You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kiowa

Khabarovsk in 0.8.5.1 - HELP

39 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,148 battles

Hi mates, 

After long time grinding the Russian DD line i finally got Khaba, but all hell broke loose!?!

Suddenly I'm only loosing. 

My Tashekent experience was wayyy better. and i'm running Flamu's tank build.

Can some one give some advice hot to play Khaba in the current CV meta?

• Cool 1

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
3 minutes ago, kiowa said:

Hi mates, 

After long time grinding the Russian DD line i finally got Khaba, but all hell broke loose!?!

Don't play Khaba, go back to Tashkent for extra range or Grozovoi for at least some AA and more range anyway

And "CV meta" is gone, as carrier playerbase already hit pre rework values, so you have to be quite unlucky to bump into one or stop teaming up with CV.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,272 posts
18,395 battles

I could sing you a song about how overnerfed Khaba is right now. But WG shills would come and start whining.

Don't play the ship, when Kleber comes it will be a port queen anyway.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Players
3,843 posts
10,512 battles

WG is looking at old stats when Khaba was OP.

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
10,870 battles
24 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Don't play Khaba, go back to Tashkent for extra range or Grozovoi for at least some AA and more range anyway

And "CV meta" is gone, as carrier playerbase already hit pre rework values, so you have to be quite unlucky to bump into one or stop teaming up with CV.

We are under the rework level but cause there are only on pair tiers they are more concentrate and so games with cv are more common, do not worry anyway cv players Will keep on disappearing

[MORIA]
Players
7,200 posts
33,722 battles

Useless torps, bad firing range, eats BB AP, sluggish AF. :Smile_sceptic:

It's playable but it's hard/challenging to play. After Kleber release will be a rare ship to see. 

• Cool 1

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
23 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Unfortunately recent stats doesn't put her in position for buffs, as handful of basterds playing her just keep her top damage:Smile_smile: Even Daring, newest DD addition have more players and battles behind her belt (as well 55% WR)...

• Cool 1

Players
150 posts
6,246 battles

I started trying a stealth build with smoke and if you have a team mate can do alright...but no where near as good as it used to be. Not to worry tho because the French tier X will be a pre-nerfed khaba

[MORIA]
Players
7,200 posts
33,722 battles
4 minutes ago, ReapingKnight said:

I started trying a stealth build with smoke and if you have a team mate can do alright...but no where near as good as it used to be. Not to worry tho because the French tier X will be a pre-nerfed khaba

Without double rudder module is ultra sluggish. It's very hard to play with no heal. 

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Players
271 posts
12,682 battles

The Khab is not as much fun as it used to be. There's better HE spammers now. She's too sluggish even with all the steering mods, eats AP damage with her 50mm armor and lacks AA. She's a challenge to use efficiently, these days.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,838 posts
11,256 battles
5 hours ago, kiowa said:

Hi mates, 

Khaba was insane strong ship a while back but has been nerfed and powercrept to death almost. Specially with all new DDs like Harugumo and cruisers like Stalin etc.

My tip. Go heal instead of smoke and stay at maxrange, but it still will be a problem.

• Cool 1

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
10 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Khaba was insane strong ship a while back but has been nerfed and powercrept to death almost. Specially with all new DDs like Harugumo and cruisers like Stalin etc.

My tip. Go heal instead of smoke and stay at maxrange, but it still will be a problem.

Then there is issue of Tashkent being more forgiving to play - almost 2km more range, lack of BB rudder shift, doesn't eat AP pens and have actually serviceable torpedoes at expense of one turret and 1050hp

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,838 posts
11,256 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Then there is issue of Tashkent being more forgiving to play - almost 2km more range, lack of BB rudder shift, doesn't eat AP pens and have actually serviceable torpedoes at expense of one turret and 1050hp

I think both Tashkent and the other T9 and Grozovoi are way stronger in this Meta which is really sad for those of us that remember her glory days.....

But that was a long time ago. They should really buff Khaba again or atleast give her smoke and heal like Groz.

• Funny 1

Players
463 posts
10,356 battles
1 hour ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

I think both Tashkent and the other T9 and Grozovoi are way stronger in this Meta which is really sad for those of us that remember her glory days.....

