You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cpt_Andre

Can't reach the carrot on a stick, please just give me an apple

17 comments in this topic

[KVK]
Players
497 posts
17,219 battles

Hello Wargaming,

your Rogue Wave event just ended and with my limited free time i was able to collect almost 300 tokens.

Now take a look what prices i can exchange for these tokens:

shot-19_07.23_17_07_07-0816.thumb.jpg.74e8b55cefe1953957b11279a797219f.jpg

Please add more prices to this that are also achievable for players with limited time.

(I fine with the amount of token for the main reward, this topic is not about lowering the prices in an F2P game...) 

I startet the game the last weeks(months) and my thoughts were:

* Rogue wave!?

--> I'm not able to collect all tokens and there are no other rewards than credits (not needed), camouflages (more than enough available) 

and premium time (3 days premium == 9...12 random games)

--> So, why bother?

* Texas for free!?

--> I'm not able to fulfill all missions in time (also Texas is already available)

--> So, why bother?

* USS Hill Marathon

--> I'm not able to fulfill all missions in time

--> So, why bother?

* Victory Part 2

--> I made a spreadsheet and was able to collect enough tokens to receive the unique commander Nikolay Kuznetsov 

token.thumb.png.4dbd7da5ab20eaae7ebe69ebc57397e9.png

--> Other than the commander and the Murmansk there were again only credits, camouflages, premium time and gambling container avaiable.

In total I collected 594 token in my free time, enough for commander Nikolay Kuznetsov.

shot-19_07.23_17_07.16-0116.thumb.jpg.5d5f9207d5121f268bcadb3f6c279940.jpg

--> Yay! Thx for commander Nikolay Kuznetsov!

* Victory Part 1

--> Okay, collected over time ~1020 token, while 1500 token were needed for Lazo.
      Spend all token on credits, because i dont need camouflages, premium time or gambling containers...

--> My feeling during starting the game during "Victory Pt 1": "why bother?"

... why bother? ...

... why bother? ...

... why bother? ...

... and so on ...

Please give players with limited time something else than credits, camouflages, premium time or gambling containers as "low tier" reward.

I understand that you WG need the shiny carrot on a stick, were players will invest alot of time and/or money on it.

That's okay, but please give me just an apple...

Something that lures me out of my 5...7 coop games (to fufill one set of daily missions) that i play in splitscreen while watching Youtube. (limited free time == multitasking required to maximize free time ...)

Something that i can archive while playing the game regularly within a clear time frame.

Thx

• Cool 4

Players
10,674 posts
12,148 battles
3 minutes ago, Cpt_Andre said:

Please add more prices to this that are also achievable for players with limited time

Precisely why it won't happen. Either grind your soul away or pay up if you want shiny [insert ship name]. Which seems to be WG recipe as of late.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, Cpt_Andre said:

Please give players with limited time something else than credits, camouflages, premium time or gambling containers as "low tier" reward

Which would leave... Premium ships? :cap_hmm:

Victory part 1 had Perma Camos for several T8 russian ships, which isnt bad if you couldnt get the Lazo.

Victory part 2 had Murmansk if you didnt get the captain. If you had the Murmansk already, you got doubloons which is even better

Texas grind... who doesnt have Texas by now? Well, i didnt and i got it 4 free. Also, it was totaly additional for US independence day... wouldnt even compare that to any major grind. I say it was rather easy to get without much effort.

Hill: If you couldnt do 5 out of 10 * 4 directives in one month, i say you dont even deserve the Hill...

Rogue Wave: Its the only one i agree with, as it was Benham or nothing.

Couple of years ago, we had 1 week missions giving T2 ship as rewards, requiring often 2,5k BaseXP final stage which isnt common for majority of players. One could say, its been easier now than it used to be. More grind, but less skill required. Id prefer it vice versa, but so many people used to whine about skill-based mission requirements. Blame them for the grindy crap we have now :cap_old:

Beta Tester
2,309 posts
13,214 battles
10 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Which would leave... Premium ships? :cap_hmm:

Victory part 1 had Perma Camos for several T8 russian ships, which isnt bad if you couldnt get the Lazo.

