WG_Lumberjack

French Destroyers

52 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,391 posts
4,177 battles

FRENCH DESTROYERS

4eecd8e2-aca3-11e9-b77a-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

Tier V-IX French destroyers are coming to early access. How does the new branch stand out?

• The unusual characteristics of their hulls: the hit points of the French destroyers’ hulls can be reduced to zero, just like the HP of ships’ ends. The result is that after receiving several hits, this part of the ship will receive just half the typical damage.
  • The absence of the Smoke Generator consumable is compensated for by the ships’ high speeds and the enhanced Engine Boost consumable they carry.
  • Starting at Tier VI, French destroyers are equipped with the Main Battery Reload Booster consumable, which is quite an extraordinary feature for this ship type.
  • Starting at Tier VIII, the new destroyers enjoy flat-trajectory ballistics and AP shells with a high armor-penetration capability for their ship type. This enables players to confidently inflict damage to the citadels of enemy cruiser at medium ranges.

98808fb4-ad19-11e9-a0d8-38eaa735f4cc_120

Activate Symbols of France; complete the tasks of the Directives; and obtain French Destroyers containers which may, with a certain chance, drop a combat mission that unlocks early access to one of the following French destroyers: flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 V Jaguar, flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VI Guépard, flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VII Vauquelin, or flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VIII Le Fantasque.

Symbols of France

Take a good look at the ship carousel in the Port. You'll see new symbols—Symbols of France—displayed above researchable Tier V-X ships, as well as Tier II–X Premium and special ships.

895285d6-a884-11e9-9a10-38eaa735f4cc_120

Symbols of France work much the same way as the "stars" that score a daily bonus for the first win of the day. But unlike stars, they can only be activated once throughout Update 0.8.6. For the duration of the update, your first win with a ship marked with a Symbol of France will either bring you Coal or a new temporary resource—Republic Tokens.

Symbols of France will also appear on ships purchased, bought back, or received from containers in Update 0.8.6.

Directives

Directives are available to players with access to the combat missions feature in the Service Record. Novice players will have to play 70 battles in any accessible battle mode to unlock access.

Start: Thu. 25 Jul. 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 25 Jul. 10:00
End: Mon. 19 Aug. 06:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Mon. 19 Aug. 06:00

By completing combat missions and Directives, you'll earn various in-game items and French Destroyers containers. These containers have a chance of dropping a combat mission with its reward being early access to Tier V–VIII French destroyers. The main rewards will be French destroyer flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eab V Siroco and her permanent camouflage.

8a4c8522-a884-11e9-b3cc-38eaa735f4cc_120

Republic Tokens

Symbols of France are not the only way to lay your hands on Republic Tokens. Got flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 V Jaguar, flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VI Guépard, flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VII Vauquelin, flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VIII Le Fantasque or flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eab V Siroco? Complete a one-time combat mission for each of the ships: earn 15,000 XP, and get 250 Republic Tokens as a reward. A similar mission is available for completion with Premium cruiser flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_7ca1d32231aa1e03cc8c292ae268c631 VIII Bayard.

You can exchange Republic Tokens in the Armory for the French Navy permanent camouflage, designed for Tier V–VIII French destroyers, as well as for the sequentially available set of bundles that carry various game items. Having obtained all these bundles, special random bundles will become available in exchange for doubloons.

• All the rewards are visible in advance: the bundles’ contents and their amounts are displayed when viewing the currently available bundle.
  • After each random bundle exchange, one new random bundle opens out of 30 available.
  • One of the random bundles drops French destroyer flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 IX Mogador with the French Navy permanent camouflage.
894a7468-a884-11e9-86f9-38eaa735f4cc_120

If you hover the cursor over the bundle's description in the list, you'll see how many of those bundles you've already received. Having collected all the bundles, you're guaranteed to have obtained all the available rewards.

Please note: flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 IX Mogador and flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 X Kléber will become available for research in Update 0.8.8.

FULL GUIDE

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,037 posts

As you dangle those special missions for the france destroyers to gain tokens so visibly before our eyes, without us even having those ships yet, how likely are they going to be available from the containers we can earn?

Better or worse then the russian BBs that were supposedly high chance yet had absolutly miserable drop results for most, even on the premium ones?

How likely are we to be able to gain and spend those tokens if we get all those free containers? If we are lucky do we get to complete one or two of those?

Would it be to much to ask to not place rewards behind such a luckwall?

Good thing I already decided to ignore this event, or I would be really unsatisfied with how this is run. Please come up with more creative ways to screw over your community. I'm thrilled to see how long the majority will keep up with this.

• Cool 4

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,334 posts
5 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

how likely are they going to be available from the containers we can earn?

I got 1 mission (low tier of course :Smile_sceptic:) from 25 premium containers, so wanne guess what I expect in mission drops from the free normal containers :Smile_hiding:...?

