You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yedwy

What ship will you sail in the upcoming T9 Rank?

68 comments in this topic

[JRM]
Players
5,539 posts
22,760 battles

So, the new T9 season is round the corner, what will you take out?

I was thinking Sovyetsky Soyuz might be an option (played Sinop in sprint with decent sucess) 6vs6 seems unfriendly territory for cruisers but perhaps Alaska and Roon might work, perhaps even with IFHE?

• Cool 1

[LADA]
Players
493 posts
7,737 battles

Based on what I've got to hand...

1) Musashi - overmatching bow-campers was a handy thing in T10 with the Yamato vs Kremlin - it'll still be handy to do in T9. High HP pool and lack of aerial competition all work in Mushi's favour. 

2) Missouri - less CVs means DDs get a bit more room to do DD-type things. Radar a decent deterrence even it isn't used - if used at the right time it can remove a DD from play quite quickly. =)

3) Georgia - comically fast, hits like a truck and decent(ish) armour scheme. Going to employ this for a laugh and see how it works....

Of the list I'd probably alternate between Mushi and Mo!

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
4,917 posts
12,004 battles

Hard to see past Black and Jutland (despite my example of the latter being Cursed); depending on how the meta shakes out, it *might* be tempting to give Benham a lash, but I suspect there'll be far too much radar for that.

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,551 posts
6,725 battles

My guess is Neptune or Seattle... since I am grinding the RN cruisers and US CLs.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,736 posts
6,990 battles

My pick will be Kronny, because cittadeling Iowas is always fun. 

But more or less i try a few ships before deciding, IJN DDakka might be fun, decissions, decissions :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,492 posts
20,080 battles

Prolly a mix, depending on the meta.

With the fire-power nerf to the Jutland she's likely out of my running though.

Kita, Black, Alaska, Kron, Buffalo, St Louis, Missouri, Musashi

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

I wonder how many people will find the time to grind Ranked when CBs are going on at the same time.

[FAILS]
Players
468 posts
18,472 battles

I will play all t9s I got one after the other until I'm rank 10. I like variety and hate playing the same ship mutiple times in a row. I don't do that even when grinding.

Here's hoping I won't have to repeat too many ships ;)

Players
2,544 posts
12,556 battles
6 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

I will play until I'm rank 10.

Same. But mainly because tier 9 will just be a premium bore- and bowcamping fest, just like last time, with musashi - JB - misery spam left and center.

Advertizing their tier nine premiums is probably the main reason WG went tier 9 to begin with imho. (besides it providing a handy excuse why there are still no carriers)

• Cool 1

Players
340 posts
612 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Yedwy sagte:

So, the new T9 season is round the corner, what will you take out?

An Azimut 55S while doing bay hopping in the Kornati and chillaxing :dance_turtle:

If I make it back by the end of august, I probably will give Black a try. :etc_hide_turtle:

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
Players
1,996 posts
9,856 battles

Havent got the harugumo yet so this season seems like a good opportunity to take the kita out.

Otherwise im going with my beloved Seattle.

• Cool 2

Players
1,551 posts
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Havent got the harugumo yet so this season seems like a good opportunity to take the kita out.

Otherwise im going with my beloved Seattle.

I have a feeling Roon Might do well 

[DAVY]
Players
2,560 posts
12,784 battles

might start with the black or benham first, but JB wont be far behind...

Players
1,700 posts
12,091 battles

Black, maybe Jutland and surely Musashi.

I haven't played JBart that much.

I enjoyed Roon back in the day but I'm not buying her back nor retraining a captain, and I'm not sure she will be as good in ranked as she was in randoms anyway.

[-SOG-]
Players
404 posts
8,381 battles

I will alternate between my T9 freemiums, currently grinding multiple T8 ships so the credits will be much needed. 

Gonna try get Alaska working since it has become one of my favorite ships and a fun ship = less grindy feeling in ranked I hope. 

If that fails I will try rotate to another ship and maybe adjust according to the META, i.e punish bowtanking in Musashi...

Beta Tester
859 posts
7,977 battles

Musashi was dissapointing last season, I took so many torpedoes and DDs decided the match.

Buffalo the whole way. I have to get to rank 1 asap to dodge all of the "Izumo/FDG are the best battleships in the game" people. <Premier league.

• Bad 1