Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elblancogringo

Main battery modification 2

Main battery modification 2  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use main battery modification 2 on your ships?

• Frequently
    • Rarely
    • Extremely rarely
    • Never, there is always a better choice
  2. 2. Would you consider using more often main battery modification 2 if the increase in reload time was removed?

• Yes
    • No

20 comments in this topic

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles

Hello captains

I was wondering, how many of you use the main battery modification 2? (3rd upgrade slot).

I think its design is bad: +15% to turret rotation speed, but increases your reaload time by 5%.

I believe very very very few people use it, and I wonder if you would think, like me, that changing it to for example a 10% increase in rotation speed, but without decreasing the reload time, would not make it way more interesting.

Do you agree? Would you support a rework of this upgrade?

Cheers

• Cool 3

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles

I use it on Anshan, Leningrad, Gremmy and Mogami. I was using it on Yamato long time ago but now I go accuracy for most of my BBs. 

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
792 posts
1,966 battles

Maybe something like the karb, or something with reletively slow turret travels but fast reload, and decent base Accracy.

Players
132 posts
19,508 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

I use it on Anshan, Leningrad, Gremmy and Mogami. I was using it on Yamato long time ago but now I go accuracy for most of my BBs. 

I can’t believe I never thought of this before. So obvious when you actually think about it.....

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,214 posts
6,187 battles

The most annoying thing that can happen for me is when your turret traverse doesn't keep up with the turning circle of a ship. I've tried it by playing ships like the Leningrad, but even when all the circles are green I still can't get my shots out, or I only fire one gun, because the UI is so darn slow. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with the module, I just think there should be more ships that are on the edge with their turret traverse speed/ rotation speed of the ship itself.

[JRM]
Players
5,544 posts
22,760 battles

Use it very rarely indeed, one ship that comes to mind is Pepsi but I am pretty sure its the only one I use it on nowdays...

Wouldnt use it much more often even without the increase since in most cases I want dispersion reduction

• Cool 1

Players
8,798 posts
8,664 battles

I never understood the need, that some modules have downsides aswell... i think its just retarded.

f.e. the main battery mod 2. Clearly, turret traverse is OP, but having a bit better dispersion is not. Guess WG cant screw with hard buffs (faster turret traverse) compared to RNG mechanics (better dispersion)

Or Main battery mod 3 and torptubes mod 3. The latter one is imo totaly rediculous, as it makes the game more frustrating to play. You shouldnt permanently lose any of your main armaments anyway...

As for the first one: Its like WG wants us to use range mod :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles
56 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I never understood the need, that some modules have downsides aswell... i think its just retarded.

My thoughtss exactly... give a smaller buff if needed, but why adding downsides...

• Cool 2

[-NYX-]
Players
178 posts
6,540 battles

Use it in combination with that other upgrade. so you get better traverse and better reload. (high tier ships)
The pro's and con's in the upgrade are fine. because you have to think about what you are using. You may have to use-up two slots... but some combo's does workout fine.

Sadly many upgrades are just a waste.
Specially most Unique upgrades are! (taking place 5 or 6 is taking the useful spots)
Arsenal upgrades are taking relative needless spots.
But I must agree that many line-ups are just always the same.... till it comes to the point you use your vessel for a typical play style. 

edit;
PS. I'm not taking part of the poll.
Question 1,
Answer is not possible.... It would be, less than frequently but more than rarely. 
The answer would be "nearly always" on ships where it make sense,
but "close to never" on most ships because the better choice in this slot is already taken. (and there are those 2 near useless ones. only used for specialized play style)
Question 2,
Answer is obvious. and people answering it with "NO" have to re-read and think about it....
If the con's are taken away off something.... the considering to use it ALWAYS increases! (so answering "no" would be the wrong answer, a lie or a mistake by logic!)

• Bad 1

Players
8,798 posts
8,664 battles
24 minutes ago, ZWC said:

Use it in combination with that other upgrade. so you get better traverse and better reload. (high tier ships)

Imo a waste of 2 slots. You only gain 7% reload and 2% turret traverse. Id prefer the Reload mod in 6th slot combined with Dispersion mod in 3rd slot.

I only feel that turret traverse is necessary, if you outturn your guns while turning... thats annoying. If you turn your turrets slower with a BB from one side to the other... You can hardly measure how usefull it would be, if you would be a few seconds faster.

• Cool 1

[-NYX-]
Players
178 posts
6,540 battles
33 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Imo a waste of 2 slots. You only gain 7% reload and 2% turret traverse. Id prefer the Reload mod in 6th slot combined with Dispersion mod in 3rd slot.

