WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,177 battles

Captains!

Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable:

From: Thu. 25 Jul. 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 25 Jul. 07:00
Until: Thu. 25 Jul. 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 25 Jul. 10:00

Update size: 1 GB

Version 0.8.6 ushers in a series of updates dedicated to French destroyers! So, what do you get?

• A branch of French destroyers in early access;
  • A new in-game event with Premium destroyer Siroco as a reward;
  • The revamped Port of Marseille;
  • Symbols of France;
  • A number of balance-related changes; and new seasons of Ranked and Clan Battles.

French Destroyers ● Clan Battles ● Ranked Battles ● Game Maps and Modes ● Armory ● Technical Improvements ● Game Balance Changes ● Content Additions and Changes ● Other Changes and Improvements

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

Stop changing my default port with each and every update. I pick one for a reason, who are you to decide I need to look at another one.

• Cool 13

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts
27 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Stop changing my default port with each and every update. I pick one for a reason, who are you to decide I need to look at another one.

This.

Once again feedback made for years now, each and every single patch that has a new or a changed port, that is permanently ignored by Wargaming. We do not even get a reason why they ignore it.

Players
2,109 posts
18,794 battles

Once again I get the impression the sound mix was changed and I have trouble getting it right to where it was again.

Explosions seem too loud. and are they "SFX" or "ambient" anyway?

Looking at these difficulties, I have a very hard time understanding why those audio changes have been introduced anyway. Nobody was not playing this game because they found the sound in some way deficient. What people have been, and indeed still are clamoring for, are the most simple and basic GUI "quality of life" improvements like the demount-all-signals button, flag or even ship profiles, a functional friends/contacts management... the list has been known for neigh on four years now.

WG development priorities are hard to understand.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
28 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

WG development priorities are hard to understand.

No Komrad, very easy. Only one question: "does it bring in money?". If yes: investigate development, and develop at once. If no: no development needed.

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
10,632 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

No Komrad, very easy. Only one question: "does it bring in money?". If yes: investigate development, and develop at once. If no: no development needed.

Only trouble is, WG  does not sense your sarcasm, and will translate it into russian as "' we are on the right path with this game, look at EU Forum, MrFingers says so ! "'

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
30,957 battles

Interface bug- sometimes camera jumps to "upward" position showing only skies and LOCKS in this position. Happening mostly when playing cv and following planes with camera.
Despite this bug i noticed very hard DPS drop.

Even alpha became changed someway, picture is darker than before.

Testing now carriers after AAA change, its almoust impossible to even approach tier 8 ship with tier 6 carrier.

Players
2,109 posts
18,794 battles

Also re: sound, it keeps on dinging.

Oftentimes now, the bell sound effect is played, the one you normally get when locking the rudder with the Q or E key. But I now keep also hearing this sound when not locking the rudder.

In the first two Public Test iterations, you got the erroneous messages of planes being shot down when they in fact were other players' planes and you shouldn't have gotten those messages.

I wonder if the inexplicable bells are the sounds of other players locking their rudders which are somehow erroneously bled into my audio.

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,801 battles
2 hours ago, Egoleter said:

This.

Once again feedback made for years now, each and every single patch that has a new or a changed port, that is permanently ignored by Wargaming. We do not even get a reason why they ignore it.

What's the problem to change it back? They want to show the new one. 

1st world problems :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
30,957 battles

Tested some more on t 6 ryujo

CARRIERS ON AUTOPILOT NOT TURNING ON WAYPOINTS GETTING STUCK OR TRAVELLING WITH EXTREMLY REDUCED SPEED.
ITS EXTREMLY ANNOYING YOU MUST ADJUST REVERS AND SO ON ALL THE TIME

WHAT A FUX IS WITH YOU WG PEOPLE

YOU WERE ABOUT TO MADE AUTOPILOT BETTER NOT WORSE

P.S.

It seems that FPS drop is caused by water rendering system.

• Funny 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts
32 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

What's the problem to change it back? They want to show the new one. 

1st world problems :Smile_teethhappy:

It's a USER setting.

They can advertise it. They can ask me if I want to change or take a look at it. But as it is only decorative, they should NEVER EVER change it without my consent.

USER settings are changed by the USER not by the developing company. At least not without a damn good reason. Wanting to show it is no such reason.

