You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sgtmarple

Tier V - VII DD infestation

119 comments in this topic

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles

Right now Tier V- VII is barely playable as a BB. The last 10 matches I had 4 DDs in everyone of them. In the last 20 at least 3DDs in every game. Barely any CVs. Maybe one or two matches with Cvs.

The problem is 4 DD games the DD is pretty much the win/loose factor. If seen 3 Green DDs get killed within the first 4 Minutes which is pretty much game over. No other class, not even Cvs have such a huge impact on a game like DDs. in Tier 5-7. Radar is none excistend (think only the Atlanta has Radar). Its a little better when you are bottom tier as a VII but then again you botttom tier. Hydro Ships are not matched with the same amount of Dds and is hardly a counter against DDs, so all you can do is to pray that green DDs don't potato.

I'm not writing this only for BBs but also for DDs. V-VII is still well into the learning curve and putting so much pressure on DD players isn't fair. They get a lot of abuse when they die within the first 5 minutes and the rest of the team is kinda screwed. I've seen games turn arround after green lost alot more of CA and BBs, never one where green looses all or most DDs.

I think there should be a hard cap on DDs in Tier V- VII games, just like with CVs. 3 DDs is the max  manageable , 4 is really too much. Tier VIII - X that is a different ball game anyway, especially with Radar aviable but in Tier V-VII games the high amount of DDs stops the flow of the game.

Teams just stop after they lost 3/4 of their DDs. They just get to the next cozy Island and just pray not getting flanked, if that happends within the first 5 minutes it makes for a very frustrating game expierence, especially as a BB.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 15
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 3

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles

5/2/5 ??

I don't think "get used to it" is the answer. I didn't notice you saying it when DDs cried all over the place because of CVs :cat_bubble:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,069 battles

Happens every time a new line comes out 

As for too many dds lol most games it's 5 bbs so how you think cruiser players feel

• Cool 17
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,776 posts
16,839 battles
3 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

5/2/5 ??

A lot of games will be 5 BB / 2 CA / 5 DD once CVs have dwindled to their old anaemic numbers, so you better get used seeing 4 to 5 DD every game.

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,797 posts
8,977 battles
1 minute ago, beercrazy said:

As for too many dds lol most games it's 5 bbs so how you think cruiser players feel

Cruisers are the wetwipe for everyone, so noone cares about them :Smile_sad:

1 minute ago, sgtmarple said:

5/2/5 ??

BB/CA/DD

More BBs (because russian biasboats) = more DDs also which will farm the BBs.

BBs are the ones needed to be capped at 3. Then we potentially could have more Cruisers in the game, which would also make it harder for DDs. And game would be more enjoyable imo.

• Cool 20

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,069 battles

It's the extra French dds making up the numbers ie 1 to 2 each side

Also the nerfing of cvs has made dds more playable to a degree 

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,904 posts
16,083 battles
2 minutes ago, beercrazy said:

Also the nerfing of cvs has made dds more playable to a degree 

Certainly has. Took my TRB Monaghan out for a spin today, the enemy Ranger went after me the entire game and lost 15-0. God alone knows what would have happened if I'd had DFAA.

13 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

I'm not writing this only for BBs but also for DDs. V-VII is still well into the learning curve and putting so much pressure on DD players isn't fair.

A lot of the DDs are people taking their new Frenchies out for a spin. And so they should, it's been Russian Battleship month for too long.

• Cool 5

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,776 posts
16,839 battles

Teams just stop after they lost 3/4 of their DDs.

Spotting is life (for your team), spotting is death (for the enemy). Once the eyes and ears of your team are gone you can usually fold.

However I agree there should be a mandatory "how to not die in the first 3 to 5 minutes in any given match" tutorial (and not only for DD).

• Cool 2

Players
2,916 posts
16,585 battles

Good to see DD numbers getting back to normal, even in the high tiers. 

Teams just stop after they lost 3/4 of their DDs. They just get to the next cozy Island and just pray not getting flanked, if that happends within the first 5 minutes it makes for a very frustrating game expierence, especially as a BB.

There's the mistake. WASD.exe is your friend. Sure its frustrating, but half the time the enemy DDs will [edited]up and let themselves get spotted. BOOM.

Remember a glorious battle in my NC back in vanille Islands of Ice, torpedobeating vs 2 shimas and eventually killing one after dodging several volleys of torps and he fucked up (game ended).

• Cool 1

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles

WASD is only possible if I know where one DD is and yes I've hunted down one DD with my Normadie and Lyon. One DD is a challenge not a problem. Four is , especially  when your four DDs died in the first 5 Minutes. DDs are too powerfull to be lost or used as learning ships. They mess up everyone else game. And CA, well most maps have a crap ton of Islands , most CA I kill on my Lyon just sail broadside on open water. Other than that you just simply don't really one shot them. BBs are easy prey for any DD, either flank and torp or smoke and burn till kingdom or, just keep them spottet. Seriously, I'm more happy and confortable in a 2 CV game than in a 4 DD game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,904 posts
16,083 battles
Just now, sgtmarple said:

Seriously, I'm more happy and confortable in a 2 CV game than in a 4 DD game.

Best play them yourself, if you're unhappy with the standard of play in Randoms.

• Cool 1

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles
Vor 18 Minuten, invicta2012 sagte:

Certainly has. Took my TRB Monaghan out for a spin today, the enemy Ranger went after me the entire game and lost 15-0. God alone knows what would have happened if I'd had DFAA.

