Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Myrmidon19

Easy to cheese achievements

8 comments in this topic

Question

[NORKS]
Players
91 posts

So one part of the 2nd stage of the French DD event is earn 5 achievements. I got a 'First Blood' naturally just playing whilst focusing on other directives but I've wondered are there any I could easily cheese as it's quite an arbitrary and annoying objective. So far I've got:-

First Blood - If I charge into a fight head first like a bull and face tank everything.

Close Quarters Expert - Again much like the first. Or deliberately close distance with something I out-health and land the killing shot with secondaries.

Dreadnought - Lots of hit and run skirmishing where I enticingly present my broadside then scuttle away - only to return for more punishment after a cheeky heal...

Obviously I'm capped to 1 of each per day. Any other ideas? I'm not a man that cares much for achievements generally as they're largely meaningless either heavily cheeseable or entirely chance based.

7 answers to this question

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,121 posts
8,691 battles
15 minutes ago, Myrmidon19 said:

That's what I mean. If I decided to get this directive done just via 'Close Quarters Expert' I could, it would be easy, but I'd only be able to tick off one per day. So I could get my 5/5 heroic achievements just by cheesing Close Quarters Expert but I'd have to do it over 5 consecutive days. This in of itself still isn't particularly hard as you can do old directives from previous stages after unlocking the new ones so I'm not as fussed now. Think I'm on 4 now.

Maybe there is something I'm not getting here, but you can get close quarters expert or any other achievement multiple times a day. So if you have a bit of luck or play well you can get the directive done in just 1 gaming session by getting let's say 3 Dreadnoughts, 1 first blood and 1 Close quarters expert in a single day.

[THESO]
Players
579 posts
11,637 battles

You listed most of the common ones. Fireproof is easy to get in the British BB's that have enhanced heal. If you have Nelson for example, just let the fires burn and you can easily print both Dreadnought and Fireproof achievements in any game that's won.

If you play torpedo-oriented DD's, Devastating Strike is pretty common when contesting caps and launching walls of skill at enemy DD's. You can easily get it with one torpedo hit. 

...but both of these are really results of normal, smart, game-winning play. Same goes for the others that are common for me, such as Confederate and High Caliber. Confederate is particularly common with the reworked CV's, since they can deal good damage and it's delivered across the map.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,529 posts
13,822 battles
1 hour ago, asalonen said:

If you have Nelson for example, just let the fires burn and you can easily print both Dreadnought and Fireproof achievements in any game that's won.

Provided you survive the battle.

Dev strikes against DDs is quite a good one though, and even if you [edited]up with some DD vs DD torping and die, you can get dev strike and flesh wound if you secure a kill after dying.

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

"It's just a fresh wound" is my favorite. Usually with CAs.

Just go for Kraken. You will probably fail to get it but obtain some other one(s) else instead :)

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,121 posts
8,691 battles

What make you say that achievments are capped? The rewards are limited to 1 per day but you can get achievments in all games.

[NORKS]
Players
91 posts
19 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

What make you say that achievments are capped? The rewards are limited to 1 per day but you can get achievments in all games.

That's what I mean. If I decided to get this directive done just via 'Close Quarters Expert' I could, it would be easy, but I'd only be able to tick off one per day. So I could get my 5/5 heroic achievements just by cheesing Close Quarters Expert but I'd have to do it over 5 consecutive days. This in of itself still isn't particularly hard as you can do old directives from previous stages after unlocking the new ones so I'm not as fussed now. Think I'm on 4 now.

[NORKS]
Players
91 posts
2 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Maybe there is something I'm not getting here, but you can get close quarters expert or any other achievement multiple times a day. So if you have a bit of luck or play well you can get the directive done in just 1 gaming session by getting let's say 3 Dreadnoughts, 1 first blood and 1 Close quarters expert in a single day.

Oh I see now, apologies. I was under the impression some achievements were 1 time only or were capped at being attainable once every 24 hours. If what you say is true then that sounds awesome, I see you're a beta tester with 6300 battles so I'm inclined to believe you, I guess I mis-read.

Sign in to follow this