You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Tayto

1000 posts! Let's celebrate with an unpopular opinion

25 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,774 battles

So BB this is my 1,000th post :)

My unpopular opinion is this:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Izumo, it's a great and string ship. It was before the buff, and it's even better now. Anyone who disagrees is an unimaginative potato.

Your turn!

• Cool 12
  • Funny 4

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,774 battles

Here's another one:

Huang He is a very, very strong boat at tier 6. Excellent AA, excellent guns and strong torps. Complaining about fragility is pathetic, she's well enough armoured for her role and if you think she's fragile you're playing her wrong.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
24,758 posts
13,694 battles

Izumo is not the worst ship at Tier IX, but she is below average. She lacks defensive capabilties and is therfore played at longer ranges, which is bad for winning.

Huang He is a solid performer, but not very strong. Perth, Spee and Leander are just stronger.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
50 posts
5,732 battles
15 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Izumo, it's a great and string ship. It was before the buff, and it's even better now. Anyone who disagrees is an unimaginative potato.

Your turn!

I would agree i personally quite like the Izumo she was quite fun and is not bad as a ship either there is still one or two changes that might make her more fun to play such as having the third turret face forwards such as the Nelson class or perhaps something that would be amusing but would never happen was a research gun upgrade for 460mm guns i think that would be funny but as said would never happen.

I liked the ship so much that i got the Perma camo when it was 50% off do wish there was less rust on it but thats minor.

shot-19_07.24_19_52.29-0976.thumb.jpg.0f2fb7b8cafc66e3e83c40233a73fc51.jpg

As for a unpopular opinion of my own A lot of people i know Hate the Admiral Graf Spee and say that it is a terrible ship but i would disagree i would say the Admiral Graf Spee is a perfectly fine ship and can be very good especially if play right.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,774 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Izumo is not the worst ship at Tier IX, but she is below average. She lacks defensive capabilties and is therfore played at longer ranges, which is bad for winning.

Huang He is a solid performer, but not very strong. Perth, Spee and Leander are just stronger.

Agree with both, but they're not as bad as people make out.

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,774 battles
9 minutes ago, Dragon200052 said:

As for a unpopular opinion of my own A lot of people i know Hate the Admiral Graf Spee and say that it is a terrible ship but i would disagree i would say the Admiral Graf Spee is a perfectly fine ship and can be very good especially if play right.

Agree 👏

Players
8,732 posts

I found out, i dont like Amagi... not sure whats wrong with it, it just feels crap :Smile_hiding:

Ill use free XP on it. The last few games have been extremely horrible (also team-wise). It never felt good before either, but it reached a whole new level of crap dispersion :Smile_sceptic:

But i do like Omaha-class Cruisers so :Smile_smile:

Also, PEF isnt bad either :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,027 posts
13,252 battles

Izumo is an ugly ship that was used for first-step-training of the ship-model-maker trainee.

And she is bad on purpose, to bring in some money from everyone who wants a Yamato. :cap_horn:

Players
2,542 posts
12,556 battles
21 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Ill use free XP on it. The last few games have been extremely horrible (also team-wise). It never felt good before either, but it reached a whole new level of crap dispersion :Smile_sceptic:

I didn't/don't really like Amagi for that reason too. Very unreliable dispersion, and a very high tendency to give overpens only. That last one was the same for the izumo for me.

Players
1,662 posts
8,134 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Your turn!

1003 now :Smile_amazed:

Players
8,732 posts
5 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

I didn't/don't really like Amagi for that reason too. Very unreliable dispersion, and a very high tendency to give overpens only. That last one was the same for the izumo for me.

Good to know that its not only me :Smile_medal:

Ive looked at my hitrate lately... its just bad. And if you hit, its often bad aswell, as you say.

Hope Izumo isnt as bad :Smile_sad: Want MUUH YAMATO :Smile_izmena:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Tayto said:

It was before the buff

Would disagree in that count, at least with the prefix that I'm talking about the pre-buff stock version. That thing had downright defective AP shells for a tier IX MM environment until you got the better AP shells with the hull upgrade, plus its old armour scheme was just heaven for any 203mm HE boats or Ap for anything that had its side as you could farm pens on that massive casemate for days.

• Cool 1

Players
2,250 posts
18,089 battles

I agree on Izumo, I play her every day. As for my unpopular opinion: I think Assashio is a fine ship with 4 tricks and it's not a pony.

:Smile_unsure:

• Funny 3

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,774 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

I agree on Izumo, I play her every day. As for my unpopular opinion: I think Assashio is a fine ship with 4 tricks and it's not a pony.

:Smile_unsure:

Yes, yes, we've all seen the thread :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,251 posts
4,972 battles

Here's one: Emerald is fine, the main issue with her is not the ship, it's the *EDITED* Tier 5 MM.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
463 posts
10,356 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

Assashio is a fine ship with 4 tricks and it's not a pony.

Gunbote for the win. :cap_rambo:

I had a fun dance with a Kutozov today at 1 km :) I died (so did he) but it was still really fun...

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,162 posts
18,893 battles

Enterprise is a perfectly balans ship. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her.

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

Players
1,130 posts
7,085 battles

Hindenburg didn't need a buff, and Z52 is the best tier 10 DD.

The KM ships are all fine. If you think they're not, you're not playing them properly.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
15,854 battles
1 hour ago, elblancogringo said:

The KM ships are all fine. If you think they're not, you're not playing them properly.

KM is of great balanse comrade, da? Even more balanse next patch. Now go hunt DD in Graf Zeppelin properly!

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
1,963 posts
9,856 battles

Seattle is a one of the most influential tier 9 CAs when played properly. 

Yes, the gun angles are bad. Yes, the shells are slow. But if you position yourself correctly and you can make use of your dpm it's an absolute monster and no ship want to come near you. If you position yourself between two caps it will be really tough for the enemies to cap them. Planes will get shredded, DDs will get radared, battleships will get burned and cruisers.... Well.... They'll also get burned. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

Players
463 posts
10,356 battles

IFHE Khaba is valid.

Sure burning stuff is harder, but then again there can only be so many fires, and there is no shortage of firestarters in the game.

Hunting cruisers with 28mm pen is awesome. Especially the low DPM ones like Azuma/Yoshino.

[-LD-]
Players
194 posts
7,228 battles
17 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Here's another one:

Huang He is a very, very strong boat at tier 6. Excellent AA, excellent guns and strong torps. Complaining about fragility is pathetic, she's well enough armoured for her role and if you think she's fragile you're playing her wrong.

Hands down my best ship, and I am a BB main.

If it is a domination match and there are no radar cruisers, I'm almost certain I will take control of the closes cap with, or without support.

It has good concealment to start with. Then the crawling fog means I can avoid getting torped while with hydro I can flush out enemy DDs. In the meantime, it deals tons of citadels to surprised enemy cruisers that flash broadside (and they usually do when they panic as their DDs are sunk or retreating).

Having good AA is the icing on the cake. If thing get hot, it has the agility and survivability to go dark.

Very-very understated ship for sure.

Edit: Perth is only better on paper, but better concealment, better AA means Huanghe feels is at least as good, I like to play it more.

Edit 2: My unpopular opinion, among many, is that secondary build on the Yamato is good and fun.

• Cool 1

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
10,856 battles

Myogi is a great bb for it's tier  if you think it's not try to get closer

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,774 battles
On 7/25/2019 at 1:30 PM, optimal_909 said:

Hands down my best ship, and I am a BB main.

If it is a domination match and there are no radar cruisers, I'm almost certain I will take control of the closes cap with, or without support.

It has good concealment to start with. Then the crawling fog means I can avoid getting torped while with hydro I can flush out enemy DDs. In the meantime, it deals tons of citadels to surprised enemy cruisers that flash broadside (and they usually do when they panic as their DDs are sunk or retreating).

Having good AA is the icing on the cake. If thing get hot, it has the agility and survivability to go dark.

Very-very understated ship for sure.

Edit: Perth is only better on paper, but better concealment, better AA means Huanghe feels is at least as good, I like to play it more.

Edit 2: My unpopular opinion, among many, is that secondary build on the Yamato is good and fun.

I knew there must be other HuangHe lovers!

I'm actually training an IJN captain right now for secondary spec