Sign in to follow this  
Vilodrom

i want to enable replays but my wows is difficult

12 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
81 posts
1,662 battles

ok so ive watched videos on how to enable replays but in all of them there is a world of warships folder. all ive got (and ive tried re-installing) is a folder called

World_Of_Warships_EU with the wows logo on it and when you click it it opens the launcher. For some reason, I don't have that root folder with all the different info in it (or I do but i just can't find it).

what can i do to enable replays !

Wows.PNG

^This is all I got when re-installing the game, no folder or anything.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts

That's not a folder. It is telling you right there in the screenshot that it is a shortcut. A link to the executable that launches the game.

Do a click with the right mouse key on that shortcut. In the context menu that opens, select "properties". In those properties you will see a folder address that will take you to your games directory if you copy and paste it into the file explorer. To open the file explorer press the windows key + E.

Replays as such are enabled by default for several patches now. The game will safe the last 30 replays within your games installation directory (see above on how to get there). To launch them you have to make a click with the right mouse key on one such a replay and from the context menu select "open with ...". Then chose "other" and in the file explorer windows that opens browse to your WoWs installation directory once more and select the WorldofWarships.exe. If that doesn't work, search for the subfolder bin64 and use the WorldofWarships64.exe you find there.

If you need further help please ask.

[SM0KE]
Players
81 posts
1,662 battles

Thanks! it worked :D

I only have the last 6, i had a nice 130k charles martel game like 18 away . . . is there any way of getting that back?

also, can replays be turned into twitch videos?

tysm <3

also im seeing on a lot of videos people are using the basic crosshair without the numbers, is that because they are 2gud for the advanced one or am i missing something

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts
56 minutes ago, Vilodrom said:

is there any way of getting that back?

No. If it is gone, it's gone. Unless you have a backup of your games folder somewhere.

57 minutes ago, Vilodrom said:

also, can replays be turned into twitch videos?

When you have the proper streaming equipment it should work the exact same as streaming the live game.

58 minutes ago, Vilodrom said:

also im seeing on a lot of videos people are using the basic crosshair without the numbers, is that because they are 2gud for the advanced one or am i missing something

Not sure what you mean by that.

Are you talking about dynamic versus static crosshairs or about the advanced information option (either temporary by pressing the ALT key or permanently set in the game settings)?

Personally I prefer the static crosshair. I'm used to it and know how to use it. Others prefer the dynamic one because they can play better with it or like it better for their looks. In the end both work fine once you got used to them and learned to use them properly.

[SM0KE]
Players
81 posts
1,662 battles
4 hours ago, Egoleter said:

When you have the proper streaming equipment it should work the exact same as streaming the live game.

i have 0 streaming equipment and my computer can't handle streaming live. . . :(

i also wouldn't mind uploading the videos to YT but it says I have an invalid file format  (atm its .wowsreplay)

it lists different file types i can use but idk how to switch it

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts
2 hours ago, Vilodrom said:

i have 0 streaming equipment and my computer can't handle streaming live. . . :(

i also wouldn't mind uploading the videos to YT but it says I have an invalid file format  (atm its .wowsreplay)

it lists different file types i can use but idk how to switch it

That's what I meant. The replay as such only works with World of Warships. If you want to upload it as a video you'll need some third party recording software that will save whatever is on your screen into a video format.

You could upload it to https://replayswows.com/ but I have no idea how that website works. You'll need to ask there for further help.

[SM0KE]
Players
81 posts
1,662 battles

oh :(

But then how do people like Jingles review other peoples replays because i think they do not have a third party

also thanks :D

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts
41 minutes ago, Vilodrom said:

oh :(

But then how do people like Jingles review other peoples replays because i think they do not have a third party

also thanks :D

Third party tools mean, that those tools are created by someone not involved with the game or the operating system of your computer.

If I program a calculator for your PC, then this is a third party tool. If someone else creates a recroding software then that is also a third party tool.

You could probably google for stream recording software.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts
7 minutes ago, Vilodrom said:

i meant 3rd party recording xd

Jingles is using some third party tools for sure. You could ask him during a livestream. Maybe he'll provide you with the names of the products he is using to create his streams and his video editing.

[SM0KE]
Players
81 posts
1,662 battles

yeah other streaming devices not working for me, redownloaded OBS and followed a 'low end computer streaming settings' video (even though mine isnt that bad) with a person who apparently has an i3 (i have an i7) and his stream was perfect and mine was non existent so

any ideas what im doing wrong? xd

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts

No, sorry. I never streamed myself and would start at the very beginning, just like you.

OBS has a forum too. I'm sure someone there will be able to offer you the advice you seek.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this