You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
A_Cool_Beer

Fix matchmaking

6 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
1,126 battles

So I just bought my second T8 ship, the Bismark.

I've played six matches. In every single one there was at least 4 T10 ships in both teams.

Sitting in a vanilla Bismark with the captain still in training after shifting is just not fun at all.

Switching to the T6 Fuso after loosing any motivation playing the Bismark, the ridiculousness commences: three games in a row playing T8-T6 games.

Now I'd be totally fine with this if I wasn't knowing that this will continue like that.

For every T10-T8 match in a T8 ship, I'am approximately playing one thenth the amount of T6-T8 games in that tier.

Yet in T6 I face T6-T8 matches about one game out of three.

This cannot be fair in any way, so:

Wargaming, why do you not balance your match making!? This issue has been around for years!

So, what should you do?

E.g: you could easily use a counter for each match category (T6-T8, T5-T7, etc.) per ship and reduce the probabilty for the player to end up in categories that have occured often recently.

Maybe exclude that mechanism for T10 ships.

Lastly, I wanted to say that I really enjoy the game. It's great.

But what really made me stop playing one year ago, and probably will stop me soon, is the fact that I feel hoaxed while playing because of this horribly unfair match making.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
24,834 posts
13,705 battles
Just now, A_Cool_Beer said:

So I just bought my second T8 ship, the Bismark.

I've played six matches. In every single one there was at least 4 T10 ships in both teams.

Sitting in a vanilla Bismark with the captain still in training after shifting is just not fun at all.

Switching to the T6 Fuso after loosing any motivation playing the Bismark, the ridiculousness commences: three games in a row playing T8-T6 games.

Now I'd be totally fine with this if I wasn't knowing that this will continue like that.

For every T10-T8 match in a T8 ship, I'am approximately playing one thenth the amount of T6-T8 games in that tier.

Yet in T6 I face T6-T8 matches about one game out of three.

This cannot be fair in any way, so:

Wargaming, why do you not balance your match making!? This issue has been around for years!

So, what should you do?

E.g: you could easily use a counter for each match category (T6-T8, T5-T7, etc.) per ship and reduce the probabilty for the player to end up in categories that have occured often recently.

Maybe exclude that mechanism for T10 ships.

Lastly, I wanted to say that I really enjoy the game. It's great.

But what really made me stop playing one year ago, and probably will stop me soon, is the fact that I feel hoaxed while playing because of this horribly unfair match making.

Look up the MM rules. It is all explained.

And yes, WG might change the ratio of bottom Tier games soon.

Players
208 posts
4,442 battles

To be fair, on my NA account I've just moved up from Fiji to Edinburgh and at the moment 66% of battles have been T8, the other was T10.

Personally, I think stepping up to T8 is the biggest learning curve in the game, the power of other ships, T8 up to T10, is a bigger jump than any tiers below.

Just a case of sticking with it, I believe they are in the process of making sure the percentage of matches when T8 is bottom tier is considerably reduced.

[MORIA]
Players
7,200 posts
33,697 battles

They're doing some new algorithm. Though no one knows when it'll be ready. For T8 will mean that you'll have one battle against T10 and next one against T6. The T10s will wait more in queue after that implementation. 

Players
63 posts
2,764 battles

The matching is such because there arent new players.

With all the torp he spam even the current 12k average players are much imho..

• Funny 2