You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldschoolGaming_YouTube

WG: Will Benham be put up for sale in the Premium shop?

210 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,839 posts
11,256 battles

Im just wondering if WG will put up Benham for sale in the Premium shop in the upcoming future? So I guess I direct this more towards @MrConway, @Crysantos.

I loved the fact that we, the playerbase had the chance to optain a great ship like the Benham for free during an event, I just feel that it was a bit of a failed timing to put such a grindy event during the summer holidays when a bit older players, like myself, that has a family, actually would like to spend some time with said family out in the sun, instead of sitting glued to the computer for the mayority of the holiday to try and grind Savage battles.

I have sinked a boat-load (pun intended) of cash into this game since CBT and would love to get another chance to purchase the Benham for cash in the Premium shop in a upcoming patch since I have been a DD main from the start. I dont think im alone in wanting this as well. So if you want to get a whole lot of easy cash from the playerbase, I think putting an anticipated and sought after DD like the Benham up for sale, is a step in the right direction.

Cheers WG! And thanks for a great game.

• Cool 10

[LEEUW]
Players
1,996 posts
9,856 battles

They said it wouldnt but who knows. I bet there are a lot of people out there who are willing to spend money on it. But it would kinda surpass their goal of getting people to grind ships when they start releasing them for cash afterwards anyway.

So WG be like:

giphy.gif

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Technically she's available already by proxy anyway, just dump money onto the Savage boxes until you have enough fuel tokens to get her. Otherwise I have no doubts that she'll find her way into the premium shop in some capacity inevitably, even if it's just in form of a random drop in the next Santa crates or whatever.

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,031 battles

Technically... you can buy it even now even if you haven't played a single battle during the last event.

800 fuel tokens needed / 15 fuel tokens per premium 'Rogue Wave' container = 54 containers needed

The best deal would be to buy 2 x 25 premium 'Rogue Wave' containers (2 x 25,000 doubloons)+ 1 x 4 premium 'Rogue Wave' containers (4,500 doubloons) = 54,500 doubloons

So I guess it would cost nearly 200 euros if bought that way. Probably not interesting for anyone but it is possible :)

• Funny 1

Players
72 posts
2 hours ago, Palubarac said:

Technically... you can buy it even now even if you haven't played a single battle during the last event.

800 fuel tokens needed / 15 fuel tokens per premium 'Rogue Wave' container = 54 containers needed

The best deal would be to buy 2 x 25 premium 'Rogue Wave' containers (2 x 25,000 doubloons)+ 1 x 4 premium 'Rogue Wave' containers (4,500 doubloons) = 54,500 doubloons

So I guess it would cost nearly 200 euros if bought that way. Probably not interesting for anyone but it is possible :)

I know of at least 3 people who were playing the Benham the first day it was available. (Not me, and I haven't done the grind for her either.  Enough of this obscene nonsense.)

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,801 battles
4 hours ago, Palubarac said:

Bitch please 22072019184745.jpg

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,954 battles
5 hours ago, Palubarac said:

In matter of fact some people bought her like this on the first day of the patch. I personally saw at leat 5 Benham first 3 days. 

And... There are always loot/gamble boxes. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
5,539 posts
22,760 battles

I spent some 30€ or such on her, beeing absent for the last stage of weekly missions AND some days before as well there was no other way, this event was wery grindy and would be even outside vacation season, I am (at an average) pulling 6-7 24h shifts a month and at those days its obviously impossible to play so the need to play all but one or two daily missions is, well, quite extreme, even for a free t9

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,801 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Is it bad that i spent my tokens on premium hooker time and coke

If you were sure you won't get the Benham - why not? 

Players
2,265 posts
18,094 battles

What I find annoying is that WG decides to put mostly BB's and battlecruisers behind coal and XP walls, and puts something I am actually interested in behind this obnoxious * limited time * horrible event * grind wall that I, as someone who plays almost every day even, have no interest to 'work' for. This event has been off putting in so many ways.

• Cool 5

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

1. - they will put B in premium shop you can bet your life on it.

2. - it was easy grind, no idea what peoples talking about, mostly peoples who have 10+ posts per day :)....if they spend less time typing on forum and more pew pew in game B would be in their garage

3. - epic ship.....ffs every 30 seconds you fire 8 torpedos....if you randomly let them go you will hit someething in 20 minutes

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[AMOK]
Players
1,926 posts
8,376 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, GarrusBrutus sagte:

But it would kinda surpass their goal of getting people to grind ships when they start releasing them for cash afterwards anyway.

Naah i think Christmas will be the latest date they put it in the shop or hide it behind Christmas loot boxes. I am curious which option they prefer...:cap_yes:...na just kiddin i already know :cap_haloween:

Vor 1 Stunde, ___V_E_N_O_M___ sagte:

Is it bad that i spent my tokens on premium hooker time and coke

If u treated her right :cap_like:...which tier are you on? :cap_haloween:

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,801 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

1. - they will put B in premium shop you can bet your life on it.

