Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jvd2000

Promoting playing low tiers?..

3 comments in this topic

[SINT]
[SINT]
Players
696 posts
19,363 battles

Akin to last years “snowflakes” WG decided to one again repeat the succes by introducing the French Tokens motivating you to play atleast once all your ships tier V and higher and your dusty premiums from tier 2 up for some coal. While giving a monetary reward (how ever small) to play those ships atleast once during this period i think more needs to be done to make low tier game play a usefull choice with all this current grinding..

WG claims to promote low tier but even counterdict herself with the current directives for the French DD. Each week you have 2 missions which are tier VII and up. This weeks missions were quite light on the grind but i prefered (to make the grind as easy as possible, especially  after being a bit tired from all former grind months) to do the tasks with tier VII and up atleast until i finished the missions with tier VII requirement. And even then when you need to grind xp etc.. you are better of with high tier ships anyway.

So if WG want to promote low-mid tier play maybe a new permanent campaign could be created which concentrates on tier v-VII ships with some alternatives tasks that can be completed in premiums tier 2-4.  Final reward could be a tier v or VI premium. Difficulty should be between the introductionary campaign and the campaign that gives the tier VI JPN DD.

Another thing could be another new scenario for tier V’s to compensate that tier V’s were booted out of scenario’s earlier. Or open up scenario’s for premiums a tier lower.

• Cool 2

Players
8,793 posts
8,664 battles
4 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Another thing could be another new scenario for tier V’s to compensate that tier V’s were booted out of scenario’s earlier. Or open up scenario’s for premiums a tier lower.

The sad thing is, that even those T6 OPs are very unrewarding. They take 15 mins or more, and an average game nets you like 1k-1,3k Base XP. Farming with that BaseXP is pretty useless, ontop of abysmal teammates, which can throw every game giving you 300 baseXP in a loss :Smile_sceptic:

Instead of doing those "snowflake" kinda things, they might make mission chains, giving the same rewards, i.e.

"Play T5-7 DDs" in like 10 different stages, while some can be done in coop, some should be randoms without win requirement. Like stages 1-3 could be just play a game Coop/random, stage 4-7 could be win a game Coop/Random and Stage 8-10 are Random only without win requirement.

Then make it for every class, premium ships and such and you can get people to play randoms and lower tier ships aswell.

To get those tokens now, you should just do it in Coop as it requires wins. Getting so many wins in randoms is frustrating at best.

Something else i thought about, they could give special boni to ships which you havent played in a while, like more XP for the first win, or even other stuff like xx FreeXP/Commander XP. Just make them be applied randomly, like i havent played any T6 ship in a while, and at some point, the game gives me a special reward, if i get a win in that ship.

Sign in to follow this