Sign in to follow this  
Vilodrom

this post is only if you have 10 minutes of your life that you'd spend sitting around doing nothing xd

10 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
81 posts
1,659 battles

I know im spamming up the forums and im sorry, but i have a replay which might shine a light on some of the mistakes im making as a captain that I don't recognize but you might be able to. I'm going to say it again, unless you really have a 10 minute void in your life you don't have to watch this lmao

https://replayswows.com/replay/58217#stats

[CATS]
Players
24,634 posts
13,653 battles
27 minutes ago, Vilodrom said:

I know im spamming up the forums and im sorry, but i have a replay which might shine a light on some of the mistakes im making as a captain that I don't recognize but you might be able to. I'm going to say it again, unless you really have a 10 minute void in your life you don't have to watch this lmao

https://replayswows.com/replay/58217#stats

• avoid getting pink
  • consider using premium consumables or play more mid Tier ships to earn credits for premium consumables
  • get your ship fully upgraded
  • it looks like you chose Survivability Expert, do not do that on cruisers or BB
  • focus more on the game and less on your horn
  • do not sail needlessly in the open as you did in the beginning, later it was better, but you were too far away from islands to get cover
  • you sailed TOO MUCH broadside, the double citadel on you was just a matter of time
  • work on your aim, while your usage of reload boost was good, your aim was not
  • consider setting focus targets, to direct the fire of your team, and focus your own fire more, the enemy Bismarck should not have survived

[SM0KE]
Players
81 posts
1,659 battles
18 hours ago, ColonelPete said:
  • avoid getting pink

my game crashed twice mid battle lol

18 hours ago, ColonelPete said:
  • do not sail needlessly in the open as you did in the beginning, later it was better, but you were too far away from islands to get cover

Yeah i read a forums post that said this ship is good in open water, maybe i should still stick to islands tho :p

i also have prem consumables but im a sentimental person and am scared of wasting them 

also the horn lul

tysm i doubted anyone would reply lol 

[AAO]
Players
1,465 posts
20,050 battles

As Pete mentioned never turn broadside to a BB when it shoots you or is looking at you for that matter.

Also you were way too close. At 10-12km even a Bisco can semi-reliably blap you.

The French are long range ships (that's why they perform quite well in open water), stay at 13+ km from BBs unless you have to get closer.

0 posts
38 minutes ago, Vilodrom said:

tysm i doubted anyone would reply lo

Also try this discord server - many helpful folk there and a section dedicated to replay feedback (probably avoid spamming it tho ;) )... https://discord.gg/pMBDZ8

I haven't watched the replay and I doubt I could provide much advice anyway, but to remember (as kind of touched on above)... whilst sailing 'in the open' you can still try to use islands to limit the number of enemies who will be able to target you simultaneously even when you aren't island-hugging. The mini-map helps a lot here for judging angles and potential LoS breaks in island chains.

GL & HF

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
24,634 posts
13,653 battles
1 hour ago, Vilodrom said:

Yeah i read a forums post that said this ship is good in open water, maybe i should still stick to islands tho :p

She is an "open" water ship.

But you need islands to break line of sight. This makes it harder for the enemy to focus you and you need a place were you can turn safely without showing broadside.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
81 posts
1,659 battles

:o all these responses thanks everyone, 1 more question - every time i open the game i get a smaller frame game with space on the sides but when i exit that and come back it goes fullscreen like normal. why does this happen lol

Sign in to follow this