You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sadzior

French container loot.

86 comments in this topic

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
30,957 battles

Got about 10 "normal" ones so far- no plans (mission) for ships looted.

Purchased 14 pack "big ones"- only  ONE plans - for Jaguar t5

Got totally 750 gold from them- purchased extra one "big"- got 150 gold from it but no plans for anything.

So far seems like very little chance to got plans, much lower than in "russian battleship containers"

A whole thing looks like ripoff for me.

Better spent your money on Bayard, dont touch containers from shop. Farm Sirocco from missions, dont bother about rest upon release...

So far very dissapointing event , yes we can farm some coal and "french tokens" but theres nothing to spent those tokens on.

Four "bundles " for tokens are OK, but the fifth with buying 30 bundles with mostly flags for 1000 gold each  ist just meh.

Premium cammos are so freakin uggly i wont touch them even if they pay me for using this crap.

What more- historical commanders  for 1500 gold each- Totally MEH because they dosent have ANY extra perks.
So we are supposed to pay 1500 ge for just picture and name??

( I posted list of possible perks connected to historical background of those commanders elswhere on forum. Par example Bonte  can get Vigilance- because some of his Z destroyers got torpedoed in Narvik)

A whole event is basically "Give us our GE".

You will get basically not much of value from it.

Only intressting thing is Bayard with is better to buy for cash or just wait when it goes for doubloons.
Scirocco can be farmed ( but we must wait so long time one forgotting during the grind what is this grind for)
Tree destroyers plans are depending on so slight random(???) chance is not even worth mentioning.

You can farm all day long and you will got it...or not so who gives a fuxx.

I liked british CV event when you got a value for grind NOT based on pure random chance.
If you wanted and you grinded you got ships and you was able to see progress and meaning in grind.
This is just awfull GE ripoff.

So for this great event my middle finger goes Up Up Up for you WG.

• Cool 15

[JRM]
Players
5,526 posts
22,760 battles
13 minutes ago, Sadzior said:

Better spent your money on Bayard, dont touch containers from shop. Farm Sirocco from missions, dont bother about rest upon release...

This

Every "crate release" event so far showed a pattern with drop chance getting worse and worse and crates in general more and more expensive, I decided to draw the line as well, got bayard and dont intend to spend more cash on this

• Cool 3

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
30,957 battles
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

This

Every "crate release" event so far showed a pattern with drop chance getting worse and worse and crates in general more and more expensive, I decided to draw the line as well, got bayard and dont intend to spend more cash on this

Seems quite right, best to warn people . I made my misstake spending cash on 14 containers instead of just buying Bayard.

Btw. Notser publised in his channel a comment about 30x1000Ge loot- it seems most people on test server got t9 destroyer on last 30 th loot...

When they showed it in offician stream on twith  destroyer misiion dropped on second loot.. So much about rigged stuff...Pathetic...

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,206 posts
33,727 battles
1 minute ago, Sadzior said:

Seems quite right, best to warn people . I made my misstake spending cash on 14 containers instead of just buying Bayard.

Bayard is pretty good cruiser, a better Cleveland in DPM. Having MBRB on is like 152mm Atlanta fire rate. No DD can survive this. 

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
30,957 battles

Already regret i spent my money on fuxxing ripoff containers...

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,917 battles
29 minutes ago, Sadzior said:

It's called gambling and it comes with an addiction which is a desease. 

If you fail for that, just put a memo on your desk "THOSE SHIPS WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTER 28 DAYS FOR FREE GRIND!" 

If you still find yourself buying those, go find medical assistance. 

P. S. There is nothing wrong of buying few hoping for luck, but getting obbsed from top reward can be very damaging. Notser was quite frustrated of not getting Lightning after hundreds of chests... Check his video "I Hate RNG Containers" 

• Cool 3

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
30,957 battles
8 minutes ago, Episparh said:

It's called gambling and it comes with an addiction which is a desease. 

If you fail for that, just put a memo on your desk "THOSE SHIPS WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTER 28 DAYS FOD FREE GRIND!" 

If you still find yourself buying those, go find medical assistance. 

