Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Europizza

Bad economy is bad: WG what have you done?

16 comments in this topic

Players
2,258 posts
18,089 battles

I just had a match today in my Grozovoy, and somehow the Lexington player on our team caught my eye. I usually don't bother to check player stats, but there was something about this player that didn't compute. I opened up the profile. This players has a history of misery and pain straight into our high tier matches. WG why do you hand out a tier 9 premium Georgia after 260 horrible battles total? (328-68), a tier 8 Bismark without any prior german BB experience at all? A Lexington after 12 abysmal Ranger battles?

WG WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

2019-07-23.thumb.png.586556126af40c307fbd2b2b7b6e8470.png

image.thumb.png.87bb952d4c308749b2727ecd32df38f0.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,183 posts
18,925 battles

Looks like plenty of money spent. WG doesn't care about anything more than that.

• Cool 3

[303SQ]
[303SQ]
Players
464 posts
4,145 battles

He's been in ALL my games :cap_like:

Especially in Ranked and on Weekends. Yup.

I highly suspect he has hundreds of friends with identical stats. This also. For sure.

:etc_swear:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Seeing those Atlanta stats hurts me on a deeply spiritual level.

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,192 posts
9,073 battles

Call me an idiot or whatever, I still think that one category "Random Elite" that you can play only after you achieve something would be a solution.

I haven't thought it thoroughly but the following could be valid:

1. Who has the right to play? Lets say 50% + win rate AND green damage  (last 500 battles) AND 2,000 battles (in Random) threshold to be able to play Random Elite;

2. Random Elite does not count in the stats AND it costs more to play (+10% maybe?). This will make you think well before you go play with the big boys (and girlz before you call me sexist) It will have its own stat category;

3. T VIII and above. You need to have a Silver ship in that class to play with a premium of the same class. You will not be able to buy your way in with a ship.

4. Time? You will wait for a battle. Not so many good players around. 

5. Bellow 40% you drop out from Random Elite and you have to work your way in again with your stats in your last 100 Random Battles.

It doesn't affect the current economy, it adds one more target for players to work towards, it removes Unicums from the general population (well except for when they go seal clubbing) so the noob population like me can play and learn and not get roflstomped, Unicums get challenging games and don't complain about the noobs like me and WG can still sell all their goodies for anyone that wants to buy ships and go high tier in simple random. 

If not the good veteran players will be constantly frustrated and drop out, the noobs and the potatoes will not learn and we will have posts like this one.

Think about it.

Warm regards

Saltface

Players
2,106 posts
9,015 battles

Question: WG why do you hand out a tier 9 premium Georgia after 260 horrible battles total?

Answer: Because he paid for it.

The End.

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
1,188 posts
30,873 battles

Wargaming doesn't respect their players. Wargaming doesn't respect their game. And they do like money.

P.S.: A couple of days, I had a Lex on my side. 20ish matches, average damage of 985. I guess we need another rework to turn this special snowflake into a unicum. Skill gap still does exist.

[303SQ]
[303SQ]
Players
464 posts
4,145 battles

Let's not get started on all the players with no T5's who are running around in a Benham spraying torps at all and sundry whilst dying in all manner of colourful and logic defying ways.

[THESO]
Players
555 posts
10,806 battles
4 hours ago, Saltface said:

It doesn't affect the current economy, it adds one more target for players to work towards, it removes Unicums from the general population (well except for when they go seal clubbing) so the noob population like me can play and learn and not get roflstomped, Unicums get challenging games and don't complain about the noobs like me and WG can still sell all their goodies for anyone that wants to buy ships and go high tier in simple random. 

What you propose would remove a lot of the skilled player base from the regular high-tier randoms. Players not making the cut to play "Random Elite" might be pissed about it, and rightfully disappointed with the quality of the battles when they reach high tiers. 

I also have these thoughts quite often, especially when playing high-tier randoms. Tiers 8 to 10 accounted for more than 50 % of the played randoms when I last checked, so lots and lots of players in each tier.

I'm personally not convinced that a skill-based match making couldn't work well for the game, especially in high tiers where players are abundant but the skill disparity is often painfully visible. I could be simple, like 3 skill brackets where the highest and lowest never meet. I don't think the guys would really miss each other? Battles are more even, everybody is happier, WG makes even more money?

[MORIA]
Players
7,200 posts
33,697 battles
4 hours ago, Caljostro said:

Wargaming doesn't respect their players. Wargaming doesn't respect their game. And they do like money.

P.S.: A couple of days, I had a Lex on my side. 20ish matches, average damage of 985. I guess we need another rework to turn this special snowflake into a unicum. Skill gap still does exist.

985?! :Smile_ohmy:

Surprised Pikachu 20072019151848.jpg

Players
2,617 posts

Let's all hold hands and support this honest player in his efforts to get gut the hardest possible way

• Funny 1

Moderator, Sailing Hamster
454 posts

Closed.

There is no basis for a discussion. Keep in mind, that players of all "skill" levels keep the game alive and battle count doesn't really matter. There are people with 20000 battles that are not better or worse than others with 200 battles.

Kind Regards,

Arty_McFly

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1