You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gianarasps

Carrier gameplay rework the truth

17 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
342 battles

Just got into game after a year almost because my mind wanted to play carriers so i got back and saw that half of my japanese carriers where missing and the carrier gameplay have been changed.Now i dont know who suggested it or who from the community said its a good idea but gj to you thanks to you this game deserves to die, because playing carrier has no point now taking a squadron in the air and see the half of it dying from AA in some seconds and not even hitting it,well love the idea whoever thinked it 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

[UAC]
Players
654 posts
2,214 battles

Well.....what can you do, if you tuned into WoWS just now to play carriers you missed a whole fun during the first half of the year when they were OP and wrecked ever-living crap out of everyone :D

Oh well, you still can, you just have to think and use brain and personally I can't be bothered because the skill/reward ratio is too low :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 4

Players
4 posts
342 battles

Also im not new to the game just wanted to see if this 'free to play' still stands and well when i heard about wows legends i was suprised and i just forgot about it so i come back after 1 year to see the worst carrier gameplay in my life and tried it again and again and it has no point so i am now unistalling this game and never ever touching it again 

[-AP-]
Players
2,361 posts
5,736 battles
4 minutes ago, gianarasps said:

Also im not new to the game just wanted to see if this 'free to play' still stands and well when i heard about wows legends i was suprised and i just forgot about it so i come back after 1 year to see the worst carrier gameplay in my life and tried it again and again and it has no point so i am now unistalling this game and never ever touching it again 

If you want to play with planes, go play war thunder instead, its a much better plane game.

Warships is a game about boats, or atleast its supposed to be.

Players
4 posts
342 battles
Just now, thiextar said:

to play with planes, go play war thunder instead, its a much

Well i agree that its supposed to be about boats but neither war thunder has great naval matches but neither too wows even the boats in this game is just go in mid or somewhere and just fire everything you have one another boat and just do circles firing at another boat and repeat thats the wows

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,361 posts
5,736 battles
8 minutes ago, gianarasps said:

Well i agree that its supposed to be about boats but neither war thunder has great naval matches but neither too wows even the boats in this game is just go in mid or somewhere and just fire everything you have one another boat and just do circles firing at another boat and repeat thats the wows

From the perspective of someone who has no clue what they are doing, yes.

• Bad 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,987 battles
26 minutes ago, gianarasps said:

Perhaps you should search for some info on how to play CV after 0.8.0...The CVs were nerfed a bit in the previous patch but they are far from being useless. 

What is certain is that they have less impact on team performance as one unicums CV now cannot carry 11 ground ship potatoes as it was with RTS

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,718 posts
15,886 battles
49 minutes ago, gianarasps said:

...because playing carrier has no point now taking a squadron in the air and see the half of it dying from AA in some seconds and not even hitting it,well love the idea whoever thinked it 

Well, just play the tutorial. It will properly show you how to best avoid flak and also tell you about advanced maneuvers like zooming attacks.

That is, if there was one... :Smile_hiding:

Players
1,445 posts
17,681 battles

Wow you really have been away a while if you didn't know about the CV rework it's caused quite a lot of heated debate on here and across the game, with it being a very love or hate type of game play, I hated it so much I sold all my CVs and got my credits and XP back. 

Still your also extremely unlucky in your timing, when the rework went live AA was a joke and CVs were incredibly powerful. The Japanese tier 10 CV could even stealth drop torps, back then it was to use a phrase from German U boat crews a true "happy time" if you were a CV. 

You have returned just as things have become much more balanced  where CVs have great potential in the hands of good players although the skill ceiling is also very high, certainly not easy to get the hang of when you are just coming back. 

Players
4 posts
342 battles

I agree with that and sadly the community is all proffesionals that whoever is lower that them they call them noobs and i say it i dont know to play proffesional but as seen by the community of this game for a simple subject its more hostile than asking.And as for the cv i agree i came back at the worst time and i think that with the new cv only vets want to play them and with their opinion about this bad desicion of the devs 

[-TAP-]
Players
256 posts
7,619 battles

If you're finding the AA too extreme whilst playing tier 4 co-op, it may be worth loading up a training room battle against just the one bot, to get used to the basic mechanics of avoiding flak.

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,987 battles
3 minutes ago, gianarasps said:

I agree with that and sadly the community is all proffesionals that whoever is lower that them they call them noobs and i say it i dont know to play proffesional but as seen by the community of this game for a simple subject its more hostile than asking.And as for the cv i agree i came back at the worst time and i think that with the new cv only vets want to play them and with their opinion about this bad desicion of the devs 

You are not quite right, usually it's the potatoes that are toxic and salty. Usually the professional are kind of tolerant, well most of them,  unless you show excessive level of stupidity. 

Gladly, soon there will be an option to disable battle chat. 

• Cool 3

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,277 posts
24,699 battles
2 hours ago, gianarasps said:

Also im not new to the game ...

3 hours ago, gianarasps said:

Just got into game after a year almost ...

Yes you are new!

• Boring 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
2 hours ago, Episparh said:

well most of them,  unless you show excessive level of stupidity. 

Unfortunately the best unicuums aren't tolerant at all. All they see and think about is their WR.