You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kutfroat

the problem with reward premiums for NTC

79 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
253 posts

...will be the same as the modules with combat bonuses would have been. they will be so good to be mandatory (see ohio teaser and have a look at smolensk. maybe they get tuned down a bit, but they will stay OP=mandatory to make you grind again).

that's why another "sh.tstorm" is needed, till "they" realize to either restrain to only cosmetic bonuses, or better, scrap the wohle NTC concept.

edit: 

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/196970-is-ntc-still-a-bit-broken-in-the-form-of-wip-colbert-flamu-gameplay-vid/

a similar thread from the u.s. forum with a video from flamuu about the colbert - not the ntc concept! (but also a potential ntc reward).

• Cool 9
  • Boring 3

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,421 posts
1 minute ago, Kutfroat said:

habe a look at smolensk

Smolensk will be a coal ship, what is the connection to the NTC?

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
253 posts
6 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

Smolensk will be a coal ship, what is the connection to the NTC?

wasnt aware that it is now announced for coal. doesnt change the fact WG will make the reward ships OP  people regrind entire lines, because they think permanent camos or special flags arent enough to lure people into regrinding entire lines.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
253 posts
3 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Lets burn everything on the BBQ! :Smile_izmena:

And what @Klopirat said :Smile_great:

so you think the reward ships will be balanced ships?

the realitiy will be, if you dont regrind, you get punished.

• Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
3,446 posts
4 minutes ago, Kutfroat said:

You could also look upon it as a challenge, spit caution to the wind and laugh in the face of peril on the seas! :Smile_izmena:

(Also this will be one more handy excuse to add on my list next to lag, cat sleeps on my keyboard, cat took my mouse....)

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,278 posts
24,699 battles
5 minutes ago, Kutfroat said:

Punished by what? Ohio(any NTC ship) will be more accessible to masses than any steel ship.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles

As I heard the Colbert will be, with the Ohio, the rewards for the regrind. Smolensk will be for coal 240-250k with no coupon.  

Beta Tester
2,736 posts
6,990 battles

Someone explayin something, if one were to start a regrind that means he loses all the permacammos on the ships of a particular line? 

Didnt read on the matter srry. :Smile_Default:

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles
10 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Someone explayin something, if one were to start a regrind that means he loses all the permacammos on the ships of a particular line? 

Didnt read on the matter srry. :Smile_Default:

No, why would they? That's what the inventory is for. I got permacamo for Shokaku from the Halloween event before I even thought about getting the ship.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
3,446 posts

Well, it is specifically the tedious grinding that is the aspect I really dislike about these games (especially now in WoT...) so I'm prolly not going to re anything. At the most I might have a look at the Japanese lines, but that's just about it.

Beta Tester
2,736 posts
6,990 battles
11 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

No, why would they? That's what the inventory is for. I got permacamo for Shokaku from the Halloween event before I even thought about getting the ship.

I hope so because if someone is to start a line from scratch again, and loose cammos they spent gold on it would be a $hit$torm of epic proportions. 

Beta Tester
2,736 posts
6,990 battles

One last question then i'll stop hijacking the thread, if you start a regring of a specific line, do your stats on the ships get a restart aswell? 

(i got a few that need fixing :Smile_smile:

• Funny 2

Players
6,452 posts
245 battles

wot? are we going to gather teh ladz again?

But yeah the whole NTC thing is a dumb idea, if i have to regrind 3 times for ships or cosmetics then yeah.

is it really hard for these idiots just to make missions where you get a bunch of cool effects cosmetics and visuals at tier 4-7 only? with maybe armoury resources as well as a cherry on top, with no time limits? (like campaigns in world of tanks but the tanks you get there can be trash or really stupidly good).

• Cool 4

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
5 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

But yeah the whole NTC thing is a dumb idea, if i have to regrind 3 times for ships or cosmetics then yeah.

As I mentioned earlier they want to deal with the big amount of T10 players, force them from playing only T10. 

Players
6,452 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

As I mentioned earlier they want to deal with the big amount of T10 players, force them from playing only T10. 

hard to do so when every other premium that flys out of the hidden hole from WG is a tier 9/10.

unless they give unique and/or really good commander exp rates with tier 5 and 6 premiums (they do something similar with a few of the older tier 5 premiums in world of tanks where they had very good crew skill training.)

• Cool 2

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

I'll complain when/if the NTC ships turn out to be disgustingly OP. At the end of the day, NTC is just another grind/resource, and I don't see any particular reason to be more alarmed by it than steel/coal/FXP/money premiums, or even new lines. It's just another way to get whales to open their wallet, probably more than for a mere 1m FXP conversion that we're used to for a new ship. And thankfully, it seems WG don't feel the need to ruin balance by making new ships OP in general.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

do your stats on the ships get a restart aswell? 

If you sell your Danae and rebuy her - will that reset your stats?

Most likely no.

• Cool 2

Players
2,683 posts
2 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

One last question then i'll stop hijacking the thread, if you start a regring of a specific line, do your stats on the ships get a restart aswell? 

(i got a few that need fixing :Smile_smile:

I know nothin about regrind but... this is a sneakily interesting qu:Smile_hiding:ery

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

NTC reward ships are still considerably more accessible to the common player than steel reward ships. Absolutely zero competitive grind required to farm NTC tokens (at least in the last iteration that was discussed!) and even IF the ships end up being so good as to be highly competitive picks or even must-picks, anyone who wants them can grind for them. At their own pace even without having to adhere to WG scheduled seasons or whatnot. Or just throw loads of free XP around ...

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,268 posts
18,111 battles

Ive never understood WG tendency to give award ships that are really strong to players that most like already are proficient at the game due to the amount of time they spend grinding. It's like reversed handicap scoring: if you're already good you will get a strong ship on top. Why? Give them ships that are different, sure, but balance them for the people that will play these boats.

• Cool 8

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,412 posts
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Then they should stop giving T8 ships away everytime a new line gets released.

Then they should start making missions/campaigns/events T4+ again, like it always was.

Then they should stop releasing T9 and T10 premiums/freemiums and release midtier (T5-7) steel, coal and Free XP ships.

Sorry, but that's not at all what they want to do. That's what they say they want to do, because WG's afraid of the shitstorm if they tell the truth.

All they want to do is give people an incentive to grind the whole line again, get bored and buy doubloons to Free XP the entire line for the second time. This is nothing more than a simple cashgrab to milk the doubloon/Free XP cashcows.

• Cool 10

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
16 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

This is nothing more than a simple cashgrab to milk the doubloon/Free XP cashcows.

I have now 2.5 mln free exp. After buying the Alaska and Azuma. And using free exp to jump the Vlad + max out the T9 modules.  After some games on T9 used another 80k free exp to get the Kremlin. Free exp is easily gathered mate, especially with +200% exp for first win events. 

I know some guy that didn't buy the Azuma nor the Alaska , is playing till today (cause I'm having a break) and has 5.5 mln free exp. He's gathering to get the Ohio.