Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bartleby74

Remove victory condition and replace with player tailored goals

7 comments in this topic

[2CMF]
Players
123 posts
9,466 battles

Playing the French DD event has reminded me what a godawful game is WoWs when you're expected to win the match in order to get a reward (event tokens). As the quality of playerbase goes further down the drain each six months, it's becoming increasingly infuriating to see how all the individual efforts to achieve the goal -victory- are crapped over by asinine players who, based on their gameplay, must be struggling to play and keep their sphincter tight at the same time.

So, why not replace victory condition with player-tailored goals? Say, "get 30% more than your average damage" or "kill +1 ship than your average" or "get +25% your average XP on that ship". This way, the reward relies on you the player. Team may win or lose, but it doesn't matters: if you do your job and outperform yourself, you are rewarded.

This, by the way, would stop dead in the water all leechers and bots.

(Now, what with new ships? The player-tailored reward system would only function once the player reached Level 15, and first would use averaged gameplay stats until there was enough data to set tailored goals for that ship. Ideally, the system would let the player choose the goal beforehand:raw XP, total XP, damage, et cetera)

Addedum: Question "but, Bartleby, if people played just to fulfill their tailored goals, they wouldn't play for team victory!". Answer: "Do you really think the average player plays for team victory...?"

• Bad 2

[BAD-A]
Players
638 posts
8,944 battles

16 minutes ago, Bartleby74 said:

Playing the French DD event has reminded me what a godawful game is WoWs when you're expected to win the match in order to get a reward (event tokens). As the quality of playerbase goes further down the drain each six months, it's becoming increasingly infuriating to see how all the individual efforts to achieve the goal -victory- are crapped over by asinine players who, based on their gameplay, must be struggling to play and keep their sphincter tight at the same time.

And that is why co-op is the best place for knocking these tokens off!  Plus the games are quicker so it's more efficient...

• Cool 8

[CATS]
Players
24,833 posts
13,705 battles

We already have enough missions that work with personal goals.

And these usually promote solo play, not teamplay. Not a good idea in a team game.

• Cool 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
2 hours ago, Bartleby74 said:

As the quality of playerbase goes further down the drain

The current French DD event is nothing to do with the players being bad. Yes it comes at the start of a weekend, but you know, the weekends where 'speshul' players are allowed community time. But even that isn't the problem.

The problem with the French DD event is, like the Benham, the stress on players to complete almost impossible tasks against the odds,........unless you dip into your pocket. For example if you bought 42 containers and got all the 4 missions you are well up on anybody else and can complete the task of paying for the final 'gold' Mogador loot drop. If you got only two missions it will be touch and go for many players if they can garner enough 'Republic tokens' from the ships they have in their port. So they will need to either buy more loot boxes (at the risk of getting nothing), or the Siroco where you still only get another 250 tokens. So either way if you aren't lucky enough to get four missions in your first £76 you haven't a hope in hell unless you pay even more. This is the cynical aspect of the 'competition', you can't win it without paying for it because there are no other ways to get the tokens other than completing missions, for which you have to (lets be honest) pay for the luck of a mission dropping. If you wait for the 'free' loot boxes you are odds on to get no missions, and certainly not enough missions to release the Mogador.

So with this in the back of players minds I don't blame anybody for wondering what the heck is going on, it is the incentive to grind ships players don't normally want to play just to get tokens attached to them. I agree that doing it in Co-Op is the easiest way, but it's not ideal for me, I like proper competition, besides which many of my high tier ships are only bought/unlocked but not equipped, so WG win again.

Players
8,762 posts
2 hours ago, 250swb said:

paying for the final 'gold' Mogador loot drop.

You do know its the regular T9 silver techtree DD? Only thing is, its early access now, and will be released with 0.8.8. into the techtree.

People throwing cash at wargaming for a silver ship... i guess WG is just genius company, milking its customers at every single opportunity :cap_old:

The first 4 rewards are much better than the following ones. Dont cost anyhting, but give decent rewards. Others cost 1000 dubloons and contain questionable rewards imo.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this