Victory part 2 had Murmansk if you didnt get the captain. If you had the Murmansk already, you got doubloons which is even better

Texas grind... who doesnt have Texas by now? Well, i didnt and i got it 4 free. Also, it was totaly additional for US independence day... wouldnt even compare that to any major grind. I say it was rather easy to get without much effort.

Hill: If you couldnt do 5 out of 10 * 4 directives in one month, i say you dont even deserve the Hill...

Rogue Wave: Its the only one i agree with, as it was Benham or nothing.

Couple of years ago, we had 1 week missions giving T2 ship as rewards, requiring often 2,5k BaseXP final stage which isnt common for majority of players. One could say, its been easier now than it used to be. More grind, but less skill required. Id prefer it vice versa, but so many people used to whine about skill-based mission requirements. Blame them for the grindy crap we have now :cap_old:

Regarding this, has anyone else a issue where they cant find the Vladivostok camo? I am 98% certain I purchased it during the event because I was never gonna be able to get the Captain in time, but at the time I didnt have the ship, I was only at T7 Sinop. Now I unlocked the Vlad and I cant find the Premium camo?!

Players
938 posts

- I grinded the Lazo

- I didint grind that special russian captain, but got the perma camo for Ognevoi. I didint bother with Vladivostok, cause I had zero interest in grinding imaginary ships. Sprinted Ranked opend my eyes on those suckers, gotta get me that OP, devastriking line.

- I grinded the Hill

-I grinded enough tokens for Benham.

Now a new grind is coming and I found myself playing for grinding and not for fun....I think I'll keep a break from this game...or from the grind-event atleast.

Feeling tired.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,946 posts
20,183 battles
34 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

Now a new grind is coming and I found myself playing for grinding and not for fun....I think I'll keep a break from this game...or from the grind-event atleast.

Feeling tired.

I've had that feeling for a little while. Didn't really engage with the Victory event (it was there, I played, I got the Murmansk which I didn't really care about), the Rogue Wave event was junk - Benham out of reach, Hill unexciting, new game mode dull, so I took the opportunity to play other things for a while and (hopefully) return to WoWS with renewed enthusiasm when the French DD main line comes out - that won't be until 0.8.8, though, as I'm not bothering with this early access shenanigans.

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
11 hours ago, Cpt_Andre said:

Hello Wargaming,

your Rogue Wave event just ended and with my limited free time i was able to collect almost 300 tokens.

Now take a look what prices i can exchange for these tokens:

shot-19_07.23_17_07_07-0816.thumb.jpg.74e8b55cefe1953957b11279a797219f.jpg

Please add more prices to this that are also achievable for players with limited time.

(I fine with the amount of token for the main reward, this topic is not about lowering the prices in an F2P game...) 

I startet the game the last weeks(months) and my thoughts were:

* Rogue wave!?

--> I'm not able to collect all tokens and there are no other rewards than credits (not needed), camouflages (more than enough available) 

and premium time (3 days premium == 9...12 random games)

--> So, why bother?

* Texas for free!?

--> I'm not able to fulfill all missions in time (also Texas is already available)

--> So, why bother?

* USS Hill Marathon

--> So, why bother?

* Victory Part 2

--> I made a spreadsheet and was able to collect enough tokens to receive the unique commander Nikolay Kuznetsov 

token.thumb.png.4dbd7da5ab20eaae7ebe69ebc57397e9.png

--> Other than the commander and the Murmansk there were again only credits, camouflages, premium time and gambling container avaiable.

In total I collected 594 token in my free time, enough for commander Nikolay Kuznetsov.

shot-19_07.23_17_07.16-0116.thumb.jpg.5d5f9207d5121f268bcadb3f6c279940.jpg

--> Yay! Thx for commander Nikolay Kuznetsov!