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,037 posts
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I got 1 mission (low tier of course :Smile_sceptic:) from 25 premium containers, so wanne guess what I expect in mission drops from the free normal containers :Smile_hiding:...?

Hey, that's already a 4 % chance. I'm sure WG considers that high.

• Funny 1

Players
22 posts
4,154 battles

Yet another cash grab by WG I thought WoT was bad enough. My wallet is staying well away from anything WG come up with to get even more cash from this player.

• Cool 2

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
10,622 battles

The only reward  Legion d'honeur no. 3  which  I am interested in  costs 400 tokens.

Except you cannot get  it unless you spend 500 tokens FIRST ( 200 + 300) on no.1 and no. 2  which I  am not interested in....

The other rewards  in armory  are camouflage for ships  no one has.

And no, I do not count things I have to pay for with doubloons "rewards"./

Lesta studios / wargaming shows again they lost common sense (like they did with initial NTC plans);  the accountants run the show based on sales.

Russian gaming in true  'merican  "Electronic Arts"(EA) style.

Day 1 and already lost my interest in this french event.

• Cool 4

[PC]
Players
149 posts
On 7/25/2019 at 11:10 AM, AmiralPotato said:

So, just to be sure, there are no special directives for people who already have aigle / terrible ?

It seems that you are better off with..

Giulio Cesare, Roma, Duca d'Aosta, Abruzzi, Blyskawica, Perth, Haida, Nueve de Julio than an actual french premium Tier VIII DD for the French DD missions.:cap_like:

terrible.jpg

On Reddit Sub-Octavian mentioned that there will missions later on that is suited for Le Terrible so I guess we will have to wait. Still, I find in strange that its not included in the missions right from the beginning to honor those players who support the game by buying ships.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
1 hour ago, Reckie said:

I find in strange that its not included in the missions right from the beginning to honor those players who support the game by buying ships.

WG only cares about new players, novice players, virgin-players (that haven't bought anything YET) or players who have abandoned ship. Once you've been "reeled in" though , you're just a number, not worthy of even a glance, let alone some actual attention or appreciation.

• Cool 4

Players
2,109 posts
18,575 battles
Am 23.7.2019 um 17:03, WG_Lumberjack sagte:
  • The unusual characteristics of their hulls: the hit points of the French destroyers’ hulls can be reduced to zero, just like the HP of ships’ ends. The result is that after receiving several hits, this part of the ship will receive just half the typical damage.

I still don't get how that translates into making them less resilient. All this talk about "like a citadel." It sounds rather like the opposite, once the center hull is saturated, they get less susceptible to damage.

It's funny though when you meet somebody in one of those things who is under the delusion that speed alone was enough protection, and jetskis along in a completely straight line, so all you need to do is take enough lead in your BB and blap him for half his life.

[BDE]
[BDE]
Beta Tester
475 posts
26,736 battles

i jaguar and limited xp per battle 400xp sink 4 ships max.

farm low xp

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
16,163 battles
3 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

I still don't get how that translates into making them less resilient. All this talk about "like a citadel." It sounds rather like the opposite, once the center hull is saturated, they get less susceptible to damage.

I'm not sure why you think that should translate into making them less resilient. When they talked about the way the hitpoints were allocated they said it was this way to make them more resilient.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/115724-st-french-destroyers/

In addition, the hit points of the French destroyers are allocated in the same manner as the test destroyer L'effronté (Le Terrible). This system allows destroyers to live longer under intense enemy fire.

Players
2,109 posts
18,575 battles
Vor 26 Minuten, Johmie sagte:

I'm not sure why you think that should translate into making them less resilient.

Because when I asked for clarification of the poorly written news bulletin in another thread, someone said it effectively meant they got a quasi citadel. I have no idea how he read that into it.

Players
69 posts
4,157 battles

So... I remember doing the British destroyer event, which was a lot more Friendly when it came to reward. Cossack was a good reward that I got, okay the grind was hard, but at least you didn't had to buy containers to actually get the rewards. Only a small package with some british tokens for 0.99 cents. And now, to unlock most of the things in the arsenal, either you got an ungodly amount of Tier 7+ ships or you are lucky enough, and by that I mean VERY lucky to get all 4 destroyers in free crates, which gives you 1000 republic tokens, which isn't even enough to get all 4 bundles. Or, if you don't have the first two, you cash out for premium containers, Bayard (and sirocco for those who don't want to do the directives), and get 1500 tokens after paying AND grinding the combat missions, which isn't even enough to unlock everything in the arsenal by cashing out AT LEAST 70 euros if you are lucky enough to get all 4 destroyers with 7 crates (Bayard 40e + Sirocco 22e + 7 containers 18e).

In my opinion, this smell like one of the worst predatory practices in WoWs yet to see, and I haven't yet spoke about Mogador, which is behind ALL FOUR BUNDLES, so basically a Luckwall and a Cashwall with those 1000 doubloons that you need to spend to get a CHANCE to obtain Mogador, a ship that will be free not in 0.8.7 BUT in 0.8.8 for some reasons (to prompt people into getting it earlier and not wait two updates ?)...

