You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheAlba2014

Wargaming Premium Time

Wargaming Premium Time  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play more than one Wargaming Title (WOWS, WOT, WOWP)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you still purchase Wargaming Premium Time rather than title specific premium time (WOWS, WOT)?

• Yes, as I play more than one title
    • Yes, since I can't afford/don't want to buy both game specific premium time
    • Yes, as I don't need/want the other benefits of title specific premium time
    • No, as I only play one title and have specific title premium time there (WOWS, WOT)
    • No, I can afford/want to buy both game specific premium time
    • No, I don't want to buy a premium time with less benefits than specific title premium time
    • No, i wont buy any sort if premium time with the current system as it is

43 comments in this topic

[TRID]
Players
214 posts
4,640 battles

Hello all,

Now that WOT has introduced it's own title specific premium time just as WOWS did a few months ago what is your thoughts on the old Wargaming Premium Time?

Are you happy with the developments to create separate game specific premium time with added benefits over and above the old Wargaming Premium Time which applied to all titles?

Thanks,

Alba

[TRID]
Players
214 posts
4,640 battles

I've not played WOWS since the CV rework but still intended to return. In the meantime my premium time has ran out and WOT has introduced their own specific premium time the same as WOWS did.

I either buy Wargaming Premium Time for some benefits or pay double for two separate specific premium times so I don't have the "2nd tier" premium.

Feels like WG just made it more difficult for multi title gamers to enjoy the same benefits across the board like they used to compared to single title players, seems an odd move to me

PS The results so far are odd since it seems some that claim to play more than one title in Q1 have selected "No, as I only play one title and have specific title premium time there (WOWS, WOT)" in Q2

[WTFNO]
Players
545 posts
9,245 battles

I suspect the main reason for the creation of these title-specific premium time was to limit the use of gold/doubloon between games.

For instance a former WoT player with lots of gold left could buy prem time for WoWs, now they are encouraged to buy WoWs time (better bonus) for more cash.

As a WoWs-only player I kinda enjoyed the added benefit though.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,206 posts
33,772 battles
12 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

I suspect the main reason for the creation of these title-specific premium time was to limit the use of gold/doubloon between games.

For instance a former WoT player with lots of gold left could buy prem time for WoWs, now they are encouraged to buy WoWs time (better bonus) for more cash.

As a WoWs-only player I kinda enjoyed the added benefit though.

You could use the gold for dubloons? How?

[BS4]
Players
1,206 posts
6,761 battles

I still play wot so it beneficial to me to pay Premium to cover both accounts. wich is what it did before so no real change for me. But apparently I miss out on the extra bonus applied by having the dual option?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,027 posts
18,989 battles
12 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'd prefer if I could still buy the wargaming premium time with gold/doubloons, just like I could when I purchased the gold/doubloons.

This.. I mainly play ships but i do time to time  play tanks or planes

12 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Since I'm playing just warships I like that they did include more options. 

I too like the more options, But

10 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

You could use the gold for dubloons? How?

What he means is you could buy Prem time in tanks and it worked for all titles so worked for ships as well.

To be honist this pisses me off... 

Giving use WOT Prem and WOWS prem is great. But restricting General prem to only purchasable by real hard cash is completely out of order in my mind.

Players in game should have the option to buy general prem with Doubloons or Gold

• Cool 4

[BS4]
Players
1,206 posts
6,761 battles
27 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

For instance a former WoT player with lots of gold left could buy prem time for WoWs,

Didn't know this was possible....:Smile_amazed: How could you pay for wows premium with gold you have in wot??

Edit: sorry, seen explanation from @T0byJug. I get it.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,027 posts
18,989 battles
5 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

I still play wot so it beneficial to me to pay Premium to cover both accounts. wich is what it did before so no real change for me. But apparently I miss out on the extra bonus applied by having the dual option?

Warships only prem or tanks only prem gives you 65% extra XP apposed to 50% in General Prem

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,717 posts
15,870 battles

All games, one currency, one premium time, thats how it was advertised / started. Always remember...

