WG_Lumberjack

OTHER CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS

17 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,391 posts
4,177 battles

TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENTS

5e7bbb02-aca3-11e9-b77a-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

• The in-game lighting model has been updated. This is an important change that opens the doors to a graphics update for the game in the future. The new lighting model will bring visible changes to Ports and certain maps. We're going to gradually release further updates for Ports and maps, implementing the new lighting system.
  • We've enhanced the anti-aliasing which removes ripples when the Sea Rendering Quality is set to Medium or higher in the Graphics Settings.
  • Apart from that, dynamic texture streaming has been enhanced. This change will slightly improve performance in battle.

OTHER CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS

The automatic collision alert system has been upgraded. Now, it will divert ships from islands more reliably, with manual control always being a priority.

• Added descriptions for achievements that can be earned in Operations, and an icon for the Torpedoman achievement.
  • Fixed the description of 200 mm secondary battery shells for flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_dd52cb68f35242ce3ac78c9c5e36ff31 VIII Kaga.
  • Fixed a bug which caused a notice regarding an insufficient amount of credits for ship servicing to be displayed, even after replenishing credit stocks.
  • Fixed a bug which caused a pop-up tip about the availability of several color schemes for a camouflage to overlap with a pop-up tip of the camouflage itself.
  • Fixed a bug which caused the badge of a Division to overlap with a player's nickname.
  • Fixed a bug which caused the text of a notification on the selection of Colored Shell Tracers and a Broad Pennant to exceed the limits of the notification box.
  • Fixed a bug which caused damage dealt by ramming to be less than it should have been according to the mechanics of the game.
  • Fixed a bug which caused the game client to crash when using an incorrectly generated Preferences file.
  • Fixed a bug which caused a voiceover notification to be played back after allied or enemy fighters or spotting aircraft have been destroyed, or after their action time has expired.
  • Fixed a bug which could cause a fire effect to remain in the air when landing aircraft on the carrier while being attacked by hostile fighter aircraft or AA guns.
  • Fixed a bug which triggered the Radio Location skill to show the direction of buildings in Operations and special battle modes.
  • Fixed a bug which caused, in certain situations, the accompanying sound of the player-selected Port to be played back in battles.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game client to shut down when switching to the Flags tab in the Exterior section of the Port.
  • Fixed an issue affecting the display of a pop-up tip about the possibility of researching ships in the Tech Tree.
  • Fixed the display of the menu at a screen resolution of 2560x1440.
  • The pop-up tip for the Recruiting Station button that’s available in the account menu has been updated.
  • Fixed a bug which made it possible for shells to deal damage when hitting an already destroyed torpedo launcher.
  • Fixed a bug which caused the aiming reticule of an air group to jump around after the Adrenaline Rush skill has been mastered.
  • Clans will no longer have levels assigned to them. Now, all bonuses which opened up as a Clan progressed from level to level will be available at once. This change will help novice players to pick up the basics of the existing Clan structure.
  • The description of the Canada Day patch has been updated.

[TAYTO]
Players
676 posts
8,163 battles

Are you going to change or improve the whole container delivery mechanism? It takes too long, the whole animation is just annoying.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,073 posts
18,852 battles

Undo your auto pilot "improvements" this instant. It has become way, WAY worse than before.

• Cool 3

[BOA2Y]
Players
69 posts
9,717 battles

Oh, Haku was already behaving like driven by a stoned admiral after an all-night bender. Is it now worse???

[BOA2Y]
Players
69 posts
9,717 battles

I have had to lower the texture quality and AA after the release as the FPS was all over the place. Nvidia GTX 1050, running at 1920x1080, multisampling AA now at 4x (was 8x), antialiasing FXAA at Medium (was high), texture filtering anisotropic 8x (was 16x), shadow quality high (was maximum). 

Not a massive change, but I definitely do not see an improvement in performance. 

[-G0M-]
Players
82 posts
16,524 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Undo your auto pilot "improvements" this instant. It has become way, WAY worse than before.

+1  Just played Saipan and Lexi and beached with both, plotting way-points that would have been fine before the "improvements."

[AC]
Players
13 posts
5,425 battles

So lets see.... no one will talk about the changes to AA and CV's? specifically that the slinghsot range seems to have been prettty much halfed? assuming thats on the way out too means planes getting shot down in droves again when player essentially has no control of them, because he just dropped. Animation is running and then u get handed control basically with no vision of the enemy (behind) or where hes shooting but smack on within their aa range. well done WG u did it again.... and again u tell no one about it

Players
2,106 posts
8,933 battles

The auto-pilot works way worse than before. It was not good before, now you broke it completely.

As for the lighting... On some occasions I find it better but sadly more often than not I find the lighting worse than it was. Especially when talking about brightness and visibility. It's too bright on certain maps and the visibility suffers because of that. It might be more realistic with the sunshine blinding you but definitely harder to play and not that fun. Especially when your team is the one facing the sun.

[THESO]
Players
552 posts
10,776 battles

The auto-pilot works way worse than before. It was not good before, now you broke it completely.

This is driving me crazy as well. @Crysantos, @MrConway, @WG_Lumberjack et. al, is this being worked on? Do you need replays to fix this? Right now this is very effectively ruining games for CV players who dare moving the ship.

Some videos below.

In the first, I've set the autopilot north, starting between two islands but with ample room to turn. The ship starts moving forward, turning left, but then stops turning and plows straight into the island in front.

Later, I've successfully reversed away from the island. I set the autopilot southeast. The ship again starts moving forward, turning right, but again stops turning and plows straight into the same island.

In fact, I have no clue how I am supposed to navigate out of that position. And it worked perfectly fine before 0.8.6.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,280 posts
13,751 battles
On 8/1/2019 at 1:58 AM, asalonen said:

This is driving me crazy as well. @Crysantos, @MrConway, @WG_Lumberjack et. al, is this being worked on? Do you need replays to fix this? Right now this is very effectively ruining games for CV players who dare moving the ship.

Some videos below.

In the first, I've set the autopilot north, starting between two islands but with ample room to turn. The ship starts moving forward, turning left, but then stops turning and plows straight into the island in front.

Later, I've successfully reversed away from the island. I set the autopilot southeast. The ship again starts moving forward, turning right, but again stops turning and plows straight into the same island.

In fact, I have no clue how I am supposed to navigate out of that position. And it worked perfectly fine before 0.8.6.

Could you please check out the new Public Test? We have an improved auto-pilot in test there!

Greetings, Crysantos

[THESO]
Players
552 posts
10,776 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Could you please check out the new Public Test? We have an improved auto-pilot in test there!

Unfortunately I can't. Holiday season, out of town, have to be outdoors, spend time with family, can't play. :Smile_facepalm:

But 0.8.6 introduced a bug when going around islands, so as long as it's gone in 0.8.7 I imagine I'll live! 

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
922 posts

Are u ever going to fix the clan chat?

These 4 msg was written by me a week ago. It still pops up in chat as new msg.

Skjermbilde.PNG

[U-F-O]
Players
43 posts
8,085 battles
On 7/26/2019 at 2:33 PM, cmdr__nik said:

I have had to lower the texture quality and AA after the release as the FPS was all over the place. Nvidia GTX 1050, running at 1920x1080, multisampling AA now at 4x (was 8x), antialiasing FXAA at Medium (was high), texture filtering anisotropic 8x (was 16x), shadow quality high (was maximum). 

Not a massive change, but I definitely do not see an improvement in performance. 

No need to have FXAA and MSAA on at the same time. MSAA is superior in every way so disable FXAA entirely and leave the other on 4x as you'll hardly see any difference.

You can also turn anisotropic filtering back up to 16x as it barely impacts performance. If you're struggling for frame rate you're better off disabling "animate small objects" and reducing the refresh rate of the UI.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,417 posts
4,196 battles

Captains!

As the Update 0.8.7 will come live tomorrow, I have to lock this thread and move it to the Archive. Thanks for understanding :Smile_honoring: