You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

I was supposed to finish the Benham daily missions today

50 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
Players
1,192 posts
37,955 battles

I was supposed to get my Benham today but for some reason I didn't find the 100 fuel token mission and I only found coal daily missions. What happened?!!! :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,024 posts
18,908 battles

@ABED1984

The last day was yesterday.. it finished at 6:30 am UTC today at the same time as the daily crates and daily mission resets....

ben.thumb.png.4ac89c8f15658d153db057d07f7426bf.png

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
Players
1,192 posts
37,955 battles
2 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

The last day was yesterday.. it finished at 6:30 am UTC today at the same time as the daily crates and daily mission resets....

OMG!!.. The game didn't say anything about that except that fuel collecting will end in 26/7 :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,024 posts
18,908 battles
Just now, ABED1984 said:

OMG!!.. The game didn't say anything about that except that fuel collecting will end in 26/7 :Smile_facepalm:

It douse... look at my edited post

[PNAVY]
Players
1,192 posts
37,955 battles
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

It douse... look at my edited post

Damn, I missed one day. :Smile_facepalm:

Players
9,327 posts
10,972 battles
17 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

I was supposed to get my Benham today but for some reason I didn't find the 100 fuel token mission and I only found coal daily missions. What happened?!!! :Smile_unsure:

This is part where you unzip wallet:cap_popcorn:

• Funny 4

[PNAVY]
Players
1,192 posts
37,955 battles
8 minutes ago, 250swb said:

You need to buy seven containers, £23.09.

only 2 containers. I need 23 fuel tokens.

1 minute ago, Europizza said:

Worst event ever hands down.

Agree.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,024 posts
18,908 battles
1 minute ago, Europizza said:

Difficult to disagree.. forcing 24 out of 25 days playing was not nice

• Cool 11

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,768 battles
Just now, T0byJug said:

Difficult to disagree.. forcing 24 out of 25 days playing was not nice

I could get around that. The problem for me was the Savage battle part. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,024 posts
18,908 battles
10 minutes ago, Episparh said:

I could get around that. The problem for me was the Savage battle part. 

Buying the Hill ment you could only have to play 23 out of 24 days to get the Benham with no more money outlay.

thats what i did.. As it happens i acheaved to goal so have 130 Fuel to buy camos with

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,768 battles
6 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Buying the Hill ment you could only have to play 23 out of 24 days to get the Benham with no more money outlay.

thats what i did.. As it happens i acheaved to goal so have 130 Fuel to buy camos with

Well, I need to preserve my last two brain cells. It will be available through other means lately... Maybe! 

• Funny 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,162 posts
33,559 battles
26 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

only 2 containers. I need 23 fuel tokens

Not bad tbh. I know it's money, but that T9 is worth it. 

• Cool 1

Players
10 posts
4,866 battles

I just submitted a ticket, not going to post details as it's private and I don't have permission but got the same response as above from the coast-guards that its server tick related and the only real way forward is to spend money (0% chance of that happening for me right now). I've escalated to technical support.

The main reason this is frustrating is because the Daily Missions, (you know the things to complete to do the series mission) have the expiry date of the 22nd. This means that there are missions with identical expiry dates that actually expire on different days.

Misleading is the word I'd use, will see if Tech support are able to help. Feeling pretty disappointed/disgusted at the moment. Going to do todays Daily mission just in case it logs and that matters but probably going to give Wows a break after. This bait and switch has definitely muted my interest in playing at the moment.

20190721_100202.jpg

20190722_161020.jpg

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
Players
1,192 posts
37,955 battles
5 minutes ago, Alexb303 said:

Going to do todays Daily mission

I did it and got no fuel tokens from it. Don't waste your time. The daily mission rally is over.

[NWP]
Players
8,697 posts
8,643 battles
3 minutes ago, Alexb303 said:

I just submitted a ticket, not going to post details as it's private and I don't have permission but got the same response as above from the coast-guards. I've escalated to technical support.

The main reason this is frustrating is because the Daily Missions, (you know the things to complete to do the series mission) have the expiry date of the 22nd. This means that there are missions with identical expiry dates that actually expire on different days.

Misleading is the word I'd use, will see if Tech support are able to help. Feeling pretty disappointed/disgusted at the moment. Going to do todays Daily mission just in case it logs and that matters but probably going to give Wows a break after. This bait and switch has definitely muted my interest in playing at the moment. 

