The_Norwood

Rudder sound for A and D keys

10 comments in this topic

[D-P-B]
[D-P-B]
Players
43 posts
12,042 battles

Since the patch, pressing A or D makes the rudder shift noise happen. While this is pretty logical, it just confuses things. Previously, you only got the sound if you set your rudder, but not by merely changing direction with A or D. Since this changed with the latest patch, i keep thinking i've accidentally set my rudder when i turn using A and D,  then changing direction slightly to compensate for this error that hasn't actually happened. Other clan members are having the same problem.

Feels like you solved a problem that didn't exist and have created issues as a result.

I would suggest either removing it, or changing the sound to a unique sound that is easy to differentiate from the actual setting of the rudder.

• Cool 3

[KAKE]
Players
2,428 posts
5,574 battles

Yeah, this is just annoying. Go back to how it was.

• Cool 3

Players
2,109 posts
18,751 battles
Am 26.7.2019 um 23:08, The_Norwood sagte:

Since the patch, pressing A or D makes the rudder shift noise happen.

Either they fixed it already with a secret mini patch or tThat is not what happened.

It seems to be gone now but while it was still occurring last night/early this morning, It drives me up the wall, precisely because it is not linked to anything I myself do.

I do not get the random clinking from the A and D keys, my initial hypothesis was it's other people's steering lock or autopilot clinking bleeding into my audio unintentionally, much like other people's "plane shot down" announcements during the public test.

Either that or it has to do with the broken autopilot / collision avoidance somehow.

[RUR]
Beta Tester
4 posts
11,461 battles

I'm willing to bet that it's linked to this bug:

Do you hear the sound only while collision warning is active?

Players
2,109 posts
18,751 battles
Vor 14 Minuten, Dandy sagte:

I'm willing to bet that it's linked to this bug:

Except I don't use q/e to set the rudder to neutral but just hit d. There should be no clink.

Zitat

Do you mean the terrain hit indicator?

I had it on "only at target lock" and I'm getting the random clinking all the time, I can't reproduce the conditions, other than that it seems to occur only close to other players.

Turning the THI off now, let's see what that does.

[A few moments later]

OK now I'm officially confused. I though the THI (that you can turn off in the Audio settings) was the annoying beeping that lets you know you're about to ground your ship. Turning it off in the Audio menu does nothing. The beeping is still there. Sometimes now accompanied by clinking - other times not. Still don't see any pattern.

[RUR]
Beta Tester
4 posts
11,461 battles

The rudder sounds seem to be audible when the ship would activate auto island avoidance, regardless of if it's on or off in options.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,323 posts
16,276 battles

I, too, have this sound when pressing A and D. Strangely it does not occur always. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Haven't found the pattern yet.

But the sound is totally annoying for the reason @The_Norwood mentioned.

Beta Tester
1,323 posts
16,276 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Dandy sagte:

I tried it - and can confirm. The unwanted A/D sound seem to occur when close to islands, not when in open water.

Sign in to follow this