P. S. There is nothing wrong of buying few hoping for luck, but getting obbsed from top reward can be very damaging. Notser was quite frustrated of not getting Lightning after hundreds of chests... Check his video "I Hate RNG Containers" 

I understanding gambling part, but ripoff part i mentioned about the fact we getting very little new content from grinding part of event because t9 destroyer is hidden behind 30 k ge wall ( or less if someones lucky)

Besides better containes for GE have so little chance of getting planes from comparing to russian bb event its almoust impossible to get anything.

In russian BB event you basically got minimum 3 ship mission from 7 container bundle, i know lot of people who got all four.

I got 3 missions from big containers plus leningrad from 7  of them plus vladivostok mission from small container.

Now this- only one mission from 15big and about 10 small- its clear winning chance is abysmal on this one...

Russian BB event was "sudo gambling" because winning chance was pretty high and "reservation price" acceptable.

Now WG is back to "greedy as fuxx " mode.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

The CC's often get a stack of containers for free from WG, which they then open on stream (and there are rumours they are with increased RNG, to "show" the droprates are decent, which they aren't). They're as guilty as WG for promoting gambling. That Notser gets its panties in a twist adds more hypocrisy to the pile.

• Cool 3

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
30,957 battles
2 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

The CC's often get a stack of containers for free from WG, which they then open on stream (and there are rumours they are with increased RNG, to "show" the droprates are decent, which they aren't). They're as guilty as WG for promoting gambling. That Notser gets its panties in a twist adds more hypocrisy to the pile.

Ye but this time Notser WARNED people about very bad chance to get plans so he is ok for me this time ( but not for his praise to cv rework)

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,917 battles
4 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Watch the yesterday WeeGee stream, @Crysantos buyed one package for 1k doubloons and the 2nd one had Mogadore... So RIGGED!

At least it has a protection now. Yes it's quite high at 30k doubloons but you should understand that if it is pure RNG someone could end living in a cardboard box on the street

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
30,957 battles
5 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Watch the yesterday WeeGee stream, @Crysantos buyed one package for 1k doubloons and the 2nd one had Mogadore... So RIGGED!

At least it has a protection now. Yes it's quite high at 30k doubloons but you should understand that if it is pure RNG someone could end living in a cardboard box on the street

Ye i saw it life... He was so "ambarrased" by this... but everyone know they rigged it on purpose to make people take part in this "most fuxxed par of event invented by WG so far"

Im astonished by this crappy idea 30 x 1000 gold ripoff you must first FARM to participate in.

And "showing you the next "win" function is best of all- its designed to convince you to make one more step in spending your money  making you easier to accept next crappy loot in false hope grand prize will follow after that.

Its like playing russian ruilette and looking for bullet in revolver chamber

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,838 posts
11,256 battles
45 minutes ago, Sadzior said:

Got about 10 "normal" ones so far- no plans (mission) for ships looted.

Purchased 14 pack "big ones"- only  ONE plans - for Jaguar t5

Got totally 750 gold from them- purchased extra one "big"- got 150 gold from it but no plans for anything.

So far seems like very little chance to got plans, much lower than in "russian battleship containers"

So far very dissapointing event , yes we can farm some coal and "french tokens" but theres nothing to spent those tokens on.

Four "bundles " for tokens are OK, but the fifth with buying 30 bundles with mostly flags for 1000 gold each  ist just meh.

Premium cammos are so freakin uggly i wont touch them even if they pay me for using this crap.

What more- historical commanders  for 1500 gold each- Totally MEH because they dosent have ANY extra perks.
So we are supposed to pay 1500 ge for just picture and name??

( I posted list of possible perks connected to historical background of those commanders elswhere on forum. Par example Bonte  can get Vigilance- because some of his Z destroyers got torpedoed in Narvik)

A whole event is basically "Give us our GE".

You will get basically not much of value from it.

Only intressting thing is Bayard with is better to buy for cash or just wait when it goes for doubloons.
Scirocco can be farmed ( but we must wait so long time one forgotting during the grind what is this grind for)
Tree destroyers plans are depending on so slight random(???) chance is not even worth mentioning.

