Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SailorWookie

What is your favrioute Rum?

8 comments in this topic

Players
10 posts
308 battles

Hi all,
first of all please remove the post if it's not appropriate as its not PG in some way, Thank you,

Right, Hi all, as someone whos 21 years old, worked behind the bar for sailors and ex-navy people, I've always asked my self what do other people drink?, this is a British bar and I am not British, the navy lot would always go for Lambs navy rum but the older lot would go for Ableforth's Rumbullion Navy Strength or Austrian Empire Rum, there were a few more bottles that are  £100 and up but people seemed to have gone for the cheaper as its got better "taste", I've recently(for my leaving drinks) tried the famous (in my bar) Lamb's Navy Rum and I actually like it, has a nice kick to it bottles are cheap too.
but I wonder what other people like to drink,

what's your go-to Rum and how do you drink it? with coke or lemonade?
if you have any tips on drinking rum hit me up I never drank rum before and I drink it on ice.

Love you all,
wish you blue skies and following seas. Happy Sails to you!

• Cool 1

[B_S_C]
[B_S_C]
Beta Tester
61 posts
10,723 battles

I don't have an all out favourite but I am rather fond of Mount Gay (although the name sometimes attracts some extra conversation).  These days I prefer the gold rums over the dark/navy strength. 

Personally I don't like ice in my rum at all.  I drink it neat quite often but also like it with some coke and depending on my tastes on the day a touch of lime. 

Also if you like a kick I would suggest you try some Wood's 100 which I enjoyed quite a bit of over the years (my "local" years ago used to get it in for me which tells you I probably drank a little too much of it lol).

• Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
9,247 posts
6,465 battles

I absolutely LOVE „Plantation“! Best enjoyed without any frills maybe just a good Cuban cigar.

Alternatively „Botucal“ same way. “Don Papa” and “Zacapa” aren’t bad either.

And please: don’t mix anything with Rum!! Unless it is really bad stuff and you need to get hammered fast.

Btw: Excellent topic! I am telling anyone who wants to hear it since 2 years that Rum will be the next big thing :-)

Players
10 posts
308 battles
9 hours ago, Obsessive_Compulsive said:

HMS Victory is wonderfull for me. its 57% too so hits the spot!

The Bottle looks neat, it has a nice simple design. might be up for trying that next.

Players
10 posts
308 battles
10 hours ago, vereybowring said:

I don't have an all out favourite but I am rather fond of Mount Gay (although the name sometimes attracts some extra conversation).  These days I prefer the gold rums over the dark/navy strength. 

Personally I don't like ice in my rum at all.  I drink it neat quite often but also like it with some coke and depending on my tastes on the day a touch of lime. 

Also if you like a kick I would suggest you try some Wood's 100 which I enjoyed quite a bit of over the years (my "local" years ago used to get it in for me which tells you I probably drank a little too much of it lol).

10 hours ago, vereybowring said:

Very interesting. ill be up for trying woods 100 reading up on it it has 57% so that should be interesting my next payday will make me look like an alcoholic but I recently just started to like the taste of rum its not about getting hammered for me but to enjoy it I don't know how to express my self about it. :cap_tea:

[B_S_C]
[B_S_C]
Beta Tester
61 posts
10,723 battles
1 hour ago, SailorWookie said:

Very interesting. ill be up for trying woods 100 reading up on it it has 57% so that should be interesting my next payday will make me look like an alcoholic but I recently just started to like the taste of rum its not about getting hammered for me but to enjoy it I don't know how to express my self about it. :cap_tea:

One of the best laughs I've had was the afternoon I was drinking with some of the other hotel staff and two of the waitresses on their day off (fyi I was the restaurant manager) got absolutely wrecked and I had to steer them home.  On the way back one of them came out with "Why aren't you drunk ?  We were buying you doubles !" and that was during my woods years lol  That afternoon I had about 10 double woods and was definitely feeling it but still quite far from drunk and felt fine to work the evening shift a couple of hours later.

Beta Tester
62 posts
2,310 battles
12 hours ago, SailorWookie said:

The Bottle looks neat, it has a nice simple design. might be up for trying that next.

It is not my usual tipple. I usually drink pussers gunpowder proof but the HMS victory takes the mollases and oak that I imagine was the standard for soldiers on the rum ration to the next level. It actually benefits from being turned into strong grog (water added, just a little)

Sign in to follow this