You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JarrusJenkins

British BB citadel

120 comments in this topic

Players
106 posts
2,841 battles

is it me or have wargaming raised the citadel of all the higher tier British bbs?

I always thought this was a characteristic of them but now we've got to put up with being penned there now?

whats that all about?

[COMFY]
Players
792 posts
1,956 battles

U show broadside to BB guns, you should explode. If you stay angled and take pen damage, you can zombie heal far more damage.

anyway they did raise all cigs so they are above waterline

• Bad 1

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
16,114 battles

They tested a higher citadel for a few months with versions of the Monarch and Conqueror and decided to implement it for King George V, Lion, Duke of York, Monarch, and Conqueror with this update, as mentioned in the Developer Bulletin on the 3rd and the Update notes on the 23rd. They also improved the repair party (higher percentage of non-citadel damage repaired for all, higher rate of healing for King George V + Duke of York + Monarch, faster cooldown for all) as counter-balance. 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-086/#balance

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-086-french-destroyers/#balance

a5ec19da-aca5-11e9-ad0f-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

• Cool 4

Players
106 posts
2,841 battles

so why is it that the vanguard doesn't get this improved repair party even though its had an over the water line citadel?

Players
951 posts
11,797 battles
26 minutes ago, JarrusJenkins said:

so why is it that the vanguard doesn't get this improved repair party even though its had an over the water line citadel?

Cause unlike the rest of the line it is actually a rather well balanced ship... due to being able to hit things with it's guns from more than 3km...

• Cool 3

[MORIA]
Players
7,181 posts
33,584 battles
3 hours ago, JarrusJenkins said:

40 sec of heal cooldown. That's not improved for you? You wanna have 20sec? And he can heal as Warspite. Look at Monarch in contrast... Yeah.:Smile-_tongue:

Players
455 posts
6,094 battles
4 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Cause unlike the rest of the line it is actually a rather well balanced ship... due to being able to hit things with it's guns from more than 3km...

Conqueror is actually rather accurate. In my experience at least

[VS-UK]
Players
47 posts
4,842 battles

It was probably due... Now, perhaps if they cared to give US bbs their old higher citadels back, that'd be grand.

[MORIA]
Players
7,181 posts
33,584 battles
1 hour ago, AronForce said:

Conqueror is actually rather accurate. In my experience at least

He was talking about the Vanguard. And both Conq and Vanguard are accurate.

Players
1,548 posts

Yes they have.

Unbalancing what little advantage they did have, now German BB are where its at, for a work tool, with the improved pen angles on American BB, spamming HE for farming XP from a distance via a BB, is a " little more invaluable "

Q: Is it good or Bad <rhetoric> ?  It doesn't matter, you just move on to some thing else, with the current MM buying a T7 T8 premier ship is not a happy place to be, unless you really want " that ship "

Happy Hunting  

Edited by Mr_Smasher
grammar

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,000 posts
7,981 battles
6 minutes ago, Mr_Smasher said:

Unbalancing what little advantage they did have,

Apart from best stealth in class from tier 8 and up, super heal that can reprint your ship twice in a game, the most ludicrous HE in the game and beeing somewhat small in BB terms. The citadel raise is a good thing, and the added armor strip around the citadel just means you get rewarded more for angling instead of herp derp broadsiding everywhere.

• Cool 3

[MORIA]
Players
7,181 posts
33,584 battles
2 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Apart from best stealth in class from tier 8 and up, super heal that can reprint your ship twice in a game, the most ludicrous HE in the game and beeing somewhat small in BB terms. The citadel raise is a good thing, and the added armor strip around the citadel just means you get rewarded more for angling instead of herp derp broadsiding everywhere.

Add to this great maneuverability of Conqueror with legendary module.

Players
388 posts
7,779 battles

yes i noticed the COnqueror citadel had been raised when i hit it's citadel 5 times in my JB with reload booster activated....it vanished quite quickly, then again if you broadside it never ends well

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
8,700 posts
1 hour ago, Mr_Smasher said:

with the improved pen angles on American BB

US BBs dont have those improved angles :fish_book:

I think its good, that they finaly got a citadel. Would have been hard to kill a retard conq yesterday who still had full HP after camping all game long. But now, it just died within 2,5 salvos from 2 BBs :Smile_medal:

• Cool 2

Players
9,335 posts
10,985 battles
31 minutes ago, illy said:

yes i noticed the COnqueror citadel had been raised when i hit it's citadel 5 times in my JB with reload booster activated....it vanished quite quickly, then again if you broadside it never ends well

Now only if rest of the BBs would follow the trend... :Smile_smile:

Heck, if entire "armored box" is considered a citadel for cruisers, why its not for battleships sans Yamato?

Players
106 posts
2,841 battles

the problem is that theyre still very vulnerable to cancerous cruiser over island he spam having 32mm armor everywhere.

Sure the concealment is a great thing but if you've got the fun police in the air above you, then its no fun time because you get focused and it's pretty much impossible to turn around and drop the hammer (ie run away) I suppose the zombie heal makes up for this but at tier 7 and 8 it doesn't.

I suppose really is just the fact that you can be put in tier 9 matches in a tier 7 and a tier 10 match in a tier 8 ship (Hood and Vanguard respectively) 

as for the heal comment I made and the response, I see your point so that's fair enough.

and also why doesn't the vanguard get the better pen angles like the hood? surely it would need them considering you've basically got tier 6 guns and the fact the guns on the vanguard are the exactly the same as the ones on the hood but with much worse firing arcs

[NWP]
Players
8,700 posts
10 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Now only if rest of the BBs would follow the trend... :Smile_smile:

Heck, if entire "armored box" is considered a citadel for cruisers, why its not for battleships sans Yamato?

I present to you: the average BB player

tenor.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

Players
106 posts
2,841 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Smasher said:

image.thumb.png.456fd859dc960a8cc1aad9e242bec0ba.png

image.thumb.png.b22e5fd25011b83c5c4cc20f326a5bca.png

to be fair, from what I've been told, with that module it plays a lot like the vanguard.

I reckon that would be the one for me then.

Now what it needs is those 457mm guns fixing, Ohio and Georgia get sniper like dispersion but the Conqueror has to make do with just throwing shells over there....somewhere...