Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Hit the Tier VI Milestone in 10 Simple Steps

13 comments in this topic

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,987 battles

Put a darn tutorials in game. No one will actually watch and read external resources for hours instead of playing a game... Unless you put it on Netflix. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
296 posts
3,928 battles

11. Get the game from Steam. Much MUCH cheaper ships etc. in the long run.

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,275 posts
18,433 battles
1 hour ago, gizaman said:

11. Get the game from Steam. Much MUCH cheaper ships etc. in the long run.

And you won't be treated like trash by WG. Instead you will be treated like almost trash.

• Cool 1

[VMBS]
Beta Tester
35 posts
5,814 battles

Agree on the first comment. Game came out in 2015 and you still dont have basic tutorial that explains game mechanics to new players like HE penetration rule, overmatching, angling, when to use AP or HE, what each class should do etc...

This game is incredibly difficult for new player and from my experience the biggest problems in the game are HE BBs, pushing to hard and getting focused down easily and leading shots. This game NEEDs comprehensive tutorial for new players. It's not simple and braindead as WoT is.

• Cool 3

Players
861 posts
11,990 battles

It's a great read, if the goal is to encourage a linear progression before mastering the basics.

This guide, all of your articles and videos, CC programme, are not a substitute for a proper in-game tutorial explaining how to play and how to master each of the mechanics. If you really want to expand the playerbase you have to make it as accessible as possible. Don't just chuck new players in to sink or swim. Even in co-op.

• Cool 3

Players
333 posts
14,358 battles

Nice write up for new players, don't let it fall down the news feed, so new players of this week can read it but not new week 

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

Step 1: Get a bot and get it to run down the KM cruiser line on every machine and virtual machine you have access to!

• Cool 2

[-KIC-]
[-KIC-]
Players
7 posts
14,936 battles

there is only one problem with this..

if you're starting a new account

you don't get access to anything

i attempted a new account several days ago, i hoped my kids would like to play so i thought to grab the warspite

reached tier 6 in 5 coop and 32 random games. (the 33rd random game is with the t6 nurnberg)

i still dont have access to camo or signals, i got access to the captain while on tier5, so he has only 4 skills now

i got access to campaigns 4 battles ago. signals will come in 7 battles, camo in 10 after that

i need 32 more battles to unlock combat missions..

/edit, i forgot.. you get access to containers BEFORE you get access to freexp, camo or signals. so you open a container and the stuff you got goes to limbo.. 

sigcam.thumb.jpg.967f0978f600155d8f5ac1b2ebb3e380.jpgextcap.thumb.jpg.491a67178333bbdaaa5bb8e0499fbdc0.jpg

yeah, the average noob will take more time.. but if the average noob has a skilled recruiter who can teach him a few tricks, like when to shoot he/ap, and properly use torps, then it's doable..

which makes this "tutorial" simply wrong, because you will get to tier 6 way before you unlock the hints in this article

Edited by lesh1nar
updated complaints
  • Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
10,961 battles
17 hours ago, Crowarior said:

Agree on the first comment. Game came out in 2015 and you still dont have basic tutorial that explains game mechanics to new players like HE penetration rule, overmatching, angling, when to use AP or HE, what each class should do etc...

This game is incredibly difficult for new player and from my experience the biggest problems in the game are HE BBs, pushing to hard and getting focused down easily and leading shots. This game NEEDs comprehensive tutorial for new players. It's not simple and braindead as WoT is.

Not wanting to attack you personally or anything, but isn't part of trying out a new game the experience that you figure stuff out somehow?

And aren't tiers 1 to 3 basically the tutorial area here? There's even special protected matchmaking for new players in which they don't even get matched with 15k kamikaze vets.

And these days everybody knows google :Smile-_tongue:

Players
132 posts
192 battles

10 steps?...really?...you only need 1 step, buy crates till you have enough coal to buy the T10 Yoshino, so just one step really buy Yoshino with coal from crates :)

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
On 7/22/2019 at 7:33 PM, Crowarior said:

Well there's the "How it works" series. Though they didn't put it in more visible place, easier to see by new players. The episodes are pretty well made and easy to understand. 

Players
183 posts
7,956 battles
On 7/22/2019 at 2:34 PM, The_EURL_Guy said:

Follow our 10-step program to ensure a quick and efficient charge up the tiers!

Read it on the portal

Additionally, if you're a newcomer, check out the:

IF YOU LIKE SF GET THE RUSSIAN SHIPS

Sign in to follow this