Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ranghena

Yoshino worth it?

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[ARCAS]
Players
36 posts
5,955 battles

Hi all, I'm near the requied coal for yoshino, plus have 25% coupon. 

It's worth it or save coal for smolensk? 

I have both captain 19 point ready and use Japan and urss. 

Anyone knows how long yoshino staying armory or when smolensk come out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[P-W-C]
Players
5,328 posts
29,007 battles

Don't use the coupon on coal ships. Yoshino won't disappear soon. Save the coupon for steel ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
6,084 posts
7,325 battles

We don't know how long Yoshino will be around. likely some time.

 

As to whether it is worth it, we cannot tell you based on the info you give. All i can tell you is that yoshino is a decent enough ship for T10 and can hold its own. Some people might not like it, because they feel it is not special enough, some might not like it because they find the playstyle boring, but others will just have similar complaints about Smolensk. Like, Smolensk gameplay to me is not really more thrilling and I certainly have more interest into the IJN B-65 cruiser design than in some obscure Soviet project that noone ever heard of and might not ever really have been seriously considered for construction.

2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Don't use the coupon on coal ships. Yoshino won't disappear soon. Save the coupon for steel ships.

Why? If you don't give a damn about what is being offered for steel, feel free to use it on coal ships and any newly announced ships need half a year or so anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GBONM]
Players
57 posts
12,059 battles

No its not. zao > azuma + yoshino. Not great accuracy, huge citadel, so you are forced to play at max range, and useless AP (rare opportunity to e successful. If you wanna see another opinion, don't look at the contributors that promote the ship for WG, have a look for Yuro's channel. You get a better idea. (I bought the ship the 1st day since I had more than 400k coal, and I have played only 5-6 games so far, cause its not worth it) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
6,084 posts
7,325 battles
1 hour ago, Maniattack said:

No its not. zao > azuma + yoshino. Not great accuracy, huge citadel, so you are forced to play at max range, and useless AP (rare opportunity to e successful. If you wanna see another opinion, don't look at the contributors that promote the ship for WG, have a look for Yuro's channel. You get a better idea. (I bought the ship the 1st day since I had more than 400k coal, and I have played only 5-6 games so far, cause its not worth it) 

Except Yuro doesn't even call the ship bad. At worst he calls it lackluster and mediocre. And Yoshino is not a bad ship. It's a low-impact ship. Which doesn't equal bad, given some of the best ships in the game are low-impact (Henri and Zao for example may have more impact than Yoshino, but have lower impact than most other T10 cruisers, yet people still wouldn't call them bad). Especially in divisions or when you can count on team mates to do their job, Yoshino is a good fire support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GBONM]
Players
57 posts
12,059 battles
5 hours ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Except Yuro doesn't even call the ship bad. At worst he calls it lackluster and mediocre. And Yoshino is not a bad ship. It's a low-impact ship. Which doesn't equal bad, given some of the best ships in the game are low-impact (Henri and Zao for example may have more impact than Yoshino, but have lower impact than most other T10 cruisers, yet people still wouldn't call them bad). Especially in divisions or when you can count on team mates to do their job, Yoshino is a good fire support.

it is bad for the price of that coal, that's why I say its not worthy (never said bad). out all of the premium t10 cruisers I believe yoshino and azuma are the worst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
6,084 posts
7,325 battles
4 hours ago, Maniattack said:

it is bad for the price of that coal, that's why I say its not worthy (never said bad). out all of the premium t10 cruisers I believe yoshino and azuma are the worst. 

Azuma is not a T10 prem and I disagree, though with 3 T10 premium cruisers only, the selection is a bit lacking. But Yoshino is adequate for randoms, in Ranked it's ok, in CB it is likely as much of a weird pick as Salem and the sole ship that you find in CB regularly is the Stalingrad, which however is a steel ship, so purely from an economic point of view is harder to obtain.

 

As to whether it is worth the coal, depends on what you want to get. If you are looking for a credit grinder, T9 prems beat T10 prems, so JB and Georgia are way better. But by the same logic Salem isn't worth it then. Nor would Smolensk be, given it too would be a T10 prem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×