Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Game Guide: Surprising capturing basics

4 comments in this topic

Players
2,109 posts
18,822 battles

Hi,

finding myself complaining about the (lack of) manuals and tutorials in another thread again, I decided to have another look and actually read the manual cover to virtual cover. After all, WG might have improved it in the mean time and all the rants could have maybe just been based on assumptions.

It's called the game guide.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/crash_course/

Turns out it does actually contain some surprisingly useful basic information that I either misremembered or was not aware of, for example that in Standard Battles, the fastest capture is already achieved with just two players in the cap circle. "Additional players won't increase the speed, just spread the points around."

But leaving aside all the other issues for now, which I sent to Customer Service via the Ticket system, the most stunning thing was where it actually says "You do not earn any combat XP by capturing or defending zones in [Domination] mode" on the Getting Started page.

That surely hasn't been true for a long time, has it? Flies in the face of every CC tutorial etc. I often have low-damage no-kill games where I cap a lot in Domination and end up with loads of XP.  https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/crash_course/getting_started/

Players
6,452 posts
245 battles

oh so its not like wurld of tonks with 3 tankus having to cap to make it go faster?

interesting. if the cap contesting doesn't count towards exp then why the hell does wargaming have such a mode?

give meh what teh smoke pls.

halp.

• Angry 1

Players
2,109 posts
18,822 battles

I'm being forced to continue this in the Gameplay section, although it could be argued discussing the actual game guide is off-topic here when there is a specific forum section about game guides while this thread was initially about capping mechanics. But OK, let me hijack my own thread.

Second part was of course this one:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/

There are lots of training videos linked from this page.

The one about Team Battles is obsolete since they don't exist any more.

I suspect all the others are at least in parts obsolete since they were released years ago and there have been many changes since. The Ranked video and the one about Armour is from October 2015. I suspect all the others are, too. The mechanics changes alone mean that some of this content is actually hurting and not helping today.

Then there's the section titled "Maps".

Seems also still to be 2015 in there.

The most glaring issue is that the old Islands of Ice map is still in there, 

Big Race and others still mention Encounter Battle mode, Ocean has only Standard Battle. Apart from these , only Islands, New Dawn, Fault Line, North and Hotspot are even in there. I have not checked if they reflect any changes of the past years but that would surprise me since none of them even mentions Epicenter mode.

Sign in to follow this