2. - it was easy grind, no idea what peoples talking about, mostly peoples who have 10+ posts per day :)....if they spend less time typing on forum and more pew pew in game B would be in their garage

3. - epic ship.....ffs every 30 seconds you fire 8 torpedos....if you randomly let them go you will hit someething in 20 minutes

Well I'm not going to play this mode for some T9. Plus this time of the year when the gameplay experience goes down even further. Frustrating. Better to do something else than to play the game. 

• Cool 5

[AMOK]
Players
1,926 posts
8,376 battles
Vor 7 Minuten, veslingr sagte:

it was easy grind, no idea what peoples talking about, mostly peoples who have 10+ posts per day :)....if they spend less time typing on forum and more pew pew in game B would be in their garage

Wtf are u talking about? I guess nearly nobody has WoWs installed at work(nobody who likes/needs his job) and the most just prograstinate a little by visiting forum.

• Cool 6

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,954 battles
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Well I'm not going to play this mode for some T9.

Exactly! 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,839 posts
11,256 battles
9 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

You know WG OSG, if there is $$$ to be made, it will be on sale :cap_tea:

I really hope you are right. This was the only ship I had interest in spending real cash for in a very long time. And of course WG decides to hide this ship behind an event like this during a time every sane person wants to spend some time with their kids and wife outside. And instead they put a whole lot uninteresting, meeh ships in Premium shop and in Armoury for coal. I guess WG wants me to spend my money on other game companys instead. 

9 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

They said it wouldnt but who knows. I bet there are a lot of people out there who are willing to spend money on it. But it would kinda surpass their goal of getting people to grind ships when they start releasing them for cash afterwards anyway.

So WG be like:

giphy.gif

I hope they see the value of sales on this ship as I do, I feel like they choosed the wrong ship to be the event reward for this. This ship was to special in her class, and also having this event at the worst possible time of the year. Why not have this ship during an event during the fall when most people are indoors anyways.

8 hours ago, Palubarac said:

I know, but even tho I love this game and have sunked more money then I want to know about into this game since CBT, purchasing a T9 Premium DD for 200 Euros is just not happening. But I (and a whole lot of other players) wouldnt have a issue paying 30-40 Euros for a Benham bundle in the Premium shop, so im hoping that WG seas the same value in this ship as all the players do. 

It would be a great cash waste for WG to not take this opportunity. 

29 minutes ago, Europizza said:

What I find annoying is that WG decides to put mostly BB's and battlecruisers behind coal and XP walls, and puts something I am actually interested in behind this obnoxious * limited time * horrible event * grind wall that I, as someone who plays almost every day even, have no interest to 'work' for. This event has been off putting in so many ways.

I totally agree! Wrong ship used in the wrong event during the wrong time period. Why not use one of all the recently spammed premium Coal/steel/XP cruisers/battlecruisers/battleships for this? And let the only anticipated and long time sought after DD be available in Premium shop instead? Dont WG wants to earn money? 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,030 posts
18,995 battles
29 minutes ago, Europizza said:

We have Freisland/Somners/Hayate that should be Coal/steal and free XP there is also the new Italian CL/DD. 

Freisland conformed free XP and we did get Neustrashimy for steel

I agree with you sentiment its taken to long for use to get some DD from these currency. 

The must play every day annoyed me greatly on this campaign

• Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, Donar79 said:

Wtf are u talking about? I guess nearly nobody has WoWs installed at work(nobody who likes/needs his job) and the most just prograstinate a little by visiting forum.

so you think it is appropriate to surf forums on work and not start coop battles ? :)

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[AMOK]
Players
1,926 posts
8,376 battles
Vor 1 Minute, OldschoolGaming_YouTube sagte:

30-40 Euros for a Benham bundle in the Premium shop,

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
8 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Better to do something else than to play the game. 

i am married...i do not have anything better to dothan to play game :)

• Funny 2

[AMOK]
Players
1,926 posts
8,376 battles
Vor 1 Minute, veslingr sagte:

so you think it is appropriate to surf forums on work and not start coop battles ? :)

Are you for real? Its much easier to hide a visited page then an installed game with 40GB download. Besides neither is "ok" for a boss.

Beta Tester
1,839 posts
11,256 battles
6 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

We have Freisland/Somners/Hayate that should be Coal/steal and free XP there is also the new Italian CL/DD. 

Freisland conformed free XP and we did get Neustrashimy for steel

I agree with you sentiment its taken to long for use to get some DD from these currency. 

The must play every day annoyed me greatly on this campaign

But for me and I guess a whole lot of other "oldschool" DD mains those ships cant even compare to Benham attraction. For those of us who had the chance to experience the Kitakami back in the day, probably had a nice flashback when they first saw Benham and the possibilities this ship brings.

5 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

giphy.gif

contributions.jpg.f754b772d7d804bedf5c5365ead0c4fd.jpg