You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Alfa_Tau

Keep the Game fair and pleasant

71 comments in this topic

[-YR-]
Players
597 posts
15,899 battles

Hello fellow captains :Smile_honoring:

I have seen several comments lately about the report system and karma points. 

Just want to encourage everyone to remember you can and should give compliments to your worthy opponents after each battle. :cap_rambo:

As a world of tanks player (much less lately) I Always appreciated the difference in people behaviour in world of warships.

I like when people from opposite team wish good luck at the start of the battle and even if sometime the battle goes bad,  it's nice to give compliment both to your team mates and to your opponents.

If we the players, contribute to keep the environmtent "clean and nice" the gaming experience will be Always pleasant even after a defeat. :Smile_hiding:

Good luck to all of you

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

I try to reinforce good behaviour when I see it, like people playing smart and where/how they need to (obviously subject to observation bias on my end) and basically any attempt to do meaningful teamwork or *gasp* coordination in chat ("Plan?" and "All to C" doesn't count ... obviously).

Sad thing is I still run out of spiteful "plays poorly" for stupid/useless playstyles (DDs allergic to caps or spotting, cruisers that don't support DDs, BBs that get no closer than 20km to next red ship, etc.) and the usual "AFK" reports even when I try to look for things I can compliment people for.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles

I just fling "misbehavior in chat" reports on everyone that displeases me. And because of glorious karma I have plenty of them.

Just typing "have fun" or "gg" can be enough depending on what I see on my MMM or how the match played out.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I just fling "misbehavior in chat" reports on everyone that displeases me. And because of glorious karma I have plenty of them.

Just typing "have fun" or "gg" can be enough depending on what I see on my MMM or how the match played out.

Wait. You give reports for "gg" ? :cap_hmm:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles
4 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Wait. You give reports for "gg" ? :cap_hmm:

if e.g. my team has thrown hard and one of my teammates says "gg", sure.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

if e.g. my team has thrown hard and one of my teammates says "gg", sure.

Saying "gg" or "wp" to enemy team just means they played well. That's really weird how you give chat reports.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles
17 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Saying "gg" or "wp" to enemy team just means they played well.

Which is irrelevant if my team was simply not intelligent enough to secure a win from a favorable position, instead choosing to throw.

At that point it doesn't matter what my teammate says.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Which is irrelevant if my team was simply not intelligent enough to secure a win from a favorable position, instead choosing to throw.

Well sometimes you get 3 guys that understand the game, the rest are red barons. From those 3 maybe somebody will say "gg" to the enemy as they did well. On the other side you get 6-7 well playing guys . So it's a no chance to win such battle, unless they do big mistakes. Nevertheless I never give a chat report or any report for someone that simply says "gg". 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles
28 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

So it's a no chance to win such battle

Again irrelevant. A throw implies a winnable situation.

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Again irrelevant. A throw implies a winnable situation.

This is MM problem, not the player issue. 3 Vs 7 the 7 will win 90%. Even if your team will do the objective and even cap the points bringing point advantage, the skill on the enemy will win and they'll make a comeback. If the RNG won't help there's really no chance being in 1.3k exp team vs 2k+ exp enemy team. I see it on MM monitor and I'm not mad. I just realise there's no point to get nervous about this cause even if such team  would try, they fail.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles
32 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

This is MM problem, not the player issue.

Which. Is. Irrelevant.

As long as garbage players pollute high tiers with their existence I will simply abuse the genius automated chat report system regardless of what has been said.

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles

Which. Is. Irrelevant.

As long as garbage players pollute high tiers with their existence I will simply abuse the genius automated chat report system regardless of what has been said.

But you don't report only the "garbage" ones, everyone who says "gg" when you're in the losing team. Unless you look at MM monitor. 

[K3RLS]
Players
1,222 posts
6,564 battles

I usually report players for "misbehaviour in chat" if they, guess what, misbehave in chat. Why would I report someone for "misbehaviour in chat" if they didn't misbehave at all? So that guy might get chatbanned, and then we talk here about the flawed report system.

If they play poorly, I might report them for "plays poorly". Everybody has his good and bad games, I have yet to find the exception to this. No need to remove the one communication means of someone only because I'm salty.

Players
1,551 posts
1 minute ago, Robber_Baron said:

I usually report players for "misbehaviour in chat" if they, guess what, misbehave in chat. Why would I report someone for "misbehaviour in chat" if they didn't misbehave at all? So that guy might get chatbanned, and then we talk here about the flawed report system.

If they play poorly, I might report them for "plays poorly". Everybody has his good and bad games, I have yet to find the exception to this. No need to remove the one communication means of someone only because I'm salty.

Correct

"Why would I report someone for "misbehaviour in chat" if they didn't misbehave at all? "

and the system is misused, abused and use to try and bully players, who seem to " Displease " other players,  Its nonsense and needs getting rid of

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles
16 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

But you don't report only the "garbage" ones, everyone who says "gg" when you're in the losing team. Unless you look at MM monitor.

Then it just sucks to be them. A throw isn't a "gg". A throw is the result of tremendous stupidity on part of the team. Saying "gg" when your team has thrown is in my eyes an outright insult. And since WG allows me to abuse an automated system that does nothing but promote toxicity, you can bet your aft I will abuse it.

• Cool 3

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Then it just sucks to be them. A throw isn't a "gg". A throw is the result of tremendous stupidity on part of the team. Saying "gg" when your team has thrown is in my eyes an outright insult. And since WG allows me to abuse an automated system that does nothing but promote toxicity, you can bet your aft I will abuse it.

Promote toxicity ? Uhm? Why?

Sometimes your team wants to throw and enemy team won't use it for their advantage. Also I say "gg" as meaning "you were lucky being in such good team" . Still can't see any insult in this. It's better than cursing or whining in chat. And I keep my chat reports for that. Wasting it for the "gg" makes you having less reports for the whiners and s**t talkers. I do have 946 karma, 11 reports is maximum I got. Playing 15-18 battles daily in work days and more on weekends I don't waste it for "gg". Your reporting for me is unjustified, making me not say "gg" at all. Not say anything at all in chat tbh. Better to disable it by mods and being deaf. And when everybody disables it, no team work whatsoever, no communication. A solo , selfish game it'll be. This is the bad way but nothing I can do. 

• Cool 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles
7 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Promote toxicity ? Uhm? Why?

Ever been chatbanned just because you're playing a certain class?

Because I have. Very often in fact.

As for actual insults, I found that most of the time they actually have a point. Something like "get *insert illness here* camping *insert insult here*" is more likely to elicit agreement from me rather than a report.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Ever been chatbanned just because you're playing a certain class?

Because I have. Very often in fact.

Yes I had. Not only CV, Asashio too. They were whining about deep water torps. And then a chatban appears. 

3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

As for actual insults, I found that most of the time they actually have a point. Something like "get *insert illness here* camping *insert insult here*" is more likely to elicit agreement from me rather than a report.

:fish_aqua:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles
5 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

:fish_aqua:

I thought I made my disdain of the playerbase and it being the primary driving force of why I still play abundantly clear. Same with me being dead serious about it.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,044 posts
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

If it doesn't matter then why report it?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles
22 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

If it doesn't matter then why report it?

Because he's a teammember who threw the match?

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles

I thought I made my disdain of the playerbase and it being the primary driving force of why I still play abundantly clear. Same with me being dead serious about it.

So you don't have a problem with somebody talking trash in chat and cursing. But giving chat reports for "gg" or "wp" . :cap_hmm:

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles

Because he's a teammember who threw the match?

From what you say you report also those who didn't throw. 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles
22 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

So you don't have a problem with somebody talking trash in chat and cursing. But giving chat reports for "gg" or "wp" . :cap_hmm:

Depending on the circumstances, yes.

18 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

From what you say you report also those who didn't throw. 

Being on the throwing team is enough.