Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

what's going on?

40 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
2,715 posts
9,940 battles

I'm a cruiser main, I like fast ships, I like powerful ships and having slightly unbalanced ships can be fun.

But. According to CCs

40 knots BBs?

500k DPM cruisers? (+900K DPM) if buffed?

Wrath of God guns on BBs?

I haven't a clue what's going on here.

It's seems like Halloween operations ships broke through and are on the run.

@MrConway, I understand the need for releasing new ships, but cramp all these ships in ten tiers?

it wouldn't be a better idea to make several tech trees with a certain number of tiers to play different modes?

e.g.

tier 1 is basically PT boats that leads no where, it's a dead end, the black swan is from 1941 (if I'm not mistaken), in tier 2 we go back in time to the 19 th century .

WG could make a more complete tech tree starting with PT boats with all the current nations, and do more tiers only with PT boats.

the same thing with T2, a complete or almost complete tech tree only with Ships  made up to WW I ships.

T3 to t4 would be between the WWI and pre WW II ships.

So.

t1 = X tiers x Y nations

t2= X tiers x Y nations

and so on.

you would chose like you chose today which type of battle you want to play. e.g.

today I feel like a random battle with WWI ships

tomorrow I feel more like a PT boat Operation.

This way not only you could release a bunch of ships and premium ships to the players but also you would have much more space to fill in the already existent tech tree. without cramping together all these ships like cattle.

basically we would have several eras and each era would have a 10 tiers or close to that. that's a lot of ships to sell.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
24,928 posts
13,719 battles
27 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Me neither, since you are speaking in riddles.

But a good start to get people to discuss a problem that most people will not get :Smile_great:

• Funny 1

Players
473 posts
6,259 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

But a good start to get people to discuss a problem that most people will not get :Smile_great:

Powercreep

[L4GG]
Players
2,715 posts
9,940 battles
35 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Georgia

Colbert

Poeba

why you say that? Apparently there are ships that were released close  to their WIP version.

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
Just now, Butterdoll said:

Georgia

Colbert

Poeba

why you say that? Apparently there are ships that were released close  to their WIP version.

Pabieda? 

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
Just now, Butterdoll said:

that

But they didn't say how they're going to distribute it. Or maybe your know something ? :cap_look:

[L4GG]
Players
2,715 posts
9,940 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

But they didn't say how they're going to distribute it. Or maybe your know something ? :cap_look:

I just saw Flamu's take on it.

I've been away for a couple of months, I'm catching up

[CATS]
Players
24,928 posts
13,719 battles
12 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Georgia

Colbert

Poeba

Were? They are not released yet...

Apart from Georgia.

[L4GG]
Players
2,715 posts
9,940 battles
24 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Were? They are not released yet...

Apart from Georgia.

I'm not talking about these ones

but Stalingrad, conqueror, and so on.

and by the looks of it Georgia it's at 40 knots.

the rest, probably will follow as well.

don't you think they are a bit too much?

Players
439 posts
5,436 battles
2 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Power creep. And it’s ruining the game.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
24,928 posts
13,719 battles
36 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I'm not talking about these ones

but Stalingrad, conqueror, and so on.

and by the looks of it Georgia it's at 40 knots.

the rest, probably will follow as well.

don't you think they are a bit too much?

Then why were you talking about them, if you are not talking about them? :Smile_trollface:

Just name the ships you want to talk about and write them in you opening post. Your jumping around and dancing around the topic is not really helping your case.

Btw. Georgia does not reach 40 knots and the Speed Boost is limited. Performancewise she is close to Musashi and Missouri and they are not exactly new...

Conq is a weak ship. The server stats show that again and again. She improved a bit, thx to the RU BB which she works quite well against.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,572 posts
14,749 battles
2 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

I'm a cruiser main, I like fast ships, I like powerful ships and having slightly unbalanced ships can be fun.

But. According to CCs

40 knots BBs?

500k DPM cruisers? (+900K DPM) if buffed?

Wrath of God guns on BBs?

It's seems like Halloween operations ships broke through and are on the run.

Game development has entered that stage where the people making it are more interested in the permutations of gameplay than they are in a realistic depiction of naval combat during WW1 or WW2. 

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
3,446 posts
1 minute ago, invicta2012 said:

Game development has entered that stage where the people making it are more interested in the permutations of gameplay than they are in a realistic depiction of naval combat during WW1 or WW2. 

The usual counter argument goes 'This is an arcade game'.....:Smile_sceptic:

[-TPF-]
Players
3,572 posts
14,749 battles
14 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

The usual counter argument goes 'This is an arcade game'.....:Smile_sceptic:

Yes, and that's fine, but there is a thing called "Suspension of Disbelief", and WG is falling on the wrong side of it, of late. 

• Cool 7

[L4GG]
Players
2,715 posts
9,940 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Conq is a weak ship. The server stats show that again and again. She improved a bit, thx to the RU BB which she works quite well against

Conq is weak, Bismarck is weak, kabah is weak. There's a lot of this going around lately.

I remember a time not long ago when everyone was saying that Conq was absurdly OP, now it's weak, but improved a bit.

I remember what CC's said about Conq, a dumb ship where everyone can make 200k, easily .

In that time they had to change the fire duration in cruisers because two HE salvos were sufficient to sink a cruiser by fire.

Most probably they raised the citadel of Conq not because it was a OP ship, but they wanted to make space for new ships.

[-AP-]
Players
2,361 posts
5,736 battles

Making ntc ships overpowered is what wargaming are doing instead of giving out buffs from ntc. The buffs come with the ships, so that they can still make it effectively mandatory to regrind.

• Cool 1

Players
324 posts
4,594 battles
3 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

there is no realism. there might be allusions to relative authenticity. but even that is a stretch.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
24,928 posts
13,719 battles
3 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Conq is weak, Bismarck is weak, kabah is weak. There's a lot of this going around lately.

I remember a time not long ago when everyone was saying that Conq was absurdly OP, now it's weak, but improved a bit.

I remember what CC's said about Conq, a dumb ship where everyone can make 200k, easily .

In that time they had to change the fire duration in cruisers because two HE salvos were sufficient to sink a cruiser by fire.

Most probably they raised the citadel of Conq not because it was a OP ship, but they wanted to make space for new ships.

We have too many stupid player in this game. And 200k damage does not make a ship strong. She was easy to play, but not strong.

And no, Khaba is not weak...

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

We have too many stupid player in this game. And 200k damage does not make a ship strong. She was easy to play, but not strong.

And no, Khaba is not weak...

Consider lack of tutorials. New players have to learn by playing trash at first. The elitist jerkfest aint helping this.

[CATS]
Players
24,928 posts
13,719 battles
10 minutes ago, CaptainOkita said:

Consider lack of tutorials. New players have to learn by playing trash at first. The elitist jerkfest aint helping this.

Nobody is talking about new players. I am talking about veterans who still do not get it.

And people who ask for help, get help on this forum.

But too many players just whine away before asking for help.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,572 posts
14,749 battles
5 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

there is no realism. there might be allusions to relative authenticity. but even that is a stretch.

Suspension of disbelief. You have to create a realistic and consistent world for the players to inhabit. WG are compressing 20 years of ship development into Tiers IX and X and adding their own fantasy elements (38+ knot battleships etc).

Sign in to follow this