You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Drunk_Hussar

Georgia vs. Massachusetts

39 comments in this topic

Players
28 posts
2,119 battles

With the conclusion of ranked sprint, I managed to gather enough coal to afford the Georgia. My dilemma is the following: is it worth it if I already have the Massachusetts? I love the Massa, she is fun in secondary build and even if the main guns shoot all over the place, sometimes they produce a superb spread, and hit hard.

Having so much fun with the Massa I was thinking to acquire the Georgia but is it worth it? Bigger but fewer guns, much better speed but higher tier, tough in the Massa most of the games are with/against tier 10 ships. 

It took me some time to gather all this coal, and to be honest I would not like to waste it on something that is very similar to a ship I already have. 

Thanks!

[BABBY]
Players
630 posts
9,807 battles

If you like the Massa for her secondaries then IMHO no point in taking Georgia just for that. If you want Georgia for the fast BB style of play then perhaps Iowa would work just as well for you. Maybe consider JB for a unique experience?

• Cool 1

Players
6,387 posts
245 battles

Georgia is definelty a solid ship, it also teaches you more about battleships in terms of positioning and crossfiring and how important those things are.

Can't yolo in it early game you have to play support and flanker mostly. when you have some 'frens' its easier to push, dont push against BB's that can outdpm you, have more health or are using 457's and 460's unless you really know how to brawl properly (although 460's will overmatch every time so better to hide behind island or go somewhere else.)

• Cool 1

Players
1,662 posts
8,112 battles
6 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Georgia is definelty a solid ship, it also teaches you more about battleships in terms of positioning and crossfiring and how important those things are.

Can't yolo in it early game you have to play support and flanker mostly. when you have some 'frens' its easier to push, dont push against BB's that can outdpm you, have more health or are using 457's and 460's unless you really know how to brawl properly (although 460's will overmatch every time so better to hide behind island or go somewhere else.)

Georgia is not a solid ship, its a 3 battle meme at best...

• Boring 2

Players
6,387 posts
245 battles
Just now, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

lol.jpg.d7476bd8ab673c1be26074de5b1e1148.jpg

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,286 posts
15,561 battles

I have both and I like both. They are different enough to justify having both.(IMHO)

• Cool 3

[MORIA]
Players
7,195 posts
33,622 battles
23 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Dude. Please. Stop. :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

Players
9,358 posts
10,990 battles

Georgia is more of a flanker than brawler, she is just too fragile to just barge in with secondaries blazing.

Jean Bart is solid ship and as relatively normal BB, can get along with base 10pt captain just fine (PT/PM, AR, SI, CE) She is AA powerhouse, so on her own can fend off planes at least for a while.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
5,465 posts
22,632 battles

Well since I have a missouri, georgie aint that interesting to me and massa will occasionnaly draw a t6-8 match to really capitalise on those secs, but if you dont have a missouri then possibly yes

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,470 posts
22,956 battles

get a t10 coal ship. case closed.

on a note:

i tried sec build on georgia.... it sucks! the secs shine without sec build somehow though, so i use my monti captn on it.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,195 posts
33,622 battles
4 hours ago, Panocek said:

Georgia is more of a flanker than brawler, she is just too fragile to just barge in with secondaries blazing.

Jean Bart is solid ship and as relatively normal BB, can get along with base 10pt captain just fine (PT/PM, AR, SI, CE) She is AA powerhouse, so on her own can fend off planes at least for a while.

She can brawl at the last stages of the battle. 

Players
1,662 posts
8,112 battles
4 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Dude. Please. Stop. :Smile_sceptic:

Badship is bad bro, you know that. People need to be aware of what they are wasting their money and coal on.

[MORIA]
Players
7,195 posts
33,622 battles
2 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Badship is bad bro, you know that. People need to be aware of what they are wasting their money and coal on.

Nope, it's good. Maybe you couldn't get along with it. 

Screenshot_20190713-100533~2.png

[SHAD]
Players
2,153 posts
10,117 battles

Georgia is great with very accurate guns, a better ship then the Mass per tier.