* Victory Part 1

--> Okay, collected over time ~1020 token, while 1500 token were needed for Lazo.
      Spend all token on credits, because i dont need camouflages, premium time or gambling containers...

--> My feeling during starting the game during "Victory Pt 1": "why bother?"

... why bother? ...

... why bother? ...

... why bother? ...

... and so on ...

Please give players with limited time something else than credits, camouflages, premium time or gambling containers as "low tier" reward.

I understand that you WG need the shiny carrot on a stick, were players will invest alot of time and/or money on it.

That's okay, but please give me just an apple...

Something that lures me out of my 5...7 coop games (to fufill one set of daily missions) that i play in splitscreen while watching Youtube. (limited free time == multitasking required to maximize free time ...)

Something that i can archive while playing the game regularly within a clear time frame.

Thx

you do not have time, but you posted here graph and spreadsheet :)

• Bad 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,800 posts
6,795 battles

Yeah, I pointed out the same in another thread.

They are basically designing events that are only worth participating in if you have the time to play pretty much every day and complete them fully. For everyone else you might as well not play. 

Basically, they are relying on the hard-core "play every day" crowd to keep the servers populated, and on the whales for income from loot boxes. Doesn't strike me as terribly sustainable in the long term.

Victory pt 2 at least netted me the Murmansk, but every other event the last few months has been completely pointless for me.

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,800 posts
6,795 battles
9 minutes ago, veslingr said:

you do not have time, but you posted here graph and spreadsheet :)

If you think making that spreadsheet took comparable time to grinding for the Benham, you probably don't have a career in IT waiting for you.

• Cool 1

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
3 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

If you think making that spreadsheet took comparable time to grinding for the Benham, you probably don't have a career in IT waiting for you.

nop..but still....spreadsheet...isnt it overkil ? :)

• Boring 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,800 posts
6,795 battles
10 minutes ago, veslingr said:

nop..but still....spreadsheet...isnt it overkil ? :)

It's maybe as much as five minutes of work.

A better question is if it's a sign of good event design on WG's part when users feel the need to make spreadsheets to keep track of their progress.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
11 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

It's maybe as much as five minutes of work.

A better question is if it's a sign of good event design on WG's part when users feel the need to make spreadsheets to keep track of their progress.

when you start to read their event is looks like nuclear science....but basically it is take ship and play and see that do you solve.....and when you solve everithing with this type of ship look what other type is solving...

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

when you start to read their event is looks like nuclear science....but basically it is take ship and play and see that do you solve.....and when you solve everithing with this type of ship look what other type is solving...

Unfortunately to most players it is not clear (otherwise we wouldn't have the constant "outrage" about event design and having a PhD to deciver it). And that is unrelated from how easy/hard the event in and of itself is. It's just the explanation of what a player a) needs to do to get a certain reward and b) how to keep track of your progress is pretty bad.

[KAKE]
Players
2,800 posts
6,795 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

You do realize that Victory pt 2 was not a "directives" type event, right?

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
7 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

You do realize that Victory pt 2 was not a "directives" type event, right?

as i said, i do not care about directive, mission, perosnal mission whatnot....i take ship and see what is solving after game ends. Really.

[KAKE]
Players
2,800 posts
6,795 battles
Just now, veslingr said:

as i said, i do not care about directive, mission, perosnal mission whatnot....i take ship and see what is solving after game ends. Really.

So if you have no clue what the event actually entailed, how do you know if it was overkill to use a spreadsheet to keep track of progress?

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
9 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Fair enough. Not all players however are like that. Some just want to know how much there is left to do. And good mission (meta) design should enable that. If a player then uses this "progress chart" or not (as in your case) is then left up to the player.

I mean, what's wrong about giving players MORE choices?

• Cool 1