• Cool 1

[LUSOS]
Players
285 posts
16,741 battles

Why did I get a "symbol of France" on my tier 1 Orlan but it didnt give me any reward after my 1st victory with it?

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
30,957 battles

Tested ranger now.

AUTOPILOT ALSO FUxxED UP LIKE ON OTHER CV

AND NO DONT CORRECT MY LANGUAGE MODS BECAUSE THERE IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DESCRIBE THIS IN POLITE WAY.

About user settings i agree- its extremly annoying when they change such things.

Not mentioning when they change AAA range circle visibility on minimap.

Now i must click it AGAIN on EVERY ship ( and i have 280+ of them)

Incompetency of so called WG DEVS shines on every step. Jesus Christ are they going EVER to do ANYTHING PROPER WAY WITH PROPERLY TESTING AND ANALYSING.

It seems they simply are unable to make any change without destroying something.

[LUSOS]
Players
285 posts
16,741 battles
16 minutes ago, powerverde said:

Why did I get a "symbol of France" on my tier 1 Orlan but it didnt give me any reward after my 1st victory with it?

And why doesnt my Wakatake has the combat mission possibility???

wakatake.thumb.png.fbe6383ffd5ca9f9c9ab69502ec242e3.png

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts
47 minutes ago, powerverde said:

30 minutes ago, powerverde said:

And why doesnt my Wakatake has the combat mission possibility???

Spoiler

wakatake.thumb.png.fbe6383ffd5ca9f9c9ab69502ec242e3.png

Read the event description (patch notes, there is at least a link to the event details). Silver ships, like the Orlan and Wakatake, below T-V do not give any rewards.

• Cool 2

[ALONE]
Modder
2,057 posts
13,287 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Sadzior sagte:

[...]

AUTOPILOT ALSO FUxxED UP LIKE ON OTHER CV

[...]

The autopilot-changes are on the Supertest-server now.

That means they will be added to the Publictest-server next, if approved.

That means they are not in the game yet, they may come in the next patch. :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,419 posts

3 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

so how do  I know if I get coal or french tokens?

reading?

3 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Is that RNG or what?

no

and of course it is also given ingame...

• Cool 1

Players
378 posts
7,298 battles

Why weren't they any option to save the tokens to convert to Premium time?

This was the main reason, why I can accept the loot box system.

The game currently, continuously crashes. I've tried all methods suggested by previous tickets, forums, etc.

(typed whilst running the Verify & Repair option for the second time. First time WGC crashed itself)

[LUSOS]
Players
285 posts
16,741 battles
21 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Read the event description (patch notes, there is at least a link to the event details). Silver ships, like the Orlan and Wakatake, below T-V do not give any rewards.

Wow, i did read that but i guess i missed that part. tyvm.

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,801 battles
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

It's a USER setting.

They can advertise it. They can ask me if I want to change or take a look at it. But as it is only decorative, they should NEVER EVER change it without my consent.

USER settings are changed by the USER not by the developing company. At least not without a damn good reason. Wanting to show it is no such reason.

It's still not a big of a problem comparing to loooooooong list of more serious/frustrating problems

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts
7 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

It's still not a big of a problem comparing to loooooooong list of more serious/frustrating problems

Of course there are other problems. But those other problems stand for and are addressed by themself. It is still a problem and no problem is so minor that it isn't worth mentioning.

For once this problem would be easy to fix. Something I usually say is not the case when someone else makes that argument. They already did it once or twice in the 3,5 years I'm here. They are perfectly capable of doing so, as evidenced by past occurences. It's an active choice they make. Not a bug. They just have to respect the settings the user made.

I admit it is an issue in a long list of behavior issues with Wargaming. Some minor, like this one, some rather massive. The list is growing rapidly again recently, after it showed promise of becoming better and smaller during 2018.

[NWP]
Players
2,504 posts
15,836 battles
53 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

reading?

no

and of course it is also given ingame...

missed the ingame tooltip as it materialises too slow it seems. Got it now thx

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,801 battles
3 hours ago, Egoleter said:

It is still a problem and no problem is so minor that it isn't worth mentioning

Is it a problem ? Yes

Is it important one ? No. 

• Cool 1