But that was a long time ago. They should really buff Khaba again or atleast give her smoke and heal like Groz.

Nice vids ;)

I agree with all the above. As a first step however they could give her the same overpen thingy that all other DDs get. I think it would do wonders. Right now I feel like Its the random full AP pen that you eat that pisses on your parade.

I tried to play it drunk with IFHE last Saturday. 120-125k games not bad but nothing special. Switched to Grozovoi... 206k 2600base xp. Its another type of beast.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
585 posts
7,851 battles
7 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Exept it never was OP. Put me in a Gearing vs myself in "old" Khaba and my team with Gearing would win most of the games. The reason it had so good WR and dmg was that DD players are in general bad, tend to die in first minute, while Khaba was unlikely to do so becouse he wouldnt contest caps the same ways, and i dare to say better players played it. So if you had to teams with a few DDs each, one team has a Khaba, the Khaba team had the advantage of having 1 ship more after the DDs had yoloed to death. So rest of game is eight 130mm guns more than enemy team. Good DD players however, didnt yolo and did far more important things than Khaba shoting BBs all game, like capping, spotting, torping etc.

If it was so OP as some say, how come no clans used it?

[SCRUB]
Players
3,843 posts
10,512 battles
5 hours ago, WarburtonLee said:

Exept it never was OP. Put me in a Gearing vs myself in "old" Khaba and my team with Gearing would win most of the games. The reason it had so good WR and dmg was that DD players are in general bad, tend to die in first minute, while Khaba was unlikely to do so becouse he wouldnt contest caps the same ways, and i dare to say better players played it. So if you had to teams with a few DDs each, one team has a Khaba, the Khaba team had the advantage of having 1 ship more after the DDs had yoloed to death. So rest of game is eight 130mm guns more than enemy team. Good DD players however, didnt yolo and did far more important things than Khaba shoting BBs all game, like capping, spotting, torping etc.

If it was so OP as some say, how come no clans used it?

Play style.

It is a "selfish" boat that does not bring team play to the table.

Any boat that lacks "the team tools" will never get into the competitive play.

Hell, I even had my clan mate complain when I brought her to random div ... hence that is why when I mostly play(ed) her when playing solo.

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
585 posts
7,851 battles
38 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Play style.

Hell, I even had my clan mate complain when I brought her to random div ... hence that is why when I mostly play(ed) her when playing solo.

Yes i know, khaba is one of my most played ships, and was great for doing dmg. But if i was the lone DD in Khaba, vs competent any other DD, my team would struggle. So it never was OP

edit: Note that i say competent DD here, the avg. DD player tends to find a way to die even without other DDs or Radars on enemy team

[IDDQD]
Players
2,092 posts
19,485 battles
9 hours ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Hold my beer, probably best game i have ever played, always watching it from time to time just to remember how fun ship was it. My most played DD....but not anymore after all nerfs and game changes :Smile_sad: 

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,838 posts
11,256 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Play style.

I cant really agree there. I think there is a great misconception calling ships like Khaba or Henri selfish or not teamplayers. I dont think just because a ship is a long range damage farmer it doesnt bring anything to the table in regards to teamplay. Sure, if your looking at Khaba being a DD and should contest caps or fight DDs then its a bit crap, but I dont really feel thats Khabas role.

I would like to compare Khaba with Henri IV, who many also think is a very selfish ship that brings nothing to teamplay and who is also a long range firespammer and damage dealer. I think both these ships brings a lot to the team on the flank they fight on since they will help to decimate (if they have a average to good captain) the enemy fleet on that flank, spamming fires after fires on the enemys cruisers and BBs, forcing them to turn and run, showing broadsides to the friendly BBs on your flank, also support said BBs in their individual fights against the enemy BB. I have been said BB looking at 2 enemy BBs facing me while I had a Khaba, Harugumo or Henri somewhere behind me. My first thought has been "crap, im dead"! but then i see the Rainbow of fire and death rain down on both enemy BBs pushing my position and I see their HP just melt away under 2-3-4 deck fires while I reverse while bow tanking the both BBs. They are also very good to draw fire from you in the tankin BB since everyone and their grandmother wants to shoot and kill a firespamming Khaba or Henri but very few actually hit those ships at range making them waste millions of potential damage on them that could have landed on your BB instead.

