Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Myrmidon19

Losing features when upgrading hull

6 comments in this topic

Question

[NORKS]
Players
91 posts

Sometimes when you upgrade a hull you'll lose features that you previously had e.g. a spotting aircraft or catapult fighter. How the hell do you know that you're going to lose something before committing to a hull upgrade?

5 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,333 posts
12,788 battles

The only way to know really is checking beforehand on one of the tool sites like https://wowsft.com/

But otherwise, 99% of ships are better with their top hulls. The only ships that come to mind that aren't "better" are all of the US DDs with C Hulls that replace a main gun with more AA and the premium US DD Monaghan which is basically two ships in one with pretty distinct differences between hulls.

[MORIA]
Players
7,197 posts
33,643 battles

On Udaloi you lose... Concealment on B hull. Richelieu - you lose fighter for better AA, Nurnberg C hull you lose torpedo tubes, on USN DDs C hull means less guns bit you equip Def AA. But these cases are rare, mostly you benefit a lot from upgrading. 

[NORKS]
Players
91 posts
On 7/26/2019 at 1:07 PM, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

The only way to know really is checking beforehand on one of the tool sites like https://wowsft.com/

Wow this site is amazing. You mention tool sites like there are lots. Are there any others? Would be cool as hell if things like this were sticky'd on the forums.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,333 posts
12,788 battles

Theres also gamemodels3d which is privately run and requires a one time donation to access most features but also had model viewer, armor viewer and module viewer.

Wows-Numbers is mostly used by players for performance stats but it also has a ship comparison tool under the warships section that can be useful for comparing a ships stats on-paper (though like most it doesnt compare the benefits and deficits of a ships armor scheme).

That's all I can think of when it comes to ship stats, I don't think I've needed anywhere for ingame ship info and remaining test ship info comes from the dev blog which now has a forum category.

[NORKS]
Players
91 posts
10 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Theres also gamemodels3d which is privately run and requires a one time donation to access most features but also had model viewer, armor viewer and module viewer.

Wows-Numbers is mostly used by players for performance stats but it also has a ship comparison tool under the warships section that can be useful for comparing a ships stats on-paper (though like most it doesnt compare the benefits and deficits of a ships armor scheme).

That's all I can think of when it comes to ship stats, I don't think I've needed anywhere for ingame ship info and remaining test ship info comes from the dev blog which now has a forum category.

Wow much appreciated dude!

Sign in to follow this