MacArthur92

Bayard

48 comments in this topic

[P-W-C]
Players
5,200 posts
28,633 battles
1 minute ago, Hanse77SWE said:

can confirm that she has 29 mm of penn on the HE. Same firechance as Cleveland, 12%.

Without IFHE I guess

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
438 posts
4 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

I played one random (a loss), one co-op for the "french-cross-thingy" and then two more co-op to get the full 15k.

Hanse just to be clear: I think is a good ship, perhaps more difficult to play than Others similar ones. The reason I will not buy it is simply because Tier VIII MM at the moment is a disaster.

[-YR-]
Players
438 posts
2 minutes ago, Mr_Smasher said:

image.thumb.png.15c200f894badd60c24ce5143938776f.png

Yes this is the gymmick of the ship which oddly was not advertised in the Armada video. 

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
617 posts
12,486 battles
14 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Hanse just to be clear: I think is a good ship, perhaps more difficult to play than Others similar ones. The reason I will not buy it is simply because Tier VIII MM at the moment is a disaster.

It's the same it's been the last four years and I don't mind. Higher tier target means more XP.:Smile_trollface:

The problem isn't that T8s get into T10 game but that the T10s are so passive that the bottom tier ships has to push and risk their necks. The reason I don't like high tier games is that they are boring because people play boring.

• Cool 2

[N_S_F]
Players
1,031 posts

image.png.840ba3b5acec74399076ba9ee2f815aa.png

I dont like this, I keep pressing T for reload Boost

image.png.32eed0f73c6af1c1ba543ae206f91098.png

Because on the DD line it is this:-

image.png.6c9585b61a01f7c7a3cdd06eff1db718.png

I would make that a standard letter, I feel that is sloppy attention to detail, unless it was meant to be like this to waist consumables ???

[-YR-]
Players
438 posts
22 minutes ago, Mr_Smasher said:

I dont like this, I keep pressing T for reload Boost

Not really sure and I have just closed the game but check the settings in port. go to controls and see if you can change it. 

[N_S_F]
Players
1,031 posts
26 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:
27 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Not really sure and I have just closed the game but check the settings in port. go to controls and see if you can change it. 

Wilco Thank you

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,811 posts
10,099 battles

Although they feel relatively floaty, her shells are faster than Clevelands. They sit somewhere inbetween US and RU 152mm shells. Both island-camping and open-water-gunboating are possible.

I am very pleased with the ship so far. As long as you can avoid getting hit by BBs (be it with its great speed, concealment or an island), it can really do anything. Flexibility+dpm is just such a wonderful combination. 

In fact I already beat my previous highest damage for T8 cruisers.

shot-19_07.28_14_00.46-0203.thumb.jpg.2a32501f5246035a93a59bcb9b922169.jpg

• Cool 1

[BUSHI]
Players
3,763 posts
19,271 battles
2 hours ago, allufewig said:

Although they feel relatively  floaty, her shells are faster than Clevelands. They sit somewhere inbetween US and RU 152mm shells.

You are right. I don't have Bayard, but from Youtube i get his HE time of travel on 13.04 km and looked in training room at Chapa/Cleve/Balti.

So on 13.04 km it looks like this:

Chapayew HE:   7.72s

US 203mm HE: 8.45s (from Balti to Des)

Bayard HE:         8.73s (the same as De Grasse)

Cleveland HE:    10.6s

[B0TS]
Players
232 posts
18,787 battles
On 7/25/2019 at 1:36 PM, MacArthur92 said:

Hello there, wanted to ask about Bayard. Is she worth the price? How does she perform?

Someone just gifted me one and here is my first game in her. With ifhe

shot-19.08.02_20.41.50-0800.jpg

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
5,200 posts
28,633 battles
21 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

Someone just gifted me one and here is my first game in her. With ifhe

shot-19.08.02_20.41.50-0800.jpg

I already bought it but I'm having a breake from the game (last time I played in mid July, was a really bad experience) . Some clanmate also bought it and he's really enjoying it. 

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,343 posts
3,708 battles
On 7/28/2019 at 12:11 PM, CaptStevSmith said:

Interesting.

When " a player " pays for signals and modules and goes into a random game and finds theirs some work in progress super ship, example test Exeter with smoke is that fair to the player who paid the money?

Would it be better to test work in progress ships with other super test ships?

If the super test ship is going to change, while this " ship " hasn't changed yet the " super test" statistics are invalid.

You are the one that brought up super tester.

Happy Super testing 

Hey, is it any better to realease a ship without balance testing it and just unleash hundreds of overpowered ships on the game? And then when people who can't fork out money complain nerf them so that the people who forked the money out will complain? 

You can't have a balanced premium and not have testing. You will have to live with the fact that ships need to be tested before they are released.

EDIT: but turn the question on its head: seeing as how ST ships don't earn achievements and their statitics don't register during testing, is it fair for the supertesters to use their own worked-for resources to run the ships in actual configuration to get actual valid statistical data out of them? 

• Cool 1

[N_S_F]
Players
1,031 posts
2 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

Hey, is it any better to realease a ship without balance testing it and just unleash hundreds of overpowered ships on the game? And then when people who can't fork out money complain nerf them so that the people who forked the money out will complain? 

You can't have a balanced premium and not have testing. You will have to live with the fact that ships need to be tested before they are released.

why not test them in an environment of other " test ships" or give back the non test ships signals and or modules to the player?

I find it very frustrating that I have to change my game plan to go out and deal with a Colbert.

I also find it frustrating that community contributes get a test ship and when it comes to market its a different ship, I feel NO 1st impressions should be on you tube, only the finished ship should be viewed, how ever in this

" Capitalist Imperialist" world, it is  BUYER BE WARE 

[QTANG]
Players
1,170 posts
18,663 battles
On 8/11/2019 at 1:39 PM, CaptStevSmith said:

why not test them in an environment of other " test ships"

Stupid idea. New ships need to be tested with and against a representative sample of the currently played ships otherwise the whole idea behind the test turns into an utter farce.

Just as an example recently the main ships i've seen in testing on high tier were: Bayard, Colbert, Smolensk, Somers and the RU BBs.

I.e. 1 torp-focused DD, 3 cover-focused HE-spammers and the most HE-resistant ships this side or Narnia.

The results would have been ludicrous.

or give back the non test ships signals and or modules to the player? 

I find it very frustrating that I have to change my game plan to go out and deal with a Colbert.

What if there is a 3-man divion from RAIN or OMNI or WG2PW on the other team ?

What if half your team can't play right now because their glue would get cold ?
What if your team has the OMNI-div spawn on your side and everything red dies long before it gets into your effective range ?

What if you detonate or eat an unlucky cit that leaves you with a dead engine and no dmg-con for the enemy to feast on ?

What if a Gearing+Worchester-div (optionally +CV for extra despair) really really wants you dead ?

Case and point:

You have to "change your game" a lot anyways. That's the nature of a MMO with semi-random MM.

Calling for an exception just because there's a test-ship on the other team is either asking too much or way too little.

• Cool 2

[P-W-C]
Players
5,200 posts
28,633 battles

Well, I played 2 battles on it, both amazing against T6. Killing DDs on this is a real masterpiece. Big thumbs up :cap_like:

Beta Tester
1,629 posts
9,161 battles

I love it :Smile_trollface:

My best T8 cruiser and Its not even a top captain

Just gifted One to my daughter :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
9 posts
4,072 battles

I have it, so far its ok, gun angles are not ideal, its not an mino, the only main problem i find is no heal. I tend to hug islands if i can or kite angled away and set everything on fire. Managed to do 150k in it but T10 MM dont have mercy

Beta Tester
1,629 posts
9,161 battles

Bayard and a Heal ? That is just impossible, would make her OP. A Smolensk at T8.

Of all T8 cruisers Bayard has

The best WR (54,33 %)

the best av dmg by far (59000)

the best av experience

No really, no additional smoke needed, all fine as it is :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this