So bottom line, if I play a BB pushing a flank I would much rather take a Khaba or a Henri as support then a whole lot of other ships. An almost perfect division would be a torpspamming Yugumo in front spotting, screening torps, spamming torps, a BB behind tanking/blapping and finally a Khaba or Henri behind spamming fires and drawing fire. That said, Khaba is a bit crippled right now with the nerfed gunrange, but Khaba back in the day? Daaaaamn.

I think they should give Khaba a slightly longer rang, slightly better AA and a smoke. Because as it stands right now, her T10 sistership, Grozovoi just craps on her. I understand why WG felt they needed to nerf it a bit back in the day, but with all the new ships and powercreeps its just ridiculous that ships like Khaba and Shima sits where they do today.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,843 posts
10,512 battles
4 hours ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

I cant really agree there. I think there is a great misconception calling ships like Khaba or Henri selfish or not teamplayers. I dont think just because a ship is a long range damage farmer it doesnt bring anything to the table in regards to teamplay. Sure, if your looking at Khaba being a DD and should contest caps or fight DDs then its a bit crap, but I dont really feel thats Khabas role.

I would like to compare Khaba with Henri IV, who many also think is a very selfish ship that brings nothing to teamplay and who is also a long range firespammer and damage dealer. I think both these ships brings a lot to the team on the flank they fight on since they will help to decimate (if they have a average to good captain) the enemy fleet on that flank, spamming fires after fires on the enemys cruisers and BBs, forcing them to turn and run, showing broadsides to the friendly BBs on your flank, also support said BBs in their individual fights against the enemy BB. I have been said BB looking at 2 enemy BBs facing me while I had a Khaba, Harugumo or Henri somewhere behind me. My first thought has been "crap, im dead"! but then i see the Rainbow of fire and death rain down on both enemy BBs pushing my position and I see their HP just melt away under 2-3-4 deck fires while I reverse while bow tanking the both BBs. They are also very good to draw fire from you in the tankin BB since everyone and their grandmother wants to shoot and kill a firespamming Khaba or Henri but very few actually hit those ships at range making them waste millions of potential damage on them that could have landed on your BB instead.

So bottom line, if I play a BB pushing a flank I would much rather take a Khaba or a Henri as support then a whole lot of other ships. An almost perfect division would be a torpspamming Yugumo in front spotting, screening torps, spamming torps, a BB behind tanking/blapping and finally a Khaba or Henri behind spamming fires and drawing fire. That said, Khaba is a bit crippled right now with the nerfed gunrange, but Khaba back in the day? Daaaaamn.

I think they should give Khaba a slightly longer rang, slightly better AA and a smoke. Because as it stands right now, her T10 sistership, Grozovoi just craps on her. I understand why WG felt they needed to nerf it a bit back in the day, but with all the new ships and powercreeps its just ridiculous that ships like Khaba and Shima sits where they do today.

Yes in a perfect game where tactics would make an attractive play .... sure... I am down with you 100%.

But the truth is, that competitive mostly uses ships with plenty tools and does "safe play", to me boring AF, hence that's what I at least feel about it....

[77MM]
Players
400 posts
13,761 battles

In some way the khaba (on it's good day) is the ultimate team player. Half the enemy shoots at you (hopefully from a flank), providing a great distraction.

Having said that I don't play the khaba much these days - there's too many laser accurate ships around - balancegrad, kremlin etc.

• Cool 1

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
30 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

In some way the khaba (on it's good day) is the ultimate team player. Half the enemy shoots at you (hopefully from a flank), providing a great distraction.

Having said that I don't play the khaba much these days - there's too many laser accurate ships around - balancegrad, kremlin etc.

Well, it takes russian to fight russian:Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,148 battles

Wow the overwhelming replies! Thank you.

I currently build the Khaba for brawls with other dd's. only issue I'm suffering compared to Tashkent is the range.

A boost to the range will be pretty useful.

Smoke Khaba is playable but with all those radars its hard. 

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,148 battles

I just checked the stats of Mogador's Guns and Khaba's guns - too close and the stats of Kleber are not yet final.

Khaba needs a buff, that's for sure -

@Crysantos Is there plans for buffing or not?