Also, French premium that doesn't have better reward ? I'am happy to have unlocked and bought all French ships beside Bourgogne...

Really I don't understand this event, and find it pretty disgusting on how it was put in place.

I am French and I was looking forward to this """""pre-release"""""... Well, I am a bit sad on how it was executed.

Using such predatory practices along with the name Marine National, the ship that served, or were scuttled by their crew to avoid the nazi germany to get their hands on them is disrespectful of the République and her navy, but also to the sailors that served on those ships.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,777 posts
6,737 battles

Not Planning to Spend Money on this one :)

I will just take the T5 DD as the Directives seem to be easy enough.

And then See if I get any Extra Drops from the Crates.

I am not Playing much currebtly either.

So I hope I get all my Ships Won in the Event.

If WG wants an easy take at my Wallet they just need to give us the Azur Lane Skins and Commanders they already got in WoWs Blitz.

Unlike the Azur Lane Skins in the Game.

These at least actually look like Azur Lane Skins.

And not like some Rainbow Flower Paintjobs lol...

H44 with 50cm Main Battery Gun would make me Open the Wallet as well of course.

But right now.

The next likely event at which I might spend more than the usual Premium Account Money.

Will likely be if they Introduce German Dubmarines *gg*

• Cool 1

Players
88 posts
10,661 battles

I'm missing something :)

Somewhere I read that the early access destroyers are in our carousel, ready to buy. 
No such ships in my carousel. 

Where do I buy them and how? 

Thanks guys! :)

[-LD-]
Players
12 posts
4,182 battles

This is one of the worst events in the history of wargaming.
I would love to get a comment on the following:
I just did the calculations for earning republic tokens (via tech tree ships, 88 ships):
If you have EVERY tier 7 ship you can earn 100 tokens
if you have EVERY tier 8 ship you can earn 230 (330 total) tokens
if you have EVERY tier 9 ship you can earn 315 (645 total) tokens
if you have EVERY tier 10 ship you can earn 480 (1125 total) tokens
To get the 4th bundle you will need a total of 1400 tokens (200+300+400+500)

So for a normal player (even with a few premiums) it is impossible to EARN the 4th reward for free, I would even say it is virtual impossible, for the great majority of players, to even get to nr 2

very dissapointed... (again)

[W-_-W]
[W-_-W]
Beta Tester
18 posts
9,365 battles

Hi,

You can get the special quest from normal crates to obtain french destroyers and than be able to do the quests which each gives 250 tokens, so no you dont need to pay. 

[-LD-]
Players
12 posts
4,182 battles
7 minutes ago, LANS0N said:

Hi,

You can get the special quest from normal crates to obtain french destroyers and than be able to do the quests which each gives 250 tokens, so no you dont need to pay. 

But the drop rate is so damn low (see the comment above of someone above of getting 1 quest in 25 premium containers) that you are already lucky if you get 1 quest in the entire event, and even then you will not have enough tokens.
So I stay with my comment, unless you have all 88 tier 7, 8, 9 and 10 ships + a good amount of premium/special ships it is impossible to get the 4th reward.

[HM-RN]
Beta Tester
26 posts
10,040 battles

I have used all my gold, spent £90 on T8 cfuiser French Bayard or what ever its is purchased 28 Containers and got nothing , no missions and only 5 flags on each container used to be 15 flags .TOTAL FCKING RIP OFF.

[LUSOS]
Players
283 posts
16,624 battles

Tbh I dont know why ppl pay for "chances" and then they come here to protest. If the game stated what the real chance is, then ppl could complain about buying X or Y numbers of containers and get no ships. Other than that, paying for an untold chance is being dumb.

In test server I spent 20k doubloons to get the ship, and got nothing.

So, if in that server, where everything is a lot easier, the chances were that low...

I can pay 50 or 100 euros for something that is certain, but i wont gamble 1 euro on a "chance".

On another note:

Can anyone who has the tier 8 DD tell me if its anything good? Because the tier 6 is a real piece of s**t.

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
140 posts
6,878 battles

Guys, just don't fall for another lootbox event. Save your money.

• Cool 3

Players
2,106 posts
8,988 battles

The last event was greedy enough and I was afraid that more greed will knock on the door.

Definitely not spending anything on the event. Players are the ones choosing in which direction will this greed/grind go.

• Cool 1

[PC]
Players
149 posts

Guys, stay at stage 4 and save your free 1k doubloons or use your tokens for the free permanent camos.

Stage 5 is a lottery, you will most likely not get the Mogador on your first try.

The lottery shows your upcoming reward/bundle, which means that if the ship is not displayed, it will cost you 1k to get past this known bundle and another 1k for the next bundle that hopefully contains the ship.

That is a minimum of 2k doubloons every time your next known reward/bundle doesn't contain the ship.

• Cool 1