Sign in to follow this  
MacArthur92

Bayard

48 comments in this topic

[MORIA]
Players
7,181 posts
33,584 battles

Hello there, wanted to ask about Bayard. Is she worth the price? How does she perform?

Players
1,548 posts
4 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Hello there, wanted to ask about Bayard. Is she worth the price? How does she perform?

Please remember The ship community contributors test are "WORK IN PROGRESS" and might not be the ship you GET  case in point Exeter in test, had smoke and was over powered, In game mode its a Lemon!

[MORIA]
Players
7,181 posts
33,584 battles
1 minute ago, Mr_Smasher said:

Please remember The ship community contributors test are "WORK IN PROGRESS" and might not be the ship you GET  case in point Exeter in test, had smoke and was over powered, In game mode its a Lemon!

Yeah I know. That's why I asked about those who bought it already. It's available on premium shop. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,181 posts
33,584 battles
3 minutes ago, Mr_Smasher said:

I have one, but not had time to play it yet, so I cant help you as yet.

image.png.713804bd3556dc80999791e65bcf520f.png

image.thumb.png.2e6d1614b3c874e66484cc20157cf763.png

No hurry. I'll wait for some opinions :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Players
1,548 posts

2 games in it so far :-

It feels slow, the gun angles are not good,

image.thumb.png.4182b6be3716d3714d8a9794fc17c9f2.png

image.png.359c04e1d1e1429673aa067121b44dd2.png

image.png.77240be7f338e0755e0254f9fef5b986.png

After Only 2 games I can already tell its NOT WORTH THE MONEY, its going to be a struggle getting your DMP and coins, in a a T10 T9 MM, and I am running IFHE 

image.thumb.png.310e66ea2db66c5e43b5567eab660dff.png

This is one large area to aim at 

image.thumb.png.835f093dc46367e6125d924d9d45099e.png

image.thumb.png.606edc992250e7b5d54a3637542f640b.png

Sorry 66 euros * My Bad

• Cool 1

Players
1,548 posts

I honestly think if you must be a Ubar French Cruiser Captain your better grinding the Henri and then you can not be up tiered at the moment can you Only out played 

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
315 posts
5,799 battles

The first game I played yesterday the enemy team had a Bayard. I was polite to ask all chat what ship is that and 5 minutes later killed it in my Fat Freddy. Wasn´t even targeting him so much but the thing takes a lot of BB AP dmg and citadels. Guess you can make it work but if I see one in the future I think I will shoot them ASAP as it gives nice xp rewards and credits... for me. :cat_bubble:

My 2 cents from the opposing team.

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
315 posts
5,799 battles

Flamu seems to like it.. in it´s current state. However he is Flamu. I couldn´t stand a cruiser that is made of such RNG glass. I raged enough in the pre-buff Ibuki thank you very much. :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,181 posts
33,584 battles
1 minute ago, TohtoriP said:

Flamu seems to like it.. in it´s current state. However he is Flamu. I couldn´t stand a cruiser that is made of such RNG glass. I raged enough in the pre-buff Ibuki thank you very much. :cap_fainting:

Heh, you didn't play the Molotov then.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,994 posts
10,813 battles

Well I got the ship and it is what it is: a very squishy light cruiser. 

Its like a variation of the Cleve.

Same arcs, a bit more range, same Cleveland playstyle.

You exchange radar and a bit armor for speed- and reloadbooster and torps.

For me a good deal, i like it.

My Henri captain with IFHE is at the helm.

Is it worth 40,- € ? Is a Cleveland worth 40 ? Thats an individual decision. I am a collector, i m good with it.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,399 posts
4,112 battles
On 7/25/2019 at 4:48 PM, Mr_Smasher said:

2 games in it so far :-

It feels slow, the gun angles are not good,

image.thumb.png.4182b6be3716d3714d8a9794fc17c9f2.png

image.png.359c04e1d1e1429673aa067121b44dd2.png

image.png.77240be7f338e0755e0254f9fef5b986.png

After Only 2 games I can already tell its NOT WORTH THE MONEY, its going to be a struggle getting your DMP and coins, in a a T10 T9 MM, and I am running IFHE 

image.thumb.png.310e66ea2db66c5e43b5567eab660dff.png

This is one large area to aim at 

image.thumb.png.835f093dc46367e6125d924d9d45099e.png

image.thumb.png.606edc992250e7b5d54a3637542f640b.png

Sorry 66 euros * My Bad

I'm sorry, what? 

I bought the ship after supertesting it, and she's just as good as she was in ST. She is well worth the price, and noone is forcing you to buy a premium in a bundle with junk you have little use for. That skin looks horrendous, if you paid money for it, I can agree with the not worth the money statememnt, but otherwise the ship is a good dakkaboat. You're not gonna be carrying games in the ship alone, especially when bottom tier, but it's well worth its asking price.

Players
1,548 posts
5 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Heh, you didn't play the Molotov then.

I think the Molotov is one of the best looking ships in the game, If it had some armour I would play it a lot, as much as I love the looks , I love getting past the H line more.

image.thumb.png.b6572045f8f47741f68a7f9d259468be.png

• Cool 1

Players
1,548 posts
1 hour ago, piritskenyer said:

I bought the ship after supertesting it, and she's just as good as she was in ST. She is well worth the price, and noone is forcing you to buy a premium in a bundle with junk you have little use for. That skin looks horrendous, if you paid money for it, I can agree with the not worth the money statememnt, but otherwise the ship is a good dakkaboat. You're not gonna be carrying games in the ship alone, especially when bottom tier, but it's well worth its asking price.

1 hour ago, piritskenyer said:

I'm sorry, what? 

Sounds Interesting, Very Cool sailing,

How many battles does a ship get in a super test?

Do I get paid to become a super tester, and if so how much is the salary ? 

Beta Tester
1,994 posts
10,813 battles

I love my Molotov but its not the same playstyle.

In Molotov you always wait for the chance to score with these fabulous uncomparable AP.

Bayard reminds me more of a Atlanta. Exzellent camo 9,6 km, high ROF, you are looking for cover und HE is the choice of ammo. And everything that Hits you hurts badly

[MORIA]
Players
7,181 posts
33,584 battles
29 minutes ago, Mr_Smasher said:

I think the Molotov is one of the best looking ships in the game, If it had some armour I would play it a lot, as much as I love the looks , I love getting past the H line more.

image.thumb.png.b6572045f8f47741f68a7f9d259468be.png

Yep a sleek design. Though it's a modified copy of Italian design. Italian cruisers on the way :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,246 posts
4,972 battles
3 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yep a sleek design. Though it's a modified copy of Italian design. Italian cruisers on the way :Smile_smile:

Although notably the ship that is the basis of the Molly/Kirov is not among them..

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,399 posts
4,112 battles
On 7/26/2019 at 7:23 PM, Mr_Smasher said:

Sounds Interesting, Very Cool sailing,

How many battles does a ship get in a super test?

Do I get paid to become a super tester, and if so how much is the salary ? 

ST is voluntary and unpaid, the reward is that you get to play the ships early and whatever you earn off them (be that ridicuus amount of credits or mental disrders) you get to keep (there are other rewards, but none of them are monetary and I don't like discussing ST matters outside of ST). Ships get as many battles as they can to establish a good enough sample size, and given that there are literally more than 200 people doing the testing, that is not that difficult. There are goals set up to meet that insures that people play the ships enough.

Players
1,548 posts
5 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

ST is voluntary and unpaid, the reward is that you get to play the ships early and whatever you earn off them (be that ridicuus amount of credits or mental disrders) you get to keep (there are other rewards, but none of them are monetary and I don't like discussing ST matters outside of ST). Ships get as many battles as they can to establish a good enough sample size, and given that there are literally more than 200 people doing the testing, that is not that difficult. There are goals set up to meet that insures that people play the ships enough.

Interesting.

When " a player " pays for signals and modules and goes into a random game and finds theirs some work in progress super ship, example test Exeter with smoke is that fair to the player who paid the money?

Would it be better to test work in progress ships with other super test ships?

If the super test ship is going to change, while this " ship " hasn't changed yet the " super test" statistics are invalid.

You are the one that brought up super tester.

Happy Super testing 

[-YR-]
Players
575 posts
On 7/25/2019 at 2:36 PM, MacArthur92 said:

Hello MacArthur92

this morning I did a little research about how succesful has been this new ship in selling. As you know WG usually Dont release this data, so we can only make a guess.

However below you will find out the recent stats according to one of the most reliable website. 

I would say she perform very well BUT perhaps because it' s in the hand of good / above average players.

Let start with EU server followed by NA, RU and Asia

One thing that somehow surprise me is the little amount of games over 3/4 days since the release.

EU for example: 1060 games mean an average of 250/ 270 x day since release. Assuming a new owner is playing between 7 and 10 games per day with the new baby, this should mean WG has sold more or less 100/150 Bayard . 

Not a big hit so far.

The cinderella is RU server with only 83 games in 3 days! probably around 8/10 sold units. 

Bayard EU.png

Bayard NA.png

Bayard RU.png

Bayard Asia.png

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,274 posts
15,536 battles

Compared to Cleveland.

+ Faster turrets, torps, high speed, better range. 

- Less armor, worse AA, slower reload, slower rudder, worse detection by 360 m.

The guns is very "Cleve-ish" and I had no problem lobbing shells over islands.

I like her.

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,274 posts
15,536 battles
10 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

EU for example: 1060 games mean an average of 250/ 270 x day since release. Assuming a new owner is playing between 7 and 10 games per day with the new baby, this should mean WG has sold more or less 100/150 Bayard .

I've had mine since day 1 and I've played one game in her. Remember that we have an event right now were you have to play a whole lot of different ships so I doubt many have time to play the same ship over and over again.

[-YR-]
Players
575 posts
1 minute ago, Hanse77SWE said:

I've had mine since day 1 and I've played one game in her. Remember that we have an event right now were you have to play a whole lot of different ships so I doubt many have time to play the same ship over and over again.

Yes I knnow, But at the same time you have the special mission to get 250 Rep coins. So you would probably play it.

And to be honest I don't think this event can be so appealing to many. Cause the final reward (mogador) is only a silver ship that you have to pay dobloons to unlock when in a couple of month you can get it simply playing (if you really enjoy the line). 

[-YR-]
Players
575 posts
9 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Compared to Cleveland.

+ Faster turrets, torps, high speed, better range. 

- Less armor, worse AA, slower reload, slower rudder, worse detection by 360 m.

The guns is very "Cleve-ish" and I had no problem lobbing shells over islands.

I like her.

I would mention on the plus the special penetration of HE shells wich according to Flamu (as I don't have it) is 1/5 of caliber instead of the regular 1/6. 

perhaps some of the owners can confirm it. 

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,274 posts
15,536 battles
14 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Yes I knnow, But at the same time you have the special mission to get 250 Rep coins. So you would probably play it.

And to be honest I don't think this event can be so appealing to many. Cause the final reward (mogador) is only a silver ship that you have to pay dobloons to unlock when in a couple of month you can get it simply playing (if you really enjoy the line). 

I played one random (a loss), one co-op for the "french-cross-thingy" and then two more co-op to get the full 15k.

13 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

I would mention on the plus the special penetration of HE shells wich according to Flamu (as I don't have it) is 1/5 of caliber instead of the regular 1/6. 

perhaps some of the owners can confirm it. 

I can confirm that she has 29 mm of penn on the HE. Same firechance as Cleveland, 12%.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this