cool 2

Players
1,401 posts
14,574 battles

Yeah, it's fair. Everyone have access to equal number of crates and symbols - where one can claim them or not is other thing. Having luck or lack of it is third thing but it's still fair as long as we have equal chance. 

It's a gamble - you risk something in hope of reward. It's very subjective is it worth or not, the problem is that some people may have a desease called gambling addiction and there should be something to protect those individuals. 

More transperancy on what is the chance and how exactly it works could just clarify things and make WeeGee looking better in their customers' eyes. 

[AMOK]
Players
1,961 posts
8,591 battles
Vor 19 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

If somebody wins the lottery and you not, is that unfair? Is that your understanding of fairness?

Besides lotterys are silly too, they are (some of them) controlled and regulated and i know it's more likely to be struck by lightning than winning a jackpot. WGs system is completely hidden in the fog.

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,346 posts
25,661 battles
2 hours ago, Hummus said:

But don't play much ( having a job and all) and the time that I do play I focus on clan wars or the directives thing.

So even if I focus on this event, and go PvE cornflake hunting, I'll be collecting 300 republic tokes at most from my harbour.... 

2 hours ago, Hummus said:

Sure the coal and credits you get from the packages is nice... but I need to get a lucky boat mission to eve get the 2nd package.

You dont play much, you dont get much. 

Sounds pretty fair to me. What is the problem again? Is it that you play so little that you cant wait few weeks when all these DD-s are in tech tree?

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,697 posts
14,310 battles
6 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

Besides lotterys are silly too, they are (some of them) controlled and regulated and i know it's more likely to be struck by lightning than winning a jackpot. WGs system is completely hidden in the fog.

That does not make it unfair...

Expensive? Yes.

Greedy? Perhaps.

Unfair? No.

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,246 battles

To those who say that this is unfair or that you don't get anything: I must beg to differ.

844318180_2019-07-31(15).thumb.png.bb1e1112ac8405e1f7036f90920deca9.png

You get what you put in, wether it's money or time. If you do nothing, you get nothing. If you have something better to do? Do that then.

Screenshot from this site: https://frenchwhaling.in.fkn.space/

• Cool 3

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
602 posts
4,923 battles
12 minutes ago, Profilus said:

You dont play much, you dont get much. 

Sounds pretty fair to me. What is the problem again? Is it that you play so little that you cant wait few weeks when all these DD-s are in tech tree?

I wasn't talking about unfair. And neither is the OP.....

All I said was that the whole thing feels like a let-down.

I'm not angry ... I'm disappointed.

I remember the original snowflake event as a great thing. I got to play ship that normally are left gathering dust for meaningful rewards.

The current republic tokens are next to meaningless since you'll need to collect huge amounts for them to be useful. 

For me this event goes like this:

Either I get lucky in the containers and can claim packages.

Or I don't get lucky and can claim only one package.     And that's while having a pretty big harbour.

• Cool 2

[KTS]
Players
359 posts
5,937 battles

Guys, you have to realize that the prize is the early access to silver ships that will be available to all in the next update like all other silver lines. This is not a tier 9 premium dd like Benham that could not be available anymore (of course it will, we are talking about wg) so if u want it you have to grind like mad or pay 200 euros, or something in between. If u don't want or don't have enough ships, you will only have to wait. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,697 posts
14,310 battles
41 minutes ago, Hummus said:

I wasn't talking about unfair. And neither is the OP.....

All I said was that the whole thing feels like a let-down.

I'm not angry ... I'm disappointed.

I remember the original snowflake event as a great thing. I got to play ship that normally are left gathering dust for meaningful rewards.

The current republic tokens are next to meaningless since you'll need to collect huge amounts for them to be useful. 

For me this event goes like this:

Either I get lucky in the containers and can claim packages.

Or I don't get lucky and can claim only one package.     And that's while having a pretty big harbour.

• the first package costs 250-300 Token
  • you can also buy perma camos which cost normally 1000 Doubloons or more
  • you also focus on Coal and not on Tokens
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this