You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

0.86 Lighting is crap, everything is too bright and shiny

53 comments in this topic

[MORIA]
Players
7,195 posts
33,622 battles

And more serious : Everybody yelled there's too much darkness and shadows on ports and maps. So they tweaked it all to be more shiny. It is what it is. 

Guess Ill die 21072019132442.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
1,662 posts
8,112 battles
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

And more serious : Everybody yelled there's too much darkness and shadows on ports and maps. So they tweaked it all to be more shiny. It is what it is. 

Guess Ill die 21072019132442.jpg

3 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Different port:

image.thumb.png.d9e39a2a8adf5720a1b6aecb

image.thumb.png.54d7fbac86dc5519d60e1b137e631ec1.png

Thats a big difference bro, and no it is not what it is or should be. Pumping up the brightness is not boosting graphical effects.

Look how much detail is lost

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,195 posts
33,622 battles
Just now, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Thats a big difference bro, and no it is what it is or should be. Pumping up the brightness is not boosting graphical effects.

Look how much detail is lost

Yes they just pumped up the brightness. Which isn't a universal solution. They have to reeee work (yes rework again ) every map brightness. 

Players
1,662 posts
8,112 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Yes they just pumped up the brightness. Which isn't a universal solution. They have to reeee work (yes rework again ) every map brightness. 

So rework the maps or graphics engine, dont fu.. with my settings

Players
1,094 posts
11,113 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Everybody yelled there's too much darkness

1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Everyone is moaning on the US Forums so hopefully this will get fixed:

Lets not be that liberal with the word "everybody" : did not care before, certanly do not care about it now.

• Cool 6

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
15,849 battles
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

And what about: "Everybody yelled: Give us night battles?" Nothing happened yet...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PNAVY]
Players
1,192 posts
38,000 battles

Wargaming needs a REAL artist team to design and light up their maps. Some maps like "Tears Of The Desert" are so lame and poor in terms of artistic point of view. All you can see is blue and yellow and that's it.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,861 posts
9,421 battles

No port looks like that for me.

I think there's something wrong with your graphics, or you forgot that you were using some 3rd party post-processing.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,130 posts
7,085 battles
33 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

No port looks like that for me.

I think there's something wrong with your graphics, or you forgot that you were using some 3rd party post-processing.

my ports are ok as well. don't know whats wrong with OP

Players
6,388 posts
245 battles

The first set of images i dont see much of a problem.

Second set however jesus christ lol. 

Cant wait for patch 1.0 when they switch from bug world to havoc that wil be interesting.

Beta Tester
701 posts
11,549 battles

We have no idea what you have done with your settings, but new lightning model is fine on my end.

Looking into sun is somewhat unconfortable but you can still do everything. I like it, but not played enough yet to make final decision.

Players
1,662 posts
8,112 battles
28 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

We have no idea what you have done with your settings, but new lightning model is fine on my end.

Looking into sun is somewhat unconfortable but you can still do everything. I like it, but not played enough yet to make final decision.

I could make a video of my settings and then the ports / maps but it wont change the fact that they have screwed up the brightness.

Fact is before the update, the game was not so bright that depth perception is now so severely affected, that finer ship details have lost their texture.

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,185 posts
6,718 battles
38 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I could make a video of my settings and then the ports / maps but it wont change the fact that they have screwed up the brightness.

Fact is before the update, the game was not so bright that depth perception is now so severely affected, that finer ship details have lost their texture.

Have you tried adjusting your brightness an contrast on your monotor to compensate? It's the 21st centry after all.  :Smile_facepalm:

• Boring 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,104 battles
7 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Have you tried adjusting your brightness an contrast on your monotor to compensate? It's the 21st centry after all.  :Smile_facepalm:

And after quitting the game he should change the setings back? One of the great brilliant suggestions of the 21st century for sure.

• Cool 1

Players
1,662 posts
8,112 battles
7 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Im not going to adjust my settings to compensate for the change thats been forced on to my game.

Please read the us forums, people are complaining of problems seeing text on the screen because they use reading glasses and the brightness distorts the text.

So its not a monitor problem you idiot, and if you are not dev or wg staff member stop quoting me. Because I am bored of replying to dumb comments such as yours.....

• Cool 2

Players
9,359 posts
10,991 battles
8 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

And what about: "Everybody yelled: Give us night battles?" Nothing happened yet...

36juxr.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

I suppose if you spend so much time in your bedroom playing WoWs things like the glare of the sun at sunrise and sunset or the full moon on water is something that won't match the cartoon graphics previously used by WG. So long as this is just an effect in the port I think it adds a breath of fresh air to what can otherwise look like a kids colouring-in book.

• Bad 2

Modder
190 posts
8,149 battles

If I'm not mistaken, those two screenshots are not from official ports, but from mod ports. Obviously, the mods had been tweaked to look best with the old lighting system, and now they will have to be tweaked again. Such is the life of a mod maker. I don't really see Wargaming at fault here, at least not with those two examples.

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,228 posts
3,590 battles
10 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

@Crysantos @MrConway @TanatoyWhat is this?

Before 

image.thumb.png.5a531a37a04778754d0de252

After 

image.thumb.png.82b52c9362cbd20d8ac1931a647b5f97.png

That's a Yamato.

9 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Too much blue:

image.thumb.png.71c30385b4edd78872406db77450e6c7.png

The sea is, indeed, generally blue. 

1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

ISo its not a monitor problem you idiot, and if you are not dev or wg staff member stop quoting me. Because I am bored of replying to dumb comments such as yours.....

Calm and relaxation is always a nice thing to develop. :)

So, so far as we can say is that this situation is connected with mods. Do you have this issue without using any mods? 

If so, could you try posting a screenshot here in the same way that you did for the Yamato, but by running the game in safe mode?

Thanks in advance, 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3