A lot of the DDs are people taking their new Frenchies out for a spin. And so they should, it's been Russian Battleship month for too long.

That might have been me. I took my Ranger out for a spin and did what any good CV should do hunt the DD. I chased a Monaghan and missed a couple of rocket shots, since you have to start the attack run blind otherwise you overshoot. On the third attack I hit with 6 Rockets and did 927 damage, that is where I said, [edited]it and switched to Bombs to farm damage. But CVs are fine , spreadsheets say so.

• Boring 1

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, invicta2012 sagte:

Best play them yourself, if you're unhappy with the standard of play in Randoms.

No, can't beat them join them is not the answer. I just don't enjoy DDs.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,804 posts
17,897 battles
37 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

I think there should be a hard cap on DDs in Tier V- VII games, just like with CVs. 3 DDs is the max  manageable , 4 is really too much. Tier VIII - X that is a different ball game anyway, especially with Radar aviable but in Tier V-VII games the high amount of DDs stops the flow of the game.

Yes please ... the less DDs the better ... :Smile_hiding:

[BODEM]
Players
773 posts
6,944 battles

CL/CA bitching about BBs, CVs bitching about CL/CAs, DDs bitching about CVs were last months....aaaaaaand we are back at BBs bitching about DDs again. Just a recurring vicious circle thing WoWs got going.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
2,249 posts
20,522 battles

The only problem I'm having with that is that the ones on my teams either die very quickly or abandon me on some far-out-on-the-flank spawning position while I'm grinding the modules on my brand spanking new Vlad for tomorrow.

• Funny 1

Players
3,371 posts
14,090 battles

It’s great fun farming potato’s in my DD’s. Long may it continue. Just another BB moan thread at the end of the day.

• Cool 8

Players
8,162 posts
9,009 battles

4 DDs in a game? Oh my god, how to deal with that? I guess the same way cruisers deal with the frequent 5 BBs per team for years now.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles

@sgtmarple man your post is :etc_swear:

replace BB by CA/CL and DD by BB in your original post.

That sums up pretty much the feeling of cruisers for the past 3 years.

So sorry, but not sorry.

4 DDs? Deal with it.

• Cool 17

[CATS]
Players
26,667 posts
14,305 battles
5 hours ago, sgtmarple said:

Right now Tier V- VII is barely playable as a BB. The last 10 matches I had 4 DDs in everyone of them. In the last 20 at least 3DDs in every game. Barely any CVs. Maybe one or two matches with Cvs.

The problem is 4 DD games the DD is pretty much the win/loose factor. If seen 3 Green DDs get killed within the first 4 Minutes which is pretty much game over. No other class, not even Cvs have such a huge impact on a game like DDs. in Tier 5-7. Radar is none excistend (think only the Atlanta has Radar). Its a little better when you are bottom tier as a VII but then again you botttom tier. Hydro Ships are not matched with the same amount of Dds and is hardly a counter against DDs, so all you can do is to pray that green DDs don't potato.

I'm not writing this only for BBs but also for DDs. V-VII is still well into the learning curve and putting so much pressure on DD players isn't fair. They get a lot of abuse when they die within the first 5 minutes and the rest of the team is kinda screwed. I've seen games turn arround after green lost alot more of CA and BBs, never one where green looses all or most DDs.

This game is obviously not for you, if you have to whine this much.

Other people are fine in these battles.

• Cool 3

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
5 hours ago, sgtmarple said:

BBs are easy prey for any DD, either flank and torp or smoke and burn till kingdom or, just keep them spottet.

So just start playing DD and You will see how "easy" it is. Especially that You must first cope with enemy DD, watching to not be smashed by enemy cruisers and only then You would have possible shots on BB. Many times even beeing 1 vs 1, when BB is changing his course and speed frequently, You can's land a single torp. And remebering that Your main goal is cap contesting/spotting/killing enemy DD, not BB hunting at map border.

Try it and You will realize soon, that succesful DD playing is one of the hardest thing in that game. When I look at my stats I see often (with a few exceptions), that best BB do even 2x more DMG then so "overpowered" DD ;-).

ex. VII tier

image.thumb.png.4f33c0d327430603bf3a13c41b87ab3d.png

image.thumb.png.9210883e6ff0802e9309f3bc70941e3a.png

Leningrad can't even do the same average like my worst BB of VII - Gneisenau. Why ? Becouse one mistake and You are dead ..

image.thumb.png.b6cdad0b16a4e6876ac8a8fcbd479854.png

• Cool 7

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,220 battles

I can clearly see that you weren't around when the german BBs were released back in 2016. There were no "Early access" back then and everybody had to start at T3. The queue was 100+ BBs and every game was max numbers of BBs, a couple of cruisers that died pretty quick and a couple of DDs that farmed like it was no tomorrow.

This happens every time a new line or tree is released. It will blow over and happen again next time when the italian cruiser arrive. We can't blame WG for it either since it's the behavior of the playerbase that makes situations like these.

UltimateGenerousIchneumonfly-size_restricted.gif.3fc5071ec5cf2f8d03f333a685fa5de7.gif

There is only one solution that's viable:

410743022_improviseadaptovercome.jpg.96359eb4ff0972e809131c6275a91153.jpg

It's a changing game and that's a part of what makes it so fun.

• Cool 5