Expiration date has always been like that. If you look at todays daily missions, it says 23.07. since you can still complete them a few hours after 00:00

Anyway, the best way to check would have been, to just read what the description said in the news: 48 out of 50. If today would have been included, it would ve 52.

• Cool 1

Players
842 posts
11,787 battles

It's really annoying because we're conditioned to expect deadlines to expire at midnight, and not 5 a.m. local time.

I also found it really weird because I got the 48 and never missed a day, but didn't have a day to spare? It seems like I was a day behind at the beginning based on when the update went live, but can't really remember. Maybe I slacked off that first day.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,569 posts
25,315 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

Maybe second worse. So far nothing could beat Nachi mission. The Great Naval Battles were close too. But it is very badly designed. 

• Cool 2

Players
10 posts
4,866 battles
37 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

If you look at todays daily missions, it says 23.07. since you can still complete them a few hours after 00:00

No, todays daily missions say 22nd, thats my point. That picture was taken 10 minutes before the post. I can take another current one if you want.

37 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Expiration date has always been like that. If you look at todays daily missions, it says 23.07. since you can still complete them a few hours after 00:00

Anyway, the best way to check would have been, to just read what the description said in the news: 48 out of 50. If today would have been included, it would ve 52.

Doesn't mean it's right. I'm a new player as of a few months ago and it makes no sense to me. Does everyone have to go through the confusion or something, is it a rite of passage? Why don't they replace it with a countdown timer or put an expiry time on there or at least sync it so that everything is the same.

That way when I looked at the series expiry and my daily mission expiry my calculations would have (accurately) shown me falling short instead of being able to make it.

Edit: Looking at the Battle numbers of some of the other posters it would appear this confusion does not just affect new players and is annoying everyone across the spectrum of players.

Players
9,327 posts
10,972 battles
25 minutes ago, Alexb303 said:

Doesn't mean it's right. I'm a new player as of a few months ago and it makes no sense to me

The very purpose of events like this is to pray upon player mistakes, so they would have to spend on the game if they are determined to get the reward.

• Cool 3

Players
3,078 posts
13,774 battles

I just worked 1 extra shift at work and bought the containers. I ain’t got time to grind my enjoyment away. 

WG need to have a look at how demanding grinds for single ships are. 

• Cool 1

Players
9,327 posts
10,972 battles
2 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I just worked 1 extra shift at work and bought the containers. I ain’t got time to grind my enjoyment away. 

WG need to have a look at how demanding grinds for single ships are. 

Obviously they took a look at them and determined 100% frequency is of "just right" for a free boat:cap_tea:

Players
1,414 posts
17,595 battles

It was a very tight time limit I just got her last night, and was too tired to even bother playing her but wow to get her for free that was a hell of a grind.

• Cool 2

Players
10 posts
4,866 battles
27 minutes ago, Panocek said:

The very purpose of events like this is to pray upon player mistakes, so they would have to spend on the game if they are determined to get the reward.

True, from their perspective having people just failing to meet the target is a good thing. However, in my view there's a line between "player mistake" and "being mislead", one leads to purchases to make up the shortfall, the other leads to confusion and anger.

A tough to meet target which for a free to play game I'm all ok with that, go nuts! The other is a bait and switch with players putting hours in to meet a goal only to have that snatched away at the last minute and thats what I'm unhappy with. As I said if the expiry dates were consistent my calculations 3 weeks ago would have been accurate and I'd not have bothered even trying.

In any case I'm going to choose to believe this is an oversight or bug rather than deliberately made to mislead. Compared to other F2P games wargaming is pretty decent, compensation for server outages, rental ships for ranked battles. Mission chains and free premium stuff here and there. Some $60 games don't even do that kinda stuff.

So I'll give them benefit of the doubt but they still need to fix their stuff so it's consistent, ideally so it's clear to the average user such as myself who doesn't read every news article and forum post for the server reset times and just plays the game based off the port screen mission board.

In terms of grinding - I have enjoyed playing, not been a grind for me. I just wouldn't have played religiously for weeks if the reward hadn't been a free T9 prem destroyer. Sure I could spend money and work an hour or two extra but right now the last thing I want to do is give money to wargaming especially with the sour taste in my mouth.

• Cool 1