Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
llHEROll

French Event question

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[IAIM]
Players
34 posts
9,402 battles

hi, might be a noob, or just not understanding the event. but after the first win on a ship how then do i make tokens?. i dont have any french dds. got a couple of hundred tokens for my ships but not enough to complete  event, and i have 117 ships. or new clan recruits who just came to wows think the event is excluding all new players, maybe i not sure.

can anyone enlighten me as to this event. thanking you in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,421 posts
4 minutes ago, llHEROll said:

but after the first win on a ship how then do i make tokens?

only other way are the missions for the 5 French DDs and the Bayard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SINT]
[SINT]
Players
696 posts
19,379 battles

You can only farm your ships once. For some it might not give enough to buy even the first ( out of 4 consequential rewards) some might even get 3. Only other means to get tokens is to finish a task for each ship. Four are silver lines ship that might drop from a crate, the 2 others are from premium ships you have to buy. Although one of them ( Sirocco) is a reward ship at the end of the directives grind.

 

So before you can gamble for the tier 9 dd you have to gamble for the additional ships from the crates...

 

For me WG really overstepped its greed this time and its a nice motivation for me not to spend any money or doubloons. Will happily grind the free tier V, ( easier then Hill) take the 2 first rewards that i can buy with the French tokens by playing my ships and if a ship drops from the free crates well thats a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,987 battles
2 hours ago, llHEROll said:

hi, might be a noob, or just not understanding the event. but after the first win on a ship how then do i make tokens?. i dont have any french dds. got a couple of hundred tokens for my ships but not enough to complete  event, and i have 117 ships. or new clan recruits who just came to wows think the event is excluding all new players, maybe i not sure.

can anyone enlighten me as to this event. thanking you in advance.

 

You claim the symbol only once per ship. 

 

You have few options for tokens:

1. Buying Bayard, getting early access ships and winning/buying Sirocco - each of these ships will give you a mission for 250 tokens. 

2. Buying new ships or rebuying the one you sold for knocking out their symbol. Just keep in mind that if you get the symbol, sell the ship and buy it again you will not get a new symbol. 

 

If you are a new player and lack the variety of ships you might have troubles completing the later directive missions, so look at them and decide if it worth for you to buy Bayard for example. 

 

Is it fair? Yes, you can still grind every silver line to catch up with people who played the game for years and have thousands of hours game play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
3,020 posts
30,671 battles

Its actually one of the very few events where collectors are favoured.. If I knock off every flake on all ships eligible in my port I get 1710 republic tokens and 24.900 coal plus 1000 doubloons and 20.000 coal for buying the first 4 bundles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BASIC]
Players
391 posts
19,220 battles
24 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Its actually one of the very few events where collectors are favoured.. If I knock off every flake on all ships eligible in my port I get 1710 republic tokens and 24.900 coal plus 1000 doubloons and 20.000 coal for buying the first 4 bundles.

I'm also happy that my ship collection became useful since steel/coal event.  1350 tokens and 14k coal for me :Smile_Default:. I'm just playing down the tiers and directives are done easy with this process.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,987 battles
8 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

I'm also happy that my ship collection became useful since steel/coal event.  1350 tokens and 14k coal for me :Smile_Default:. I'm just playing down the tiers and directives are done easy with this process.

I just wish there were more ways to earn port slots... I am usually buying them at discount but it is still a doubloons sink. I would gladly sped free xp, coal or credits for expansion of my port. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×