13 hours ago, TheAlba2014 said:

PS The results so far are odd since it seems some that claim to play more than one title in Q1 have selected "No, as I only play one title and have specific title premium time there (WOWS, WOT)" in Q2

If it is the same as for me then I do play more than one title - namely WoWs & WoT - however as I do play the latter rather occasionally only it does not make sense to purchase common premium time. And while playing WoWs 90 - 95% of the time and WoT mostly for a change and/or to have some fun (i.e. only relying on old tanks and not actively leveling any lines) the WoWs premium will simply reap more benefit.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,717 posts
15,870 battles
5 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Didn't know this was possible....:Smile_amazed: How could you pay for wows premium with gold you have in wot??

It was called "unified account" ...

Fortunately I almost emptied my WoT gold stash as it was still possible.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,717 posts
15,870 battles

However I have to add to the above that in the past it was mainly WoWs that "payed" my WoT premium time, as the not so seldom doubloon compensation for ships yielded huge amount of WoWs ingame currency with almost nothing but premium time to spend it at, which still is a huge issue in this game...

[BS4]
Players
1,206 posts
6,761 battles

Ok so checking the premium shop, WOW Premium for 30 days=£8.52

WOT premium for 30 days=£8.51 (which is apparently discounted from £11???....)

But if someone wanted to take advantage of the individual accounts bonus's they would have to buy both individually? (eg extra 15% on wot +wowws) costing £17.04?

Does it work out to be cost effective with the extra 15% rewards on both accounts?

[JRM]
Players
5,535 posts
22,760 battles

Only play WOWS and rarely WOWS Blitz so dont really need cross game prem time

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,414 posts
18 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

But if someone wanted to take advantage of the individual accounts bonus's they would have to buy both individually? (eg extra 15% on wot +wowws) costing £17.04?

Does it work out to be cost effective with the extra 15% rewards on both accounts?

afaik the additional bonus for WoT premium compared to WG premium is very different than for WoWS premium

Players
234 posts
1,188 battles
41 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

This.. I mainly play ships but i do time to time  play tanks or planes

To be honist this pisses me off... 

Giving use WOT Prem and WOWS prem is great. But restricting General prem to only purchasable by real hard cash is completely out of order in my mind.

Players in game should have the option to buy general prem with Doubloons or Gold

Afaik, you can still buy Wargaming premium with gold in Warplanes.

1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

afaik the additional bonus for WoT premium compared to WG premium is very different than for WoWS premium

In WoT you get three bonus missions available to WoT premium holders, along with the ability to never see a second map again (first map is inherent to the game afaik).

And maybe some other stuff was well, not quite sure.

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
205 posts
9,240 battles

Same credit bonus in Wargaming and Warships premium account. So I’ll go for the Wargaming premium time as credits income is my main problem in ships. In Tanks credits income problem is even much more so. One of many reasons I dont play tanks anymore. Many tier X tanks researched, and no credits.

• Cool 1

[TRID]
Players
214 posts
4,640 battles
Just now, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

Afaik, you can still buy Wargaming premium with gold in Warplanes.

Is anyone able to confirm this? Might actually make me download WOWP for that sole reason.

The WOT bonus is very different to that of WOWS

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/1-5-wot-prem-account/

Far from a unified account, WG is now going to make you pay twice if you want the best bonuses in both WOWS and WOT, or pay once for the second tier premium which gives some bonuses across WOWS  WOT and WOWP.

How to actively discourage cross title gaming in my opinion by WG.

• Cool 1

Players
234 posts
1,188 battles
6 minutes ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Is anyone able to confirm this? Might actually make me download WOWP for that sole reason.

I hope this suffices:

shot_123.jpg

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
5,535 posts
22,760 battles

Well you can still buy WG prem time in shop?

Players
2,261 posts
18,092 battles

WG never embraced the unified account promise by splitting doubloons and gold between their 3 main titles. So I bought my first, and last, WOWS specific premium year last year when it was 50% off. Great deal, but the last one i'll take.

[TRID]
Players
214 posts
4,640 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well you can still buy WG prem time in shop?

Yeah it was still in the premium account tab in the WOWS shop. Funnily enough it doesn't show in the WOT shop premium account tab .

Players
234 posts
1,188 battles
15 minutes ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Yeah it was still in the premium account tab in the WOWS shop. Funnily enough it doesn't show in the WOT shop premium account tab .

Which is one of the issues I have with the WoT shop.

Since I play WoT more than WoWS or WoWP, I tend to get more coupons there, and now I can't spend the 30% ones on premium time anymore. :Smile-angry: