WG_Lumberjack

RANKED BATTLES

30 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,177 battles

RANKED BATTLES

b41de6d0-ac9d-11e9-ad0a-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

On August 8, we launch a new Season of Ranked Battles! Battles will involve only Tier IX ships and will be held in a "6 vs. 6" format. Rewards will include various in-game goodies, up to 5,500 Steel, and the Jolly Roger commemorative achievement for those who make it to Rank 1.

Starts: Thu. 08 Aug. 08:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 08 Aug. 08:00
Ends: Tue. 03 Sep. 07:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Tue. 03 Sep. 07:30

Read more>>>

• Cool 1

Players
445 posts

I hope you going to balance it out better for those ships that aren't big damage hitters but do as much works as BB's.

In last rank, lots of cruisers got stuck in, maybe didn't get the rewards due to there guns not doing the damage and lose out in a loss in saving a star to a BB that did a couple of big hits but very little else ??

• Cool 2

[BASIC]
Players
391 posts
19,219 battles
38 minutes ago, BasJon said:

I thought this was supposed to start today, I cannot see it, is there a problem.

It worked for me at 8 am today. Played 1 battle, won, r12 ez. Just select tier 9 with captain on board :Smile_trollface:

[BOA2Y]
Players
69 posts
9,805 battles

Why of why do you think it is OK to have 4 BBs per side in a 6v6 format?

Might as well just limit it to BBs only at least that way we might actually have a competitive mode, rather than the team that has better DD players, wins...

Stupid, stupid, stupid. 

Players
29 posts
7,505 battles
15 hours ago, cmdr__nik said:

Why of why do you think it is OK to have 4 BBs per side in a 6v6 format?

Might as well just limit it to BBs only at least that way we might actually have a competitive mode, rather than the team that has better DD players, wins...

Stupid, stupid, stupid. 

This season is stupid! T9 is brooken! Had a game with this MM:

My team - 1 Musashi 2 JB's and 3 Benhams The enemy team was the same!

Imagine that torp soup! The DD's didnt hunt DD's they hunted battleships and we in the BB's well we just had to run. No spotting only torps.

• Funny 2

[FAILS]
Players
468 posts
18,472 battles

Luckily, I already ranked out yesterday (which means rank 10 for me). What I noticed: Almost no cruisers, and if there were, most of them were Alaskas or Kronshtadts. Never had more than two cruisers in the 10 games I played. One game with four DDs and one CA and BB each, one game with two ships per class (incidentally also the most fun game), the remaining eight games were at least three BBs per side. Not much fun with only six boats in it, imo.

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,062 battles

WG have lost all sense of balance.

Musashi in a tier 9 only game. Ho Ho 

Alaska against a Buffalo. Ho Ho

Krons against a Donky. Ho Ho

Benhams soup.Ho Ho

Ect..

Just finished a game with 2 Musashi on my team, they assimilated the 2 poor silver BB's and the sorry state Buffalo (bow-on).

• Cool 1

[-RDE-]
Players
280 posts
23,499 battles

last irrevocable is lvl12, seriously..  good job it is there tbh (but still we need more)as i started at 10 got to 9 and now i'm at 12. the gameplay and the basic omg wth are you doing (2 bbs hunting a buffalo the whole game etc etc) situations is nuts ...

no wonder us mere mortals struggle to get steel etc...

Capture.JPG

[KITEN]
Players
264 posts
13,810 battles

How about a season of ranked battles without premium ships being allowed to take part?

Do it for science... i guarantee everyone will have more fun.

Players
3,130 posts
10,062 battles
8 hours ago, JohnMac79 said:

How about a season of ranked battles without premium ships being allowed to take part?

Do it for science... i guarantee everyone will have more fun.

If only.

WG £££££££, never happen ever i'm afraid.

[SONLY]
Beta Tester
63 posts
7,795 battles

Yeah, the musashi's really ruin it in terms of balance, they can just sit there and lolpen anything as long as there's no torp threat. As does the MM by matching up regular cruisers with battlecruisers. 

Its nice for getting lots of credits in the premiums though. :Smile_glasses:

[-RDE-]
Players
280 posts
23,499 battles

this ranked is f.in anoying as hell, i started at lvl 10. i've managed to unlock lvl7 but  i've played 128 battles and i'm where lvl11 with 1 star... 

it's amazing how daft  some teams are too. 3bbs camped in the same square and moan when they're torped etc etc.. not sure what's going on with mm too. 1 bb 5 dds and 3 blacks on one side none the other.  it's just MEH..lol.

well i'm bk to 12... 

[KITEN]
Players
264 posts
13,810 battles

This is the worst season i have played as far as ignorance and stupidity. i cant get past R4 because people refuse to listen, refuse to communicate and its full of games with nothing but DDs.

I stopped playing back in December for reasons i cant even be bothered going in to (will just cause off-topic arguments...), but its nice to see the game improved... :Smile_facepalm:

[AOLH]
[AOLH]
Players
22 posts
11,173 battles

Ranked battles are just a waste of time. I suggest that only the ships who put some effort in the game should have a possibility to earn points or stars. I lost 4 games in a row because of people being AFK, or just sitting it out on the edge of the map hoping the others will do the job and gain stars from it. This system is sooo unfair, i'm not even going to bother to get involved any more.

[40-1]
Beta Tester
114 posts
8,983 battles

Does any of you go to rankeds with CA? Which do you find most useful?

• Cool 1

[AOLH]
[AOLH]
Players
22 posts
11,173 battles

The most useful ships are the ones who don't camp and suck out all the effort from other players.

I suggest that ranked battles are decided on the effort you and your ship put in, in stead of winning the game.

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
318 posts
5,855 battles

All I can say of this ranked battles season is that I suck at this game. I just don´t have the patience to sit it out and when crap hits the fan start saving stars. Currently many days bouncing between 9-11 no progress whatsoever.

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,006 posts
21,779 battles

This season really sucks, switching between rank 9-10 all the time, teams below 49% winrate all the time.  Zero team play and lots of trash talk by no clue players.  
Mogador is almost impossible to hit.

DDs either refuse to spot or don't support cruisers.  And so on and so forth...

• Cool 2

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
318 posts
5,855 battles
18 hours ago, tsounts said:

This season really sucks, switching between rank 9-10 all the time, teams below 49% winrate all the time.  Zero team play and lots of trash talk by no clue players.  
Mogador is almost impossible to hit.

DDs either refuse to spot or don't support cruisers.  And so on and so forth...

I had three beers yesterday and mounted the proper boat, Friedrich der grosse. Managed to drunk my way to victory, naturally topping the XP too. However the gameplay by both teams was drunk itself it was so weird. Next game was with Musashi and a spectacular loss where the our Yugumo saved a star and our Black went AFK 3 minutes from the start. Like how can you tolerate this kind of gameplay to rank out if you really are not somehow obsessed to get it? Had more fun yesterday in coop games getting my last french tokens for the love of god.

Also for some weird reason tier9 arms race was much much more fun than this grind. I dislike these "special" modes in general but for some reason it felt very good and funny for ranked.

[-RDE-]
Players
280 posts
23,499 battles

yes i died early too, but when 2 dds sui in a cap without support etc, it's a uphill battle. this season sucks tbh.  we should at least get a irrevocable at lvl5...

it's embarrasing tbh, how much i've played this season. and how many crappy losing streaks one has.. :(

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG