Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear__Necessities

What is your fav class to play and why?

81 comments in this topic

Players
3,380 posts
14,110 battles

Just a little thread to see why people have preferred classes and what draws them to it.

I’ll start. 

DD’s. Like the different styles they offer from stealth boat. Gunboat. And Hybrid. All offered by one class. I like the knife fights against other DD’s. Contesting over key areas and caps. Like that potentially I hold the most influence in a game and that being good and learning the class rewards you. I like the feeling of surviving against good cruiser players and CV’s, feels rewarding.

Ohhhh, and sinking useless BB players is also pretty funny. Always funny.

• Cool 7

Players
7,111 posts
245 battles

For me its a mixture of BB's and Cruisers mostly Heavy Cruisers.

i just like the playstyles both have to offer and the damage output and also the kills that you can get are gud as well.

also even though they are easy to play they are hard to master and despite this BB's are actually on of the worst performing classes i've played in relation to my stats (so basically BB's have the lowest PR in my stats atm).

for heavy cruisers i like the punchy guns general manuveroubility (can't spell it halp) and decent flanking opportunities.

I seem to play ships that squishier than others like french BB's, British BB's and miss georgia who can't really take hits for long and actually benefit from flanking more and ambush tactics rather than just simply sitting bow in and being set on fire.

well for British BB's with the superheal you could tank i surposse.

I also seem to gravitate towards more support roles but i can carry if peeps want/need meh too.

0 posts

DD's also - although for me it's mostly because I do least poorly in them (excluding BB's which whilst I enjoy, they tend to be a bit less dynamic)!:Smile_hiding: And they are very dynamic play-style/variety wise.

Players
2,876 posts
19,240 battles

For me it's DD's. They are a great combination of layed back gaming and action, but what I love most is that I get to dictate on what ground and at which moment encounters take place. I like to be the puppy that doesn't care about your size.

• Cool 3

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,927 posts
19,753 battles

CVs.

Because tears are delicious. :Smile_trollface:

(In all honesty it's probably cruisers, but my desire to pitch them against the glorious BB masterrace wanes every day.)

• Cool 2

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
14,678 battles

I like all classes, but Battle Cruisers have special place in my heart. My first ever premium, excluding ARP, was Graf Spee from a free grind event and oh boy, she was entirely different beast at that time. Now I have newer and more shiny CBs and I like them all(even the Azuma which requires specuUl treatment) but in general I enjoy all classes CVs,DDs, BBs and CAs. 

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one."

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,325 battles

Anything but CV.

No hate, I just don't like to play them.

But I like to "Mix it up" play different ships in different ways and with 241 ships in port I have plenty of chances to do so.

• Cool 5

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,444 posts

Has been BBs since closed beta for me. I like the relatively slow paced playstyle, although it has gotten more boring over the years where you don't really have to plan your moves and positioning ahead of time anymore.

Still I like them best. I can't handle the fast paced dynamic DD playstyle. I'm more the :cat_cool: instead of the :fish_nerv:

I can do ok in the lower tiers, but I don't dare venture into radar realms.

Fits my IRL personality of being a calm and down to earth guy. Usually... Doesn't mean I don't like dynamic BB play though, everything is relative. I usually go secondary build if it's viable because I like the 'shove the ship down their throat' playstyle of getting close and blowing stuff out of the water. I like playing Mikasa, Katori and Arkansas, so I don't mind slow ships, but I can't camp, and bowtanking is not the thing I like doing, so I tend to flank and be nible (well... nimble in BBs.... you get what I mean :Smile_smile:)

Also: size matters :Smile_trollface:

Other things I like are the gun-riddled low tier armored cruisers. I have a few higher tier cruisers, and like to play them on occasions too (really liked rental Hindy in clan battles), but I always get annoyed really quickly when I get deleted by BBs. Yes, I'm also a massive hypocrite :cap_cool:

As for CVs... I played them during closed beta and swore to never touch them again. Tried them again on the test server when the rework came, and upheld my promise. If I want to fly planes, I'll just play Warplanes tyvm. Yes, I'm one of the ten people in the world that still play Planes on occasion :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,520 battles

Math class. Because it is almost like solving puzzles. I feel rewarded when I wrap my head around something and solve it. 

Oh, you were talking about WoWs.  :Smile_hiding:

Cruisers, because they can do a bit of everything and I like to play the supporting role.  

[SHEN]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
2,412 posts
13,941 battles

Stalingrad (what It's not a class ? :Smile_trollface: )

I like the BB class and punish the regular Kevin staying Broadside :cap_popcorn:

And I like the Radar Cruiser for the impact whe can have on game. So the Stalin is the better on 2 class on the same ship.

• Funny 1

Players
1,285 posts
7,095 battles

Cruisers for me I think. As long as I don't eat random citadels. I actually plan to buy back some cruisers to work on my red stats that I got as a newbie.

I get the impression that my playstyle has changed since I returned from a 2-month or so break. I fail to hit anything in American battleships now, while they were my favourite BB's before, but the last games in Japanese battleships and cruisers give me hope. Destroyers, well, I used to be a DD main, but they're often hit-or-miss. I fail to do lots of damage by guns alone, and torps are often situational (if you predict a ship to turn and launch your torps, he'll sail in a straight line). And spotting or capping isn't rewarded that well. I liked the old carriers (though haven't played them a lot), the new carriers are not fun to me.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,877 posts
9,003 battles

Cruisers, because they are the most reliable class imo. BBs have Dispersion, DDs have torps, both rely on being a bit lucky to get the perfect hit. With Cruisers you know what you are getting into, you need more skill but less luck :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,585 posts
24,860 battles
25 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Cruisers, because I'm a masochist.

What he said :cap_haloween:

Additionally I aim for :etc_swear: do I can dakka away untill I eventually hit something... :Smile_trollface:

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,472 battles

DD

And you all know why. You all try to kill it as fast as possible....

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,097 battles

In a division I prefer bb as I hate sitting there watching the screen with nothing to do

When I solo play its more dd and cruiser

I also play some cv to know how to counter play them in other classes but cvs soon get boring nowadays 

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,203 battles

I am great fan of CV's. I do love them. I am not playing them as I am worse than a garbage, and I am not often willing to mess up life of other players.

Gearing is my next favorite class. Other DDs are different, and I am not in great favor of this kind of different.

I do play everything as you know, each ship has its uses.

[AMOK]
Players
1,964 posts
8,614 battles

It depends on my mood which class i like to play. In general, my preference for classes contradicts my success with them. :Smile_veryhappy:

Absolute favourite are Cruisers. Most challenging, most versatile, most rewarding (for me). Mostly CA with good AP cause punishing broadsides is best :Smile_trollface:

BBs are following with a distance but if dispersion doesn't let you down you can teach unexperienced CA/CL players what they shouldn't do. Priceless.

DDs kind of being last since i am not that good at gunboating and torp boats are very situational. Kinda like hybrids.

Am i missing something? No that are all classes that matter :Smile_trollface:

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

DDs - most dynamic play, but frustrating many times, especially with 4 radars and double cvs :)

P.S.

@Bear_Necessities with pool it would be easier to follow progress :)

[MORIA]
Players
7,350 posts
36,697 battles
20 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I am great fan of CV's. I do love them. I am not playing them as I am worse than a garbage

How can you love them but not play them? Get some practice on co-op then.