Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tobbeb17

hey can you convert steel to coal?

18 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Players
9,876 posts
9,003 battles

Its automatically done once you have enough coal + steel to buy the thing you want. You only have 150k Coal if you would convert your steel, so you still lack 36000 to get the Yoshino.

However, you should reconsider converting steel. Its harder to get than Coal, and you might regret it at some point.

• Cool 3

[BAD-A]
Players
199 posts
26,863 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

yes

when you buy stuff

Hmm the problem here is that he doesnt have enough steel to buy the coal otherwise the game would prompt it

lol ninjaed

[-TPF-]
Players
3,929 posts
16,182 battles

If it's what you want, buy it. I did this for a Musashi, was never going to have enough steel for anything else (don't play Clan battles, etc).

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Save the steel, grind the coal is the best advice i can give you, you never know when you rank out and get enough steel for a ship :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Players
1,728 posts
18,638 battles

Yes it will let you convert steel into coal when you try to buy it (at least as long as you have enough) but be sure that your happy to convert steel into coal it's a lot easier to get coal after all. 

[DONLY]
Players
141 posts
2,721 battles
2 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

the worst thing to do - change steel to coal to buy yoshino while you have hidden stats

Do you want a "You are so great!" card because you have a good win rate? Let people hide it if they want. Dont attack them just "because". You can also attack me if you want. Dude... the winrate is worth nothing in terms of that topic! Let people buy what they want. Deal with it...

@Topic:

Dont do it. You can get Coal pretty fast and the Yoshi is the newest ship so she will be here for a while.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,350 posts
36,697 battles
8 hours ago, Gong_ER said:

Nooooo. Save your steel mate. :cap_fainting:

Some people don't play CV and have some steel from the ranked. Playing jest ranked means you need 1.5-2 years to gather enough steel to get Black or Neustrashimy by coupon. Even getting every time 1st rank. So most give up. 

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,076 posts
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Playing jest ranked means you need 1.5-2 years to gather enough steel to get Black or Neustrashimy by coupon. Even getting every time 1st rank.

rank 1 gives 5.500 steel, Black with coupon is 10.500 steel, Neustrashimy with coupon is 15.573 steel. So you need only two rank 1 for Black or three for Neustrashimy...

[MORIA]
Players
7,350 posts
36,697 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

rank 1 gives 5.500 steel, Black with coupon is 10.500 steel, Neustrashimy with coupon is 15.573 steel. So you need only two rank 1 for Black or three for Neustrashimy...

So you need almost a year for the Black and 1 year to the Neustrashimy. Cause we have also CB. This is at the best scenario, since most of the players don't get into rank 1 I'm assuming it'll take much more time for them to get them - the thing that discourage them. Plus many players on server don't like/don't know how to play DDs. And because WG did release 2 ships for coal in close time (a BB and CB), they have more chance to get them, though they don't have so much coal.  To get a steel BB (Bourgogne) they would need another 1-1.5 years to get it. Which is about 1.5 year (at best assumptions getting rank 1 every time) or even 3 years playing more casual on ranked..... That's way too long. 

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,201 battles

Taking under consideration ideas from WG, we already could "buy" steel in form of a campaign. I would assume it will happen again.

Just keep your steel as it is a resource that cannot be obtained reliably from any source.

• Cool 1

Players
2,385 posts
15,544 battles
14 hours ago, tobbeb17 said:

hey can you convert steel to coal?

You are still short 4k steel to do that.

BTW it is like bying credits for doubloons... There is no point in doing so.

Coal is easily acquirable, steel not really.

0 posts
15 hours ago, tobbeb17 said:

hey can you convert steel to coal?

Yes

But don't.

I did to get me Musashi (which was getting struck off the armoury) and I've regretted it ever since. I had enough time to get coal to get it anyway, and the 1k steel I used has meant I'm short of having enough steel to get Black in time for this ranked season. DONT DO IT :Smile_honoring:

[MORIA]
Players
7,350 posts
36,697 battles
5 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Taking under consideration ideas from WG, we already could "buy" steel in form of a campaign. I would assume it will happen again.

Just keep your steel as it is a resource that cannot be obtained reliably from any source.

Yeah I'm sure they'll do it again at the end of the year. 

Sign in to follow this