I only feel that turret traverse is necessary, if you outturn your guns while turning... thats annoying. If you turn your turrets slower with a BB from one side to the other... You can hardly measure how usefull it would be, if you would be a few seconds faster.

Well,.. did I say this combo works on every ship?...
No, on some/most ships this combo would be a waste of 2 slots.
But it does make sense to use it on many ships where RNG spoils the skills in aiming, shooting and hitting.
Dispersion mod does not make sense for that matter. (if you want to talk about RNG wasting skill in some matches)

Dispersion upgrade is mostly the better choice,.. but only "mostly",... not always! 

So you personally may think it's a waste of 2 slots,... but actually it isn't. 
(not even to you, if you think about it)
7% better reload and 2% faster turret traverse is working for you in every single battle. Not effected by RNG at all!
7% better reload and 2% faster turret traverse is upgrading the performance of your vessel.
Dispersion on the other hand... is always effected by RNG ,
Dispersion is upgrading your luck. it is not upgrading your vessel

If RNG is unfortunate to you in a match,... faster reload and traverse will give you more chances to fire those bad RNG.
Improved dispersion will only annoy you even more in case RNG is influencing your shots again.

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles
11 minutes ago, ZWC said:

Dispersion on the other hand... is always effected by RNG ,
Dispersion is upgrading your luck. it is not upgrading your vessel

I disagree on this, I'd say that dispersion mods decreases the luck factor actually. Minimizing RNG is certainly a way to upgrade your ships.

Your argument sounds right but it's more complicated than this.

[-NYX-]
Players
178 posts
6,540 battles
31 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

I disagree on this, I'd say that dispersion mods decreases the luck factor actually. Minimizing RNG is certainly a way to upgrade your ships.

Your argument sounds right but it's more complicated than this.

Sorry,
but Dispersion upgrade is not minimizing the RNG....

Dispersion upgrade is certainly partly upgrading your guns... and for that matter partly upgrading your vessel.
but only "partly" because it is effected by RNG every single battle.
Dispersion is effected by the "luck factor" for that matter.
And for that it will increase the annoying level after good shots gone wrong.

While "good shots gone wrong" will never increase the annoyed-level in case you didn't upgrade that specific grouping performance .... if you still follow the system of the brains.

You feel less annoyed if you have a bad-luck-streak in a basic situation, as if you will have in a upgraded set-up.
Faster reload and turret traverse in this case will keep the guns basic.
Dispersion will not keep the guns basic.... but upgraded.
missing because of unfortunate RNG feels worse while using the disperation upgrade for that matter.
That's simply how the brains work.
If you can block those corrupting feelings in games.... that is were your skill in real-life pops-up. although nobody can block 100% off outside influences.

You don't get the point I make,... just think of the cases you played on a friends account... and how much better that account plays... so it only seems. 

• Bad 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

if you outturn your guns while turning... thats annoying

This is the case with Anshan and Leningrad. And any Russian DD T7 and below.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,275 posts
18,433 battles
25 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

This is the case with Anshan and Leningrad. And any Russian DD T7 and below.

A big nope on the last one. Only Lemming and Gremlin have the old slow traverse. Everyone else got a buff to 18s, so from T5 you have a constant turret traverse until T9, at T10 you get nerfed by 0.7deg/s because Khaba needs to be worse than Tashkent everywhere.

[FAILS]
Players
468 posts
18,483 battles

I'm using it on Fushun, Aoba and 155 mm Mogami. I'd definitely at least consider it for some other ships if not for the increased reload. Alternatively a greater buff to the turret traverse might convince me to use it more often as well, since I can't stand slow turrets (using EM on my Japanese DDs for example).

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
16 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

A big nope on the last one. Only Lemming and Gremlin have the old slow traverse. Everyone else got a buff to 18s, so from T5 you have a constant turret traverse until T9, at T10 you get nerfed by 0.7deg/s because Khaba needs to be worse than Tashkent everywhere.

Didn't look at that line for ages. So the Gnevny has ok traverse? :fish_haloween:

Players
8,798 posts
8,664 battles
48 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Didn't look at that line for ages. So the Gnevny has ok traverse? :fish_haloween:

I know i used to use it on the old Gnevny, maybe that was before it got buffed. And i used it on Fushun too.

DDs dont lose that much from the reload nerf anyway.... Id consider it on IJN CAs, but they already have horrible reload:cap_old:

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,275 posts
18,433 battles
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yup, 18s base compared to 36s on the Gremlin.

• Cool 1

Players
6,452 posts
245 battles

They could make it so that one or the other can be taken but not both but get rid of the negatives (something that should only be fore legendary modules but even some of those dont have downsides so it shows how great wargaming are at balancing their own game).

Sign in to follow this