Sign in to follow this  
lIll_lIlI

WG: 2 options: Hakuryu torps

8 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
70 battles

So wargaming, 2 options for you:

1. Admit that you removed Hakuryu's 8km torps because it was able to be used without heavy plane's loss meaning the "official" reason that they "underperform" was a [edited]/obvious lie-slap to our faces thinking we are that dumb or

2. bring them back because players WANTS them.

optional option: start removing EVERYTHING THAT UNDERPERFORMS. Do i need to start naming thing that underperforms?

@MrConway

@Crysantos

@SerB ffs

@restofthosewhofkingdidthat

• Boring 1

[UAC]
Players
654 posts
2,214 battles

Lel then remove graf zeppelin and saipan because they have a severe case of "underperforming" :cap_rambo::Smile_teethhappy:

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,012 posts
7,981 battles

Underperforming? They were absolute garbage with the nerfs. 1.3 km arming distance with 40 knots of speed? You had to be an absolute muppet to take a hit post nerf even against a full stealth build Haku. I for one thank them for the free XP and credits.

• Cool 2

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
10,914 battles

I was still using them after the nerf with success sometimes, The reason was that i rely more on dive bombers for raw damage and i make good use of rocketers on dd's and cruiser, so tb is what i use the less so i prefeared to unload their ordinance as fast as possible and aiming trought the minimap i was a le to do 2 hidden drop quite accurate and a closer one who rarely miss the target

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,012 posts
7,981 battles
33 minutes ago, zordage said:

I am not playing her on daily bases but when was the nerf ( change ) on the torp's range ? 

Several months ago. They were nerfed to the point where their arming range became unbearable and the speed was hit aswell. Damage was still good and you did drop 4 torps, but with the 2 plane strike you have the same damage output, 10 knots faster torps and just over half the arming distance meaning you get much more reliable dmage and floods. Not to mention with more strikes per squad and easier to use torps the damage potential was so heavily skewed against the long range torps that they had no reason to exist.

Yeah the long range ones could occasionaly land a hit but it was just annoying work for little reward, so honestly I'm just happy about the 30k free XP and move on.

[LEEUW]
Players
39 posts
3,977 battles

It was mainly to prevent new players from looking at the stats and thinking: 'the type 8 is better!' and fail horribly.

You can make type 8 torps work, but you need to use them like a flying Destroyer, which is questionable at best.

Sign in to follow this