Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JimmyThePirate

GK half damage?

15 comments in this topic

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

Quick question, has anybody noticed the GK 406mm guns only doing half damage on its pens?

I never noticed this with my other guns, even the 406s on the FDG (Only ones I used on that ship) always seemed to either do no damage (IE hitting guns), or the full 4k damage on its pens, but my GK 406s seem to only do 2k damage on about half my pens, the other pens are 4k or no damage. Is there a reason for this? and why does it happen so much more with the GK than any other gun system I played with?

I added one of my replays that I noticed the odd damage numbers. Between the 13 minute and the 14 minute mark in the game I shot at a hindy that was relatively healthy (44k out of 55K, none of it healed damage) The first salvo was a pen and an over pen for 4172 damage, second was a pen for 2836 damage, and the third salvo was a pen for 3100 damage. The last salvo did the expected 4191 damage.

20190728_214110_PGSB110-Grossdeutschland_38_Canada.wowsreplay

Edited by JimmyThePirate
Added replay

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

Are you telling me that a a few pens from a GK is enough to fully saturate a part of a ship? I wish I had a screen shot to show what I'm talking about, several of these ships had full HP at the start of the match when this happened, but alas I am to lazy and that sounds like to much work.

Players
2,444 posts
11,389 battles

I don't really know how all this damage numbers things work but im assuming that just because you have full pen hits doesnt necessary mean you do full damage? Your damage numbers will still roll between 0 to whatever max damage a GK shell can do.

• Bad 1

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

Oh well, not gonna let it keep me up at night or anything like that. As it turns out I'm not a huge fan of the GK at the moment anyway, so I'll just spend my time playing other ships.

Beta Tester
699 posts
11,525 battles

Taking under consideration that replyes are automatically stored it does sound fishy that you do not want to post one.

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,352 posts
9,472 battles
On 7/29/2019 at 7:05 AM, JimmyThePirate said:

I wish I had a screen shot to show what I'm talking about,

you have replays in your replay folder,

under the game folder.

Put some replays here. give us timestamps to check.( at what point the incident you say occurs)

Then people may understand and explain whats happening.

I'm pretty sure its about the game mechanics.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,104 battles

This sometimes happens to me too (not exclusively on GK)
A hit worth roughly half the pen damage on a healthy ship, or perhaps it's double overpen damage, not sure.

I'll try to fish up some replay, when I get home.

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles
56 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

you have replays in your replay folder,

under the game folder.

Put some replays here. give us timestamps to check.( at what point the incident you say occurs)

Then people may understand and explain whats happening.

I'm pretty sure its about the game mechanics.

Thanks, I didn't realize the game replays would auto save. I thought you had to turn that feature on, which I never did.

• Cool 1

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

I added a replay to my OP about some of the odd numbers I noticed. This isn't the only game I noticed them in either, only had time to look through and post the one game.

[NWP]
Players
8,700 posts
On 7/29/2019 at 5:59 AM, JimmyThePirate said:

Between the 13 minute and the 14 minute mark in the game I shot at a hindy that was relatively healthy (44k out of 55K, none of it healed damage) The first salvo was a pen and an over pen for 4172 damage, second was a pen for 2836 damage, and the third salvo was a pen for 3100 damage. The last salvo did the expected 4191 damage. 

You hit the Superstructure, which probably was already partially saturated. Im pretty sure your last salvo hit the Hindenburg in the aft section, which wasnt saturated (at that time, he already did use his heal aswell), thus you got full pen damage.

Superstructures dont need much damage to be saturated, you can test it yourself in the training room.

Sign in to follow this