Floofz

CV AI behaving very badly

4 comments in this topic

[GRKEN]
[GRKEN]
Players
1,095 posts
6,179 battles

So Ive played around a bit in the Raptor Rescue scenario aswell as done some Co-Op for the french DD events just to get wins in my low tier ships. Ive noticed very strange behavior of the CVs and I dont know if its intentional, if its something you know about or if its unknown.

First of all the AI seems to see everything. At the start of a Co-Op as a DD the CV will go straight to you, in a straight line, like he knows where you are the whole time.

They also seems to be completely incapable of hitting you with anything, especially rockets. Once they spot you they will engage in an attack run, but they dont turn during the attack run so if you turn your ship just ever so slightly they wil cancel the attack run. Thus meaning they will never ever hit yout with anything.

[MORIA]
Players
7,195 posts
33,622 battles
53 minutes ago, Floofz said:

So Ive played around a bit in the Raptor Rescue scenario aswell as done some Co-Op for the french DD events just to get wins in my low tier ships. Ive noticed very strange behavior of the CVs and I dont know if its intentional, if its something you know about or if its unknown.

First of all the AI seems to see everything. At the start of a Co-Op as a DD the CV will go straight to you, in a straight line, like he knows where you are the whole time.

They also seems to be completely incapable of hitting you with anything, especially rockets. Once they spot you they will engage in an attack run, but they dont turn during the attack run so if you turn your ship just ever so slightly they wil cancel the attack run. Thus meaning they will never ever hit yout with anything.

The bots overall know where you are. Surface ships too, they move into your general direction (built in radiolocation bit with no info for you that you're located) , maybe they have radiolocation on planes like in the first days of rework. Maybe that's why WG says to you "jest dodge" :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
324 posts
4,593 battles

bots could always do that.

they also have 40kt battleships, know if they can pen before firing, and can see your citedel through your armour like some sorta pervy ship mutant x-ray vision.

Players
445 posts

All I can say after being beached 5 times in my last game, who programmed the AI wants sacked, he cant code for toffee and who ever did the quality control sign off should follow him out the door, ruins the game, clustf...

Funny how WG very quiet about this, must be too embarrassed, compensation for ruined games, no not from these hamfisted clowns and if WG don't like my post, well tough, truth hurts, every patch they screw something up, now we just need the servers to go down AGAIN !!

Sign in to follow this