You can farm all day long and you will got it...or not so who gives a fuxx.

I liked british CV event when you got a value for grind NOT based on pure random chance.
If you wanted and you grinded you got ships and you was able to see progress and meaning in grind.
This is just awfull GE ripoff.

So for this great event my middle finger goes Up Up Up for you WG.

Gave up on purchasing these RNG loot boxes a long long time ago. Dont even know why WG bothers anymore if they not gonna bring you anything that you are after (the missions). I get that the regular ones you get fro free the chance is scarce at most, but the Premium ones you pay a lot of cash for?!?! Seriosly? Its not like we ask you to give away the bank here. People just want to get a mission, and are actually paying for the previlage.

So in short, dont buy into this scam. Its not worth it.

Then of course Flamu drops a new video of him opening 10 containers and gets all the T5-T8 missions AND a Missouri AND a Kutuzov AND a Belfast ...... RNG .... Hmmm

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,206 posts
33,727 battles
8 minutes ago, Episparh said:

OFC, the WG stream is great advert for that so the system have him T9 immediately. 

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,917 battles
2 minutes ago, Sadzior said:

Ye i saw it life... He was so "ambarrased" by this... but everyone know they rigged it on purpose to make people take part in this "most fuxxed par of event invented by WG so far"

Well, your chances increase with each package opened and fewer and fewer left, but only if it is pure RNG. I've worked briefly for a gambling company, I know how this win-the-pot algorithms can be forked. Most of the time it's not bad luck but amplified bad luck. 

• Cool 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

I know there is supposed to be an element of chance in buying containers, but I got all the Russian missions from 40 containers and only two missions from the French. As has been said I wish I'd spent my money on the Bayard instead.

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
30,957 battles

I remember once my friend had some  slot machines  - and inside on motherbord was jumpers to set "win chance".

It was possible to set machine to get small wins very often few times then accumulate more money in long term when player get hooked on.

Another setting was to open the bank sometimes when machine was not used a longer period of time.

There was a 2 cash boxes in machine- one to accumulate money and another to serve the wins....

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,917 battles
2 minutes ago, Sadzior said:

I remember once my friend had some  slot machines  - and inside on motherbord was jumpers to set "win chance".

It was possible to set machine to get small wins very often few times then accumulate more money in long term when player get hooked on.

Another setting was to open the bank sometimes when machine was not used a longer period of time.

There was a 2 cash boxes in machine- one to accumulate money and another to serve the wins....

Yep, usually there is something called turnover and then there are mechanism to lure people to be hooked again if despair preveils and they quit. The thing is that with fast data and streaming algorithms you can apply this to entire player base. 

P. S. I AM NOT SAYING WAR GAMING DOING THAT. Just saying that companies focused on gambling do it. 

Players
1,695 posts
12,075 battles
34 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Luxury! I used to dream of living in a cardboard! 

Y3HR4mC.jpg

[WCWVE]
Players
1,019 posts
16,254 battles

Mogador is nothing special really (got it on 10th random), finished all the ship missions so that gave me the republic tokens for the specials and had 11k doubloons in port, Le Fantasque and Vuaquelin are quite good but the other DD's are a little lacking, speed is not great and with no smoke they take the damage quite easily 

Players
74 posts
10,128 battles

Had some doubloons left in my account so I thought lets spent some of it on those French containers, perhaps I will be lucky and get one or two missions from it.

Lets say after spending 1500 doubloons .. zip, nadda, noppes, completely nothing.

Come on World Of Warships what are the odds 0000000000000000,1%  for getting such a mission ?

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

I see those crates as "10 oil for the clan", nothing more, nothing less. I'm a bit like a block of soap: the harder WG wants to squeeze me (for my money), the further I slip away. One squeeze harder (update 0.8.7 with the OP French Commander), and I've slipped so far away I'm in a (low) geostatitionary orbit.

• Cool 1

[PASOK]
Players
118 posts
498 battles

Hello from sunny Greece!!!

Is it possible to earn missions for all French destroyers? 

I mean that if I bought 14 containers is it possible to get 4 missions for 4 French dd?