As many have already said, the Jean Bart is a very unique ship and a lot of fun.

• Cool 3

Players
75 posts
11,631 battles
2 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Come orrrn man 3 battles and you give an assessment like that?, The ship is perfectly fine, Good brawler in certain situations, Can flank like a mutha trucker, only thing is it needs a 19 point captain to get the best out of it.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,195 posts
33,622 battles
3 minutes ago, Viper_Tech_ said:

Come orrrn man 3 battles and you give an assessment like that?, The ship is perfectly fine, Good brawler in certain situations, Can flank like a mutha trucker, only thing is it needs a 19 point captain to get the best out of it.

Uhm , he sold her after 3 battles. All the coal went for nothing. :fish_palm:

Sometimes I need 8-10 battles to get along with the ship. 

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
16,139 battles
7 hours ago, MrWastee said:

i tried sec build on georgia.... it sucks! the secs shine without sec build somehow though, so i use my monti captn on it.

I'm probably not just "teaching my grandmother to suck eggs", I'm teaching a grandmother with a cabinet full of egg-sucking medals and trophies. But, that disclaimer aside, and going on what LittleWhiteMouse said, Georgia and Massachusetts have a 40% dispersion bonus on their secondaries and unfortunately if that is stacked with the bonus from Manual Secondaries that makes them too accurate. The AI gunners aim for about the middle of the ship and normally their aim is bad enough to sprinkle shells over a wide area, but with the two bonuses they hit what they are aiming at, and what they are aiming at normally has enough armour they can't get through it.

With just the 40% bonus though, without the secondary build, there's still enough inaccuracy to let them hit the superstructure and get some direct damage done.

• Cool 2

[SYTHE]
Players
149 posts
9,652 battles

Honestly, I much more like my Massa than Georgia. Even in TX games, the Massa feels more tanky somehow. Only fun thing in Georgia is chasing down dds and dodging torps with speed boost. Other than that I take my Massa any day in the week lol

[COR3]
Players
1,313 posts
12,738 battles
15 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I repeat my mantra still only an IOWA Hull when i blap them :P

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,153 posts
10,117 battles
3 hours ago, Johmie said:

I'm probably not just "teaching my grandmother to suck eggs", I'm teaching a grandmother with a cabinet full of egg-sucking medals and trophies. But, that disclaimer aside, and going on what LittleWhiteMouse said, Georgia and Massachusetts have a 40% dispersion bonus on their secondaries and unfortunately if that is stacked with the bonus from Manual Secondaries that makes them too accurate. The AI gunners aim for about the middle of the ship and normally their aim is bad enough to sprinkle shells over a wide area, but with the two bonuses they hit what they are aiming at, and what they are aiming at normally has enough armour they can't get through it.

With just the 40% bonus though, without the secondary build, there's still enough inaccuracy to let them hit the superstructure and get some direct damage done.

The manual secondaries are only helpful at probably  8+km range  against BBs and cruisers where the shell drob makes them hit the superstructure. They are however, absolutely hilarious against DDs that try to ambush you.

I don't recommend manual secondaries for either ship but I do have them myself.

Players
6,387 posts
245 battles
7 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Uhm , he sold her after 3 battles. All the coal went for nothing. :fish_palm:

Sometimes I need 8-10 battles to get along with the ship. 

I usually decide after 30-100 battles if i like a ship or tank, Which im kinda glad, because sometimes it's a learning issue on my part and so selling it early might make miss out on said ships potential. (i almost did this with caglio's fav ship the leander)

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,470 posts
22,956 battles
9 hours ago, Johmie said:

worth a lol :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_great:.....

as i'm more a man of trial and error than of YT i have no clue bout such things lol :cap_cool:.... sounds reasonable and explains pretty accurate what i did experience (with ifhe specced).

on top the MB's, no matter how accurate they're advertised, luv the dispersion module for them as well.

after all survival build just caters the ships strenghts more imo.