Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rothesian

Survey

6 comments in this topic

[-LSF-]
Beta Tester
4 posts
5,941 battles

Interesting - asks which part of the UK you live in, and only lists parts of England.

Never heard of Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland???

Players
1 post
2,067 battles

Agree - the people who have designed the survey don't seem to understand that all they have done is listed the regions of ENGLAND and not the United Kingdom.

Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland make up the UK. The survey is going to be a bit skewed in terms of responses from the 'UK' it seems as I can't get past question 3!

[B_S_C]
[B_S_C]
Beta Tester
61 posts
10,723 battles

Yup, Guess the other three nations that make up the UK just aren't important enough to consider.

EDIT: Especially egregious when it's a game about ships and two iconic shipbuilding places are the Clyde and Belfast.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,280 posts
13,751 battles

Hey guys,

This survey is about a potential offline event in the Southern part of England, this is why not the entire UK is listed but regions closer to the potential venues. It helps us to figure out how many people would be roughly willing / able to participate and whether it makes sense to run the event. We have a big heart for the entire UK and I hope this gives you the right context of the survey.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Bad 1

[B_S_C]
[B_S_C]
Beta Tester
61 posts
10,723 battles
34 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Hey guys,

This survey is about a potential offline event in the Southern part of England, this is why not the entire UK is listed but regions closer to the potential venues. It helps us to figure out how many people would be roughly willing / able to participate and whether it makes sense to run the event. We have a big heart for the entire UK and I hope this gives you the right context of the survey.

Greetings, Crysantos

So the survey was badly thought out/worded.  If you only wanted those in england it should have made that clear right at the start not as a surprise at the end that makes those not included fill it out then find out it's meaningless for them. 

Oh by the way where I live it would take me approximately an hour to ninety minutes longer to travel to the south of england compared to someone in the north of england so the distance isn't all that different (in fact there are these regional airports that can speed up travel quite a bit).   In the past I've travelled many times all the way to the south of england for events but they never presumed those not in england wouldn't be interested or capable in going.  For that matter events in the south of the UK often attract a whole lot of people from all across europe in large numbers so are they not in consideration either ?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles
10 minutes ago, vereybowring said:

So the survey was badly thought out/worded.  If you only wanted those in england it should have made that clear right at the start not as a surprise at the end that makes those not included fill it out then find out it's meaningless for them. 

Oh by the way where I live it would take me approximately an hour to ninety minutes longer to travel to the south of england compared to someone in the north of england so the distance isn't all that different (in fact there are these regional airports that can speed up travel quite a bit).   In the past I've travelled many times all the way to the south of england for events but they never presumed those not in england wouldn't be interested or capable in going.  For that matter events in the south of the UK often attract a whole lot of people from all across europe in large numbers so are they not in consideration either ?

It does seem like it could have been worded better, but it is of course not meaningless for you to do anyway.

The part we are really interested in and what we will be basing our event plans on is:

• Would you like to come to an event?
  • Which city would you like to attend an event in?
  • Would you join us in Portsmouth?

Once we have decided where to go, the event is of course also open to ANY player, regardless of where they are from.

Just pick a random area for question one, it really isn't